Increasing number of polygons

whether it is possible to increase the number of polygons in the object?
I wanted to make some morph into ZBrush but the low number of polygons does not allow for making a good looking morph.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

Yes and no. no if you want to make a morph. Yes if you want to take the object and make a totally new item out of it.

My guess is for you thats a big no. The low poly meshes aren't really great for some morphs I agree. 

• calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215

. Yes if you want to take the object and make a totally new item out of it.

Thanks

So I can use an object with, daz to convert it into a new one with more polygons or create a similar object from scratch in ZBrush?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

What you can do...let's say you want to make a morph for Genesis 2...is to start out and do as much as you can with the base resolution.  Then to add more detail, subdivide it and add the details THEN bake out a normal map.  That combimed with the lower resolution morph should get you what you want.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    mjc1016 said:

What you can do...let's say you want to make a morph for Genesis 2...is to start out and do as much as you can with the base resolution.  Then to add more detail, subdivide it and add the details THEN bake out a normal map.  That combimed with the lower resolution morph should get you what you want.

This can work depending on the details needed. If they are fairly superficial this can work (veins for example). 

calaopie said:

. Yes if you want to take the object and make a totally new item out of it.

Thanks

So I can use an object with, daz to convert it into a new one with more polygons or create a similar object from scratch in ZBrush?

yes, just depends on what the end goal is. If you make a new object it won't have rigging anymore. If you just need something for a still render it may not matter.

• calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215
    mjc1016 said:

I know that but This is object with only basic resolution.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

For the morphs to work back in Daz Studio for the figures, you must export, work on and bring back to Studio, using Morph Loader Pro, at the same base resolution.  You can work in ZBrush 4R7 and see the morph with higher resolution by using Dynamic Subdivision.  This does not actually change the subdivision level of the model.  If you look at the morphs (not HD) done by many of the PAs in their packages, they were all done at base res and look just fine in Studio.  My morphs are sculpted in ZBrush and done this way.