Gurumarra, the Australian Aboriginal: released [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• AngluAnglu Posts: 42
    Trevor D said:

Just reading your comment Anglu, about having to drop the project. What I read in those words describes great integrity. You gotta feel good about that. I say good on you :) I guess this new character speaks volumes about being fortunate in having had that intimacy of culture shared with. I can see authenticity all over this character. Musta been something sacred going on... cos my render engines (all three of them) have been under attack big time. I think the character I purchased mighta had a bit of 'dreaming' download with the files. lol

Thank you for your kind words, Trevor. 

I still feel sad about having to drop that project, but If I want to create something based on a foreign culture, I want to do it right. And if I can't get the necessary information and ressources, I think it's better not to do it.

I don't want to take a carricature and sell it as a realistic portrait...

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

What a great character!  Fabulous work and details and great to see Aussie characters and props...these will certainly be jumping into my cart and I look forward to hopefully seeing a female and child...congratulations:)

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

The only post work on this was a faint dark border. Otherwise these are the skydome and  lights that came default with the Outback scene. Been waiting a long time to do 3d stockman art..

The Stockman_small.jpg
    1800 x 1273 - 2M

With a slightly modified Tropical Pond base and G2m morphs for the 'young' Gurumarra.

The Billabong_small.jpg
    1400 x 990 - 1M
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Trevor D, WOW!!!! I absolutely LOVE the dancer and the stockman!

Do you sell your art anywhere? 

Trevor D said:

For sure. I am already working on sketches of scene idea. Some contempory, some traditional. I like to paint social messages. So years of 2D art is going to be re-visited for sure thanks to you. I hope that your release gives you confidence to continue with characters. A femaly version for Gen3f and even child versions for Josie 7, etc, would be exceptional tools in my runtime. I am hope and wish for a great success for you with these new products. I would be unstoppable if I had just created what you have.

Just finished a graphics job today. So hopefully that invoice will be transferred ASAP. I want that character, Koala and landscape so bad. Will definately be doing some stockman scenes. That was a way of life as a boy. Bit different to my 'high-tech' lifestyle/world I am in today. Anyway's... back to the home page to drool'n'dream a bit longer. lol

Alessandro, I have my fingers crossed that this will sell well enough for you to consider doing female indigenous people - adult and child hopefully. 

I've got this guy in my wishlist (ONLY cos I haven't any spare cash right now, otherwise i would have snapped him up in a heartbeat - he's next on my BUY list) - I was stoked to see him and your Aussie props and koala set. 

I absolutely agree with you jakiblue about the "rest-of-the-mob" characters (The man needs kin!). I can really only portray men's business in a traditional sense. But it would be real cool to see what the other artists can do in capturing story-telling from a female perspective. Like-wise, I too ran out of money. But a guitar and graphic sale has kept me afloat. This last month has just seen some awesome products released. I hope you get Gurumarra soon. I also hope you get more time to use him than I am at the moment. I am still working off my 'out of control' buying spree :)

jakiblue said:

Alessandro, I have my fingers crossed that this will sell well enough for you to consider doing female indigenous people - adult and child hopefully. 

I've got this guy in my wishlist (ONLY cos I haven't any spare cash right now, otherwise i would have snapped him up in a heartbeat - he's next on my BUY list) - I was stoked to see him and your Aussie props and koala set. 

Ah, of course. Totally didn't think about that. :) But yeah, I'd love to see the women - I tend to use women a lot more in my art than I do men, so I'd be picking up Gurumarra the same time as a female that was released :)

My lil' sister was up at the Laura festival a while back and took some fabulous photographs which she posted on her blog, and when I saw them, all I wanted to do was try and recreate them in art LOL 

Trevor D said:

I absolutely agree with you jakiblue about the "rest-of-the-mob" characters (The man needs kin!). I can really only portray men's business in a traditional sense. But it would be real cool to see what the other artists can do in capturing story-telling from a female perspective. Like-wise, I too ran out of money. But a guitar and graphic sale has kept me afloat. This last month has just seen some awesome products released. I hope you get Gurumarra soon. I also hope you get more time to use him than I am at the moment. I am still working off my 'out of control' buying spree :)

jakiblue said:

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    edited October 2015

Good thing about it working in Carrara is being able to make up some extra props like a didgeridoo a bullroarer and woomera to name a few.. :-)

keep any future releases to G or G2 and I'll purchase them ;-)

Post edited by Chohole on

Man that is awesome Stezza! Those artifacts have come up a treat. Great job. I'm quite liking that landscape too just quietly. Those tones are very Albert Namantjira. :)

• jakiblue said:

I'll try if time allows :)

• Stezza said:

Good thing about it working in Carrara is being able to make up some extra props like a didgeridoo a bullroarer and woomera to name a few.. :-)

keep any future releases to G or G2 and I'll purchase them ;-)

I agree with Trevor's comment, it's a great looking scene, and lighting is spot on. Not to mention how you were able to modify the Gurumarra's shape and hair.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,823

Stezza - that's a great image! figure, props and setting

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

Thanks everyone for the compliments... it sure helps out to get the juices flowing when good products are available yes smiley

• This is one of the best characters I've seen for a while. Better than the skimpy clothed females. I would be happy to see some females and kids to make up a 'mob'.

• Yes as a person with an Australian Aboriginal girlfriend id love to see a female version of this pretty please with caramel topping and jimmies on top so I can do a 3D rendering of her and I. If you're wondering she's actually flying in tonight so she MAY be living with us but anywho definitely going get this and the female version if you make one. Please make one.