edited April 2018

Rendered in 3Delight no postwork.

Was playing with some outfits I got today from the Daz Freebies

Titled: Amy The Outsider

Amy The Outsider.png
    1500 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You have some really fun renders here.  I don't know which one I like best as they all have their own character.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Nice one Saph!!! Lighting's really good! Aaah those ladies=) Wouldn't want to step on their toeslaugh

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I agree the lighting is lovely.  I just want to slap the girl in the red dress myself though lol.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    themidget said:

You have some really fun renders here.  I don't know which one I like best as they all have their own character.

Thanks so much @themidget I try to do my renders with a sence of haha.

Nice one Saph!!! Lighting's really good! Aaah those ladies=) Wouldn't want to step on their toeslaugh

Thanks @Sven Dullah I finally got the lighting just the way I wanted it using UE2 and a distant light plus a few spot lights.

I agree the lighting is lovely.  I just want to slap the girl in the red dress myself though lol.

Thanks so much @IceDragonArt I wanted to as well while I was making this render giggles!!!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

That's a very nice one. Fun subject and great lighting. (I always love playing with UE, 1 distant and some spots, so I may be a tad biased there ;) )

There is a trick to keep hair from sticking to the outline of (elf) ears, by the way. I forgot where I picked it u, but it's easy enough to remember. Let me know if you want to know :)

I would love to know @mori_mann how I could get the ears to stick out of the hair instead of the hair following the ears!!

I would love to know @mori_mann how I could get the ears to stick out of the hair instead of the hair following the ears!!

What I do..

- Right click the parameters tab to check 'show hidden properties' on.
    - Select the hair
    - Go to the Parameters tab and type 'ear' in the search bar. This should bring up all the morps with 'ear' in the name. The ones in cursive are normally hidden, but you probably knew that ;) Those tend to be the ones causing the odd hair issue.
    - Set all morphs with 'elf' in them to 0% (some may hide as the character name)
    - Tadaaa, ears poking through the hair like they should :)

If this doesn't help, I can make screens, but this should get you a long way :)

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@mori_mann - Thanks for the awesome tip!

@Saphirewild - I really like this last image. I can't add much to what's been said, but I agree with the others on the lighting especially. I wish I had more to offer, but 3DL is my bane. sad

mori_mann said:

What I do..

- Right click the parameters tab to check 'show hidden properties' on.
    - Select the hair
    - Go to the Parameters tab and type 'ear' in the search bar. This should bring up all the morps with 'ear' in the name. The ones in cursive are normally hidden, but you probably knew that ;) Those tend to be the ones causing the odd hair issue.
    - Set all morphs with 'elf' in them to 0% (some may hide as the character name)
    - Tadaaa, ears poking through the hair like they should :)

If this doesn't help, I can make screens, but this should get you a long way :)

Thanks for this great tip @mori_mann I am going to fix the ears and rerender it.

Wanderer said:

@mori_mann - Thanks for the awesome tip!

@Saphirewild - I really like this last image. I can't add much to what's been said, but I agree with the others on the lighting especially. I wish I had more to offer, but 3DL is my bane. sad

I started out using 3DL I find it is easier for me but lighting has always been a troublesome thing for me as well.

Glad I could help :)

edited April 2018

Here is my attempts at Mophing V4 using Katie's Skin 

Titled: Cutie Katie

Cutie Katie.png
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Here is another render of Katie fixing a bit of the lighting (I added a spotlight and set it to 30%)

And Katie in some Brianna clothing 

Katie Cutie.png
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
    Katie Cutie 2.png
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Here is me playing with some pillows and of course messing around with the lighting and did some of my own posing.

Rendered in 3Delight and no postwork.

Titled: Loving Linda

Loving Linda.png
    1500 x 1500 - 3M

Your Katie is indeed a cutie!

Love your pose on th last one, it looks quite natural!

Your Katie is indeed a cutie!

Love your pose on th last one, it looks quite natural!

Thank you so much Sonja 

I have been practicing my posing and getting used to redoing skins, I am thinking of making some fantasy skins for some of my newest characters I have been working on for the past few weeks. 

I will post them as they get done.

@IceDragonArt I have also been working on modeling and will be posting my first house soonish.

edited April 2018

Well been playing around with GF8 and Z's poses he offered at Christmas plus @Darwinsmishap Gigi which very fun to play around with loads of great options with her.

This is what I ended up with:

Titled: A Snowman's Fun In The Snow With Gigi and Tinkerbelle

A Snowmans Fun In The Snow With Gigi and Tinkerbell .png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Well been playing around with GF8 and Z's poses he offered at Christmas plus @Darwinsmishap Gigi which very fun to play around with loads of great options with her.

Sweet!

As a guy living in a snowman's paradise, I'm happy to announce that winter's neck is finally broken over herewink

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Sweet!

As a guy living in a snowman's paradise, I'm happy to announce that winter's neck is finally broken over herewink

Likewise!  Though I wonder if Dalarna has reached spring yet?  My wife's parents live there and they were still skiing at Easter.  Anyway, Saphirewild, That is a lovely render.  We had plenty of snow this year but somehow I didn't get around to making a snowman.  This reminded me I must do it next year.  Nice work!

Sweet!

You live in a snowman's paradise? 

Yay n stuff that spring has finally popped out of the winter!!!

themidget said:

Sweet!

Likewise!  Though I wonder if Dalarna has reached spring yet?  My wife's parents live there and they were still skiing at Easter.  Anyway, Saphirewild, That is a lovely render.  We had plenty of snow this year but somehow I didn't get around to making a snowman.  This reminded me I must do it next year.  Nice work!

I wish I could go sking!!! Thanks so much @themidget !!!

We did not have that much snow this year here in New Brunswick, Canada.

edited May 2018

Here is the Triangel render for the render of the month challenge!!

Titled: Carol Gets Flirty

Sweet render of the snowman!  Once again, your posing is spot on for Gigi.  She is very well grounded as well. Tinkerbell looks like she wants the snowman to pick her up lol.  so cute!

Looking forward to seeing your first modeling project!

Sweet render of the snowman!  Once again, your posing is spot on for Gigi.  She is very well grounded as well. Tinkerbell looks like she wants the snowman to pick her up lol.  so cute!

Looking forward to seeing your first modeling project!

Thanks so much for the incouraging words @IceDragonArt I have been working hard on getting everything just right with each render!!

edited May 2018

Here is yet another render that I was testing out more lighting, the Lantios Nighttime Pack this time around.

Titled: Begging For Love

Begging For Love.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    edited May 2018

The Poster and Banner for this months Freebie Contest.

Month Of The Dragons Poster.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Month Of The Dragons Banner.png
    400 x 200 - 116K

I am woring on a new project and should be done tomorrow some point, once it is complete I will post it.

edited May 2018

Well here it is finally took nearly all evening to get this render done!!

I did one without kids and one with kids then I took them both into GIMP and doctored them up and volia here they be!!

Titled: Backyard Party

Titled: Backyard Party With The Kids

Backyard Party.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    Backyard Party With The Kids.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    Backyard Party With The Kids.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    Backyard Party.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I know I'm a bit slow on this, but I think this image is really nice. Also, looking forward to seeing the modeling you've been working on. Plus, I like the bigger backyard scene--a lot of details in that one. 

Backyard party looks like a lot of fun!

(Do check the pink shoed lady's position, she seems to be floating a little. Unless those are hover shoes, then I didn't say anything :))

Wanderer said:

I know I'm a bit slow on this, but I think this image is really nice. Also, looking forward to seeing the modeling you've been working on. Plus, I like the bigger backyard scene--a lot of details in that one. 

Thanks @Wanderer I worked hard on that image and it is done in IRay to boot which is amazing in it self because I usually like to only render in 3Delight.

As for my modeling it is taking a little while longer to get what I want done, done!

I am new to modeling so it is taking me a bit to get the hang of it sort to speak.

mori_mann said:

Backyard party looks like a lot of fun!

(Do check the pink shoed lady's position, she seems to be floating a little. Unless those are hover shoes, then I didn't say anything :))

You know @mori_mann I didn't even notice her hovering like that, I have to fix that (OCD here) once fixed I am going to have to go back and rerender that out again.