Converting to G1, G2, G3, G8 & G9

1235»

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Understood.  G2 add-on to get things in, and G3 add-on to get things out.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    GiGi_7 said:
    Aeternali said:

This is the best thread I have ever seen in these forums.  Thanks for GiGi_7 putting all of this together.

Thanks!!

Noah LGP said:

Victoria 3 UV map is similar to Michael 3, Hiro 3, David 3 and Freak 3 (note: Freak navel is above the G3F figure navel).
    Then Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Special Edition - Victoria 3 can handle them.

G3F Male morph with Michael 3 maps

Wow! i didn't know it. Pretty good news. I wil add it in the google.sites pages

I own 2 Legacy UV converters by CaymanStudios from rendo (if it's ok to say that here)

Genesis 2 Female skins converted to Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-g2f/113284/
    V4 skins converted to G3F
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

Sorry if these have already been posted. Try to recap all the info.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited February 2020

Working in the *.pdf...again.

DZZ.jpg.png
    433 x 685 - 359K
    DZZ2.png
    926 x 525 - 399K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Bat22Bat22 Posts: 45
    edited March 2020

I have a habit of mixing up Gen 6 figures, like 50% Vic 6 and 16.66% Steph 6, Gia 6, and Lilith 6. Can / How do I use GEN X2 to also mix Gen 6 with Gen 7 figures like Ophelia 7 and Arabella 7?

Post edited by Bat22 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

If you have GenX'ed each of your Gen 6 figures and each of your Gen 7 figures, then you should be able to dial in a percentage of one and a percentage of another irrespective of their original generation.

• Bat22 said:

I have a habit of mixing up Gen 6 figures, like 50% Vic 6 and 16.66% Steph 6, Gia 6, and Lilith 6. Can / How do I use GEN X2 to also mix Gen 6 with Gen 7 figures like Ophelia 7 and Arabella 7?

Buy GenX2 + addOn G2 + addOn G3 (links in the attached file), tranfer Gen 6 characters to Genesis 3 following user's guide http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/18321/genx2.pdf, then you get steph6, gia6, etc in the genesis 3 shaping tab, aside your genesis 3 shapes in a tab called generation x or shomething like this.

pdf
    pdf
    -- CONVERSION 2020-02 pag 48.pdf
  • Bat22Bat22 Posts: 45
    GiGi_7 said:
    Bat22 said:

Buy GenX2 + addOn G2 + addOn G3 (links in the attached file), tranfer Gen 6 characters to Genesis 3 following user's guide http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/18321/genx2.pdf, then you get steph6, gia6, etc in the genesis 3 shaping tab, aside your genesis 3 shapes in a tab called generation x or shomething like this.

Thank you. I mean to use G3 shapes on G2 figures but the reverse should also work.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

There is soooo much information here that I think I am somehow "not seeing" what I am looking for.  I appreciate the thoroughness of this post, and it is obviously a labor of love coming from GiGi...

Anyway, A lot of the freebees that come up here and other sites were made for older models, and to cut to the chase, I have a pile of V3 & V4 CLOTHING assets that I would like to use on a G8F....

Is there a short path to get V3 clothing items to G8?  I have some of the converters that are listed, but I feel I am a bit confused by the nomenclature...

Thanks!

• Hi GiGi_7. Thanks for this thread, I saved the link with your amazing useful information.

Are you working to complete it with a short path for converting Mil 3 ¬ Mil 4 to Genesis 8?

• Casette said:

Hi GiGi_7. Thanks for this thread, I saved the link with your amazing useful information.

Are you working to complete it with a short path for converting Mil 3 ¬ Mil 4 to Genesis 8?

Yes. I'm working in more content to pdf and testing wakelet vs googlesite (This have content from another stores, so I can't set here) 

• It seems that the asteroid Etherium hit my posts. I will not repost the work done here, if it recovers, well. I will continue with wakelet or googlesite, including pdf.

edited May 2021
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Some plans for Genesis 9 ?

• Noah LGP said:

Some plans for Genesis 9 ?

Work in Proccess 

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 499

Love this thread. Thanks a lot. Working on a workflow for converting V4/M4 to G8 as well. Here I focus on texture maps, morphs, clothes and poses.

Another option for me is Texture Transformer Version 2 with the Add-On for G3. This tool converts all V4/M4 texture maps to G3F/M and their UVs. So, you get texture maps for the original G3 UVs and can mix it with other G3 maps.

It's a bit expensive, but I bought it in the past and got it for a good price.

• Where can one get Texture Transformer?  I remember looking for one of those cross-gen UV-map converter programs a few months back, only to find the one I saw recommended at the time wasn't available for purchase anymore.  0o

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2023

Texture Transformer is from Rendo but it's not a perfect conversion, the face texture is different from the original.

I've got a better result by using Legacy UV.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited August 2023

Searching for "Texture Transformer" over there just yields me a bunch of buildings and other random objects, no skin converter package.  What was the name of the merchant?

Anyway, I'm asking because I have a Genesis 1 character I've managed to convert to Genesis 3, but I want to convert his Genesis 1 skin over.  I'd mostly managed to kitbash an existing Genesis 3 skin into looking somewhat like his Genesis 1 skin, but certain elements of his face don't look the same, particularly the red of his face-cheeks, and that bugs the OCD part of me.  :D

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Searching for "Texture Transformer" over there just yields me a bunch of buildings and other random objects, no skin converter package.  What was the name of the merchant?

Anyway, I'm asking because I have a Genesis 1 character I've managed to convert to Genesis 3, but I want to convert his Genesis 1 skin over.  I'd mostly managed to kitbash an existing Genesis 3 skin into looking somewhat like his Genesis 1 skin, but certain elements of his face don't look the same, particularly the red of his face-cheeks, and that bugs the OCD part of me.  :D

If you search with Google, you should find it at Rendo. It is by Blacksmith3D
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Singular3D said:

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

If you search with Google, you should find it at Rendo. It is by Blacksmith3D

Blacksmith3D closed their store at Rendo

• Yeah, I remember now trying to find anouther place to buy the product... and all the links I could find at their site went to dead links and such.  :(

edited August 2023

So, seems I still see it, because I bought it at Rendo...

Post edited by Singular3D on
    edited October 2023

Testing

pdf
    pdf
    -- FIGURES GENESIS 9.pdf
    3M
    -- FIGURES GENESIS 9.gif
    853 x 480 - 3M
    Post edited by [email protected] on