Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Here is a project I am working on a WIP you might say! Any and all comments and advice welcome.

A few thoughts/suggestions:) The water first: If that's the DS default shader, remove the diffusemap, set diffuse color to a dark aqua/dark blue, set diffuse strength to 15% or less. Set the lighting model to glossy plastic. Max specular strength with a white color. Set glossiness to 85% or more. Set opacity to 50% as a start. Turn "multiply specular through opacity" off. Set reflection color to pure white, make sure there's no map inserted. Set reflection strength to 100%. Set refraction strength to 100%. Index of refraction to 1.3. Control the color of the water with refraction color, start with a light aqua or greenish tint and experiment. Maybe add a yellow spotlight to cast light out of the door opening onto the whales and the water. You might get some nice reflections/highlights on the water and the skins if done properly? Make sure the skins have some specular strength dialed in. Maybe use the skin lighting model with a glossiness of 75%? Maybe add some subtle skylight with soft shadows? If needed, add some spots aimed at the whales with only specular light. If you don't get enough reflections on the water, clic on the cogwheel for reflection strenght and remove limits, turn reflection strength to 300% or even more if needed;)

Or just do it your way, I'm sure it will be nicesmiley

Thank you so much for the advice I am going to work on that tonight!

edited July 2019

Ok Sven Dullah  here is what I came up with for the water, could not find the defuse map thingy you mentioned

Maybe if you showed where it was (If you have the Fantsy Loading Dock) I could find it easier but when I looked through the surface tab at the water plane I could not find it there.

Not working on the lighting yet, trying to get the water sorted out first.

A Test of The Waters.png
    1500 x 927 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Ok Sven Dullah  here is what I came up with for the water, could not find the defuse map thingy you mentioned

Maybe if you showed where it was (If you have the Fantsy Loading Dock) I could find it easier but when I looked through the surface tab at the water plane I could not find it there.

Not working on the lighting yet, trying to get the water sorted out first.

Sorry, don't have it but checked the product page. Do you use the 3DL- or the IRay version? It's possible that the water doesn't use a diffuse map, usually older 3DL/poser products do, but this is newer...so.  If you select the water and go to the surface tab, what is the name of the shader? Look in the upper left corner of the tab.

I use the 3Delight version and the shader name is Daz Studio Metal Sven Dullah

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I use the 3Delight version and the shader name is Daz Studio Metal Sven Dullah

Oh, don't know about that shader...hm maybe it's a custom shader then? Well, set up your lighting and see what it looks like:) Maybe some of my settings will apply to that one too, or convert it to DS default. Or, if you run into trouble, post a screenshot of the surfacetab;) It just looked a bit odd in your first render, no transparency or reflections.

edited July 2019

I got the Daz Dragon 3 yesterday and finally got a chance tonight to use it!

Titled : Drangon Family

Dragon Family.png
    1500 x 1875 - 6M
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

Very cute!

Now you have to find a way to give them a bit of individuality!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424

Aww, I love your dragon family!

• not bad at all. but they really look too cute for Dragons. make 'em more dangerous looking.

Hylas said:

Very cute!

Now you have to find a way to give them a bit of individuality!

I quite agree with you @Hylas but I only got the base figure not the bundle so I am going to have to spend some time doing up some new textures for it!

Aww, I love your dragon family!

Awwww thanks so much @Faeofthe3rdDimension that means so much to me wink

not bad at all. but they really look too cute for Dragons. make 'em more dangerous looking.

I am going ot have to work on making them look more dangerous!!

edited July 2019

I just did some postwork on the Dragon Family!

Dragon Family.jpg
    1468 x 1604 - 3M
    edited July 2019
    Athina Doesn't Know.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 3M
    edited July 2019

Was trying out the new to me Raysee Doll that was in with the bi-weekly freebies @ the Daz Store.

Dolly Girl.png
    1500 x 1950 - 5M
    Close Up For Dolly Girl.png
    1500 x 1950 - 5M
    edited July 2019

I then decided to dress her down a little and add some fun flowers to the render with her..

Dolly Girl Sees The Flowers.png
    1500 x 1950 - 5M
    edited July 2019

Trying out my new charger horse!

A Love For Arney.png
    1500 x 1950 - 5M
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Hey, these are cool! I got Raysee Doll too, for when I go on a V4 kick. She has good taste in fashion. laugh What horse is that?

edited July 2019
    TigerAnne said:

Hey, these are cool! I got Raysee Doll too, for when I go on a V4 kick. She has good taste in fashion. laugh What horse is that?

@TigerAnne It is the charger Horse.

My hubby let me get a gift card that I turned into store credit for my PC+ membership and I had a bit of store credit left from it, so I went and got a few things I have been wanting for a while now and the charger horse was one of them.

I still have yet to use The Sorceress on V4.2!

Maybe tomorrow when I get a free moment as I have to get caught up on my housework!

edited July 2019

Here is another render of the  Raysee Doll 

I really like this one because it shows a more softer version of Raysee!!

Cassie Curls.png
    741 x 1200 - 1M
  • Here is another render of the  Raysee Doll 

this one looks really nice!

this one looks really nice!

Thank you @SpaceVagabond for the nice comment.

edited July 2019

Render done in fun!

Done in 3Delight no postwork

Anglia The Snake Charmer.png
    800 x 1000 - 2M
    edited July 2019

Another Raysee Doll render

Raysee Doll Lost and Alone.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

I liker her face on that last one... did you change her face morph or is it just the expression?

It is just an expression from V4.2 Pro Bundle

Hylas said:

I liker her face on that last one... did you change her face morph or is it just the expression?

edited July 2019

Here is one I just did for the PC+ Insperational Contest

Greedy People.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Ooops, that one almost shows nipple. blush The mods may not like. But the picture looks great! yes She's a really fun character.

TigerAnne said:

Ooops, that one almost shows nipple. blush The mods may not like. But the picture looks great! yes She's a really fun character.

Honestly I think I found my new Muse!! 

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Great portrait, but it "forced" me to get Raysee Doll - even though I seldom use V4 anymore.