Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Here is another night lighting test render 1 without fog and 1 with fog, I think I finally got it right this time (The night lighting that is)

Did the first one Portrait style and the second in wide screen.

Lights I used AoA Ambient and Distant.

Nice:) The fog works very wellyes

Thanks so much for the nice comment Sven!

It means a lot to me!

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I love the spooky atmosphere going on here! Is your character a monster hunter?

Yes she is out hunting for Orcs as a matter of fact!devil

TigerAnne said:

I love the spooky atmosphere going on here! Is your character a monster hunter?

• Here is another night lighting test render 1 without fog and 1 with fog, I think I finally got it right this time (The night lighting that is)

I used the GF8 character (Madeline) I just got about a week ago.

This Fog looks much better than your previous one - good work  yesyesyes

Here is another night lighting test render 1 without fog and 1 with fog, I think I finally got it right this time (The night lighting that is)

I used the GF8 character (Madeline) I just got about a week ago.

This Fog looks much better than your previous one - good work  yesyesyes

Thanks for the nice comment @SpaceVagabond!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice work on the fogg ther. It adds to the atmosphere of the image :)

mori_mann said:

Nice work on the fogg ther. It adds to the atmosphere of the image :)

Thanks for the nice comment Mori-Mann!

edited June 2019
    An Ending To An Era.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited June 2019

Tryed my hand at SSS skin and this is that result I sure do not like it!

I am rerendering it now with the default skin and full body to compare the 2.

Thelma.jpg
    1500 x 2750 - 4M
    edited June 2019

Here is the rerender to show comparison of the 2.

Edit to add: This is Vicky 4,2 character Janessa then I added aging morphs to make her look older.

I also retextured her outfit and cane to suit medevil

Thelma Muse.png
    1500 x 1875 - 6M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2019

Have to say that looks rather...umh...disturbing=)

To me they look like Poser SSS mats, which won't auto-convert nicely to 3DL, but I might be wrong;)

I mean, for one thing, look at the highlights on the skin, poser mats usually convert that way, they get the DS default shader with glossiness at 100&, too small bump min- and max-values and possibly ambient strength at 100% with a gray (or even worse) or red tinted ambient color. Also the diffuse color is usually tinted green;) All this makes for a very bad looking skin when rendered with 3DL.

If you want to use SSS, the proper way would be to apply the default poser mat, then convert the skin to either AoA SS or UberSurface. Or you could apply a DS skin at first which uses SSS, then just browse to the poser runtime textures folder and load the diffuse- specular- bump- and possibly displacement maps for Janessa, and use that as a startingpoint.

A tip for using the DS default shader on skin: Set glossiness to around 65%, set lighting model to skin, kill all the ambience strength, unless you want it to look like it glows. When you use the skin lighting model you get two more channels to play with, sheen and scattering, which is a fast rendering SS algoritm. In the sheen channel you can insert the corresponding specular map and in the scatter channel you can use the same map or even the diffuse map. When done right, you can get very nice results that is almost like using UberSurface or the AoA SS, but renders so much faster;)

PS, when applying poser mats inside DS, 9 times out of 10 the specular maps won't load even if they are in the same folder, you need to load them manually.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Have to say that looks rather...umh...disturbing=)

To me they look like Poser SSS mats, which won't auto-convert nicely to 3DL, but I might be wrong;)

I mean, for one thing, look at the highlights on the skin, poser mats usually convert that way, they get the DS default shader with glossiness at 100&, too small bump min- and max-values and possibly ambient strength at 100% with a gray (or even worse) or red tinted ambient color. Also the diffuse color is usually tinted green;) All this makes for a very bad looking skin when rendered with 3DL.

If you want to use SSS, the proper way would be to apply the default poser mat, then convert the skin to either AoA SS or UberSurface. Or you could apply a DS skin at first which uses SSS, then just browse to the poser runtime textures folder and load the diffuse- specular- bump- and possibly displacement maps for Janessa, and use that as a startingpoint.

A tip for using the DS default shader on skin: Set glossiness to around 65%, set lighting model to skin, kill all the ambience strength, unless you want it to look like it glows. When you use the skin lighting model you get two more channels to play with, sheen and scattering, which is a fast rendering SS algoritm. In the sheen channel you can insert the corresponding specular map and in the scatter channel you can use the same map or even the diffuse map. When done right, you can get very nice results that is almost like using UberSurface or the AoA SS, but renders so much faster;)

PS, when applying poser mats inside DS, 9 times out of 10 the specular maps won't load even if they are in the same folder, you need to load them manually.

Thank you so much Sven for this tutorial/advice I am going to work on this tonight and will post my findings tomorrow.

edited June 2019

I decided to just bring the "Beach Party Girls" into GIMP and do some postwork on it

I know it doesn't exactly match the background but it is the best I could do with it.

Beach Party Girls.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 2M

...holy cow! indecision I like your wintery beach party, though. Just pretend that there's a large, seemless glass wall surrounding them, and they're warm and snug, having a party to liven up the winter drearyness.

edited June 2019

Made this for the other ROTM at PDF lives

Angelia Sings to the Forest.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 3M
    edited June 2019

Using some new to me clothes for Vicky 4.2

Dancing In The Garden.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 3M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Working on my Ambient glowing!

I think it turned out real good

Love this!

You've been busy!  I'ts so much fun to see how much you are improving!  Your hard work is paying off!

Working on my Ambient glowing!

I think it turned out real good

Love this!

You've been busy!  I'ts so much fun to see how much you are improving!  Your hard work is paying off!

Thanks so much for the kind words @IceDragonArt, it means so much to me.

edited June 2019

Here is one I did up just for the fun of it.

Done in 3Delight no postwork.

A Summertime Dance.png
    1500 x 1200 - 4M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798

Hey, you've been rather busy rendering, lots of fun images. I really like the new clothes for Vicky and the glowing Anubis!

edited June 2019
    Linwelly said:

Hey, you've been rather busy rendering, lots of fun images. I really like the new clothes for Vicky and the glowing Anubis!

Thank you so much @Linwelly for those nice comments.

edited July 2019

This is a WIP I have been working on for a few days now trying to figure out how to get a good shadow on it when the shadow i already set up through AoA!

!A Troll Dance.png
    1483 x 1854 - 6M
    edited July 2019

Used: Ranch Campfire Scene

Genesis Basic Female Randomizer

Western Outlaw for Genesis 2 Male(s)

Millennium Horse

Lee 6

Rendered in 3Delight Postworked in GIMP

Titled: Campfire Gathering

Campfire Gathering.jpg
    1483 x 1112 - 1M
    edited July 2019

Titled: Boots Are Made For Walking

Boots Are Made For Walking.jpg
    1486 x 1115 - 506K
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Not logged in often, but I do view your art thread wink You have been quite busy, creating lot's of fun, fantastic images.  Really like this one, CU soon friend smiley

AJ2112 said:

Not logged in often, but I do view your art thread wink You have been quite busy, creating lot's of fun, fantastic images.  Really like this one, CU soon friend smiley

Thank you so much my friend for the very nice comments!

edited July 2019

Here is the poster and banner for this month's Contest

Pool Party.jpg
    800 x 640 - 450K
    Pool Party Banner.jpg
    400 x 200 - 135K
    edited July 2019

Here is a project I am working on a WIP you might say! Any and all comments and advice welcome.

Killer Whale Family.png
    1500 x 927 - 1M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Here is a project I am working on a WIP you might say! Any and all comments and advice welcome.

A few thoughts/suggestions:) The water first: If that's the DS default shader, remove the diffusemap, set diffuse color to a dark aqua/dark blue, set diffuse strength to 15% or less. Set the lighting model to glossy plastic. Max specular strength with a white color. Set glossiness to 85% or more. Set opacity to 50% as a start. Turn "multiply specular through opacity" off. Set reflection color to pure white, make sure there's no map inserted. Set reflection strength to 100%. Set refraction strength to 100%. Index of refraction to 1.3. Control the color of the water with refraction color, start with a light aqua or greenish tint and experiment. Maybe add a yellow spotlight to cast light out of the door opening onto the whales and the water. You might get some nice reflections/highlights on the water and the skins if done properly? Make sure the skins have some specular strength dialed in. Maybe use the skin lighting model with a glossiness of 75%? Maybe add some subtle skylight with soft shadows? If needed, add some spots aimed at the whales with only specular light. If you don't get enough reflections on the water, clic on the cogwheel for reflection strenght and remove limits, turn reflection strength to 300% or even more if needed;)

Or just do it your way, I'm sure it will be nicesmiley

Titled: Campfire Gathering

Awww. heart I need to do something with the Milennium Horse.