Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,530

Matt_Castle said:

To somewhat atone for my previous abuse of Lyoness's Pret A Jolie Outfit, I've done another render of it on the kind of character it was actually intended for (i.e. not a horse*).

Gallery Link

* Although Lyoness *did* apparently consider the fact I was going to put the outfit on Jade.

Very cute render, although I must say I do love your horsing around  wink

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,130

Crossposting it from Daz+ since I was trying out new things while making the contest entry.

https://www.daz3d.com/fn-cesar-hd-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/mystical-forest (there was a lot of frustration here, because it took me a while to figure out that the background forest had high emmissive on that made it impossible to render any dark scenes until you changed it)

https://www.daz3d.com/bw-pride-of-knights-armor-outfit-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/da-spirit-for-daz-dog-8

https://www.daz3d.com/ghostly-companion-poses-for-da-spirit

As a side note, the original image was very, very meh, but thankfully postwork has turned it into something more appealing.

@joanna, wow, that picture grabbed me SO much! And thanks for the tip with the forest emission, cause it's on my wishlist.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    edited May 15

My most recent buy was a drum set:

sp copy -lr.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 754K
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874

Great renders all!

joanna That is just stunning!! Amazing post work! heart Thanks for the tip about the mystical forest.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412
    edited May 25

FN Cesar HD for Genesis 9
    Face Free Long Style and Headbands Bundle for Genesis 9
    Z Everyday Smartphone Pose Mega Set for Genesis 9 and Genesis 8 Female
    dForce Grunge Essence Outfit Genesis 9
    Mariposa Wings Genesis 9 Eye Makeup Builder

Other than FN Cesar HD, the recent purchases were for females (since, after all, it is the Daz store). He's not sure this look is working for him. No, the blue headband would probably work better.

Cesar long hair phone selfie_002_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

FN Cesar HD for Genesis 9
    Face Free Long Style and Headbands Bundle for Genesis 9
    Z Everyday Smartphone Pose Mega Set for Genesis 9 and Genesis 8 Female
    dForce Grunge Essence Outfit Genesis 9
    Mariposa Wings Genesis 9 Eye Makeup Builder

Other than FN Cesar HD, the recent purchases were for females (since, after all, it is the Daz store). He's not sure this look is working for him. No, the blue headband would probably work better.

Love this, such a cool vibe, and the hair and face rendered so real! Also great to see the thread is still alive!

• https://www.daz3d.com/down-deep

I'll toss one in. As soon as I saw this environment, I knew I had to have it. The potential to fil it with billboards and make it come alive from so many angles is there. Right now, I'm decking it out with bright signs from a few other sets to give it a more authentic cyberpunk feel, but this was my test run with it. I don't like how the emissives aren't separate textures, so it's hard to really give that scene lighting a hard punch, but tweaking the tonemapping sort of made up for it.

Levels - Maybe half.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 226K

protosynthetic said:

https://www.daz3d.com/down-deep

I'll toss one in. As soon as I saw this environment, I knew I had to have it. The potential to fil it with billboards and make it come alive from so many angles is there. Right now, I'm decking it out with bright signs from a few other sets to give it a more authentic cyberpunk feel, but this was my test run with it. I don't like how the emissives aren't separate textures, so it's hard to really give that scene lighting a hard punch, but tweaking the tonemapping sort of made up for it.

Great perspective, thanks for posting this! I had this set on my wishlist, too, but I guess it must be rather big, filesize wise. Did you find it easy to work with, or is it unwieldy because it's such a big set? 

• tsroemi said:

protosynthetic said:

Great perspective, thanks for posting this! I had this set on my wishlist, too, but I guess it must be rather big, filesize wise. Did you find it easy to work with, or is it unwieldy because it's such a big set

That's one of the nice things it has going for it. Even with the two G8.1 figures, the three robots, and the one Genesis three in there, I never reached the point of stuttering viewport. It loads and and out fast, even if the file size is almost a full gig. The pivot point is in true center, so it behaves when you Y rotate.

My only complaints are what I infered from above, the lighting is dim, and you're going to have a tough time getting an HDRI to light the whole thing, so you're going to have to up the values for ISO and/or shutter speed if you don't want to fight spotlights. Rather than have separate textures for the lights, the emission masks are built in to the walls and props that have them, and even map-preserving shaders like Marshian's ultraviolet set will mess them up, so it's a challenge.

It is splittable by level, so you can delete a couple levels and make it a stubbier structure or repeate a couple to make it really deep.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,785

barbult said:

Hahaha! Killer line! Thanks for the laugh and the cool render. Kindness, intelligence, talent, AND a dry sense of humour? Congratulations to your other half.

I just discovered SapphireBlue's other thread, but I didn't meet any of the criteria. This one is even better!

protosynthetic said:

My only complaints are what I infered from above, the lighting is dim, and you're going to have a tough time getting an HDRI to light the whole thing, so you're going to have to up the values for ISO and/or shutter speed if you don't want to fight spotlights. Rather than have separate textures for the lights, the emission masks are built in to the walls and props that have them, and even map-preserving shaders like Marshian's ultraviolet set will mess them up, so it's a challenge.

@protosynthetic May I kindly suggest Aeon Soul's Director's Lights and Camera? If I'd had this long ago, it would've saved me from back flips trying to get sufficient light on my characters without changing the mood of the entire scene's lighting. It's solved my lighting issues, mostly.

edited May 26

Recent buys: dForce SU Fashion Biker Outfit (top, right model), dForce SU Shirt Dress (right model), dForce SU Casual Style Outfit (jacket, left model), dForce Cute Kawaii Outfit (shirt, left model), dForce SPR Campus Suit (tie, autofit mangled it; so I fit to nothing, maneuvered it into place, zeroed cutoff opacity on other parts, scaled its neck bone). Thanks for this thread SapphireBlue and everyone who kept it alive with your cool renders!

!057!ELI-PAL16-65 (2).png
    2100 x 700 - 2M
    Post edited by xyer0 on
  • xyer0 said:

@protosynthetic May I kindly suggest Aeon Soul's Director's Lights and Camera? If I'd had this long ago, it would've saved me from back flips trying to get sufficient light on my characters without changing the mood of the entire scene's lighting. It's solved my lighting issues, mostly.

When I think Aeon Soul, I think clothes, like some of my favorite clothes. This is something that I've overlooked a thousand times, but now that you bring my attention to it...

protosynthetic said:

When I think Aeon Soul, I think clothes, like some of my favorite clothes. This is something that I've overlooked a thousand times, but now that you bring my attention to it...

Along with clothes, I also think of enviable promo renders. You won't be sorry, once you see the results and how easy they've made it.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,546
    edited May 26

I'm stuck in portrait mode for whatever reason. Maybe its render speed. This rendered in 24 seconds. Gives plenty of time for experimentation. 
    Te character is a mix, 50% P3D Mia HD for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D and Neanderthal 9 Female Shape Add-On | Daz 3D. Some post using NIK filters in Paint Shop Pro 21

mia-neand-1.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 2M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

protosynthetic said:

tsroemi said:

protosynthetic said:

Great perspective, thanks for posting this! I had this set on my wishlist, too, but I guess it must be rather big, filesize wise. Did you find it easy to work with, or is it unwieldy because it's such a big set

That's one of the nice things it has going for it. Even with the two G8.1 figures, the three robots, and the one Genesis three in there, I never reached the point of stuttering viewport. It loads and and out fast, even if the file size is almost a full gig. The pivot point is in true center, so it behaves when you Y rotate.

It is splittable by level, so you can delete a couple levels and make it a stubbier structure or repeate a couple to make it really deep.

Thank you for all the info! Wishlisting it for sure. 

• ElorElor Posts: 816

Three new products, three renders blush:

https://www.daz3d.com/follyview

https://www.daz3d.com/Umbrelli-Girls-Poses-and-Props-for-Genesis-3-and-8-Females

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatterpro

(well, four new products because Michael's pose came from Merlin 8.1 Pro Bundle, that magically appeared in my Lightning Deals at the right moment and price this month, but I don't have a fourth render to share cheeky). All products, paid and free, should be listed on each gallery page, with a small story when I had one to write.

It all started with a "no", well techically, with a portrait while someone was saying "noooooo" out of the frame (and more truthfully, with me playing with wind nodes then looking for a dress that would drap well on the stairs, then finding what can be called as THE pose, by @Fabiana, and voila), but let's start with the "no", after all, as someone famously said in France: Win the “yes” needs the “no” to win against the “no”. Indeed ?!?

He said no ?!?:

Happily Ever After:

The windy portrait:

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,199
    edited June 2

It's a while since I posted anything here, but after a hiatus I finally installed everthing I bought in the April sales, so here's one image.

Queen Red

All bought last month: Red for G9, MRL Regal Accessories for G9, Theory of Light 2 (Energy Flow)

Red-PamelaHair-Regal.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 609K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

MelanieL said:

It's a while since I posted anything here, but after a hiatus I finally installed everthing I bought in the April sales, so here's one image.

Queen Red

All bought last month: Red for G9, MRL Regal Accessories for G9, Theory of Light 2 (Energy Flow)

Cool render, I didn't even imagine the tiara could look good without a puffy hair. But it really is very regal here! 

tsroemi said:

MelanieL said:

Queen Red

Cool render, I didn't even imagine the tiara could look good without a puffy hair. But it really is very regal here! 

Thank you! The hair is dForce Pamela Hair for Gen9 - so it's a little bit puffy (I didn't run a simulation which maybe flattens it more)

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,189
    edited June 3
    GrumpyUncleLarry.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,415
    edited June 4

Well, this is a case where I bought Alphabet and Number Props on a moderate discount (no discount on it specifically, but I had an order that was already using 8 tokens and a 10% coupon) the other day because I thought "I need this quickly for the Pride Month idea I have, and I don't know when it'll next be on a better sale..."

... it is, of course, in Daz+ for a Day today.

Gallery Link (with fuller product listing, and should now actually work...)

Oh well, I did at least actually use it when I bought it.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Matt_Castle said:

Well, this is a case where I bought Alphabet and Number Props on a moderate discount (no discount on it specifically, but I had an order that was already using 8 tokens and a 10% coupon) the other day because I thought "I need this quickly for the Pride Month idea I have, and I don't know when it'll next be on a better sale..."

... it is, of course, in Daz+ for a Day today.

Gallery Link (with fuller product listing, and should now actually work...)

Oh well, I did at least actually use it when I bought it.

Sorry for the unfortunate coincidence for you, have had that happen to me as well - but I really like the render, idea and execution both!

edited June 8

Okay, so here's my first render with new stuff from the current (DAZ+ summer) sale - with a rabbit of course! Though obviously he's not the sole focus of the image. I had this render lying around half-composed for some time, undecided for what the pretty boy should actually hold. And then the rabbits came, and there was no question anymore ... ;-)

I think I will try another version where the rabbit gets some more spotlight. But for now here they are, am leaving the product links in the gallery as usual. Lovely day/night, everyone!

In Fine Feather.png
    1618 x 999 - 2M
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,189
    edited June 9
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,546

this is a scene using the new Ultrascenery 2 release. https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery2-realistic-landscape-system

the deer-1.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
  • MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31
    edited June 12

Julie Male G9. Rendered in black and white.

Male Jolie Portrait B and W signed.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 619K
    Post edited by Moogee on
    edited June 15
    Poetria.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 521K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 475
    edited 6:37AM

Just finished adding a zillion lights to VanishingPoint's RMS Titanic. I'm pretty pleased with this model, although I do wish that there was a way to add interior lights below B Deck.

The ocean is from another June pickup, Predatron's excellent Along the Prom.

Titanic at night

Titanic Lit Up.png
    1308 x 1000 - 851K
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian at