Gurumarra, the Australian Aboriginal: released [Commercial]

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited October 2015 in Daz PA Commercial Products

"Introducing Gurumarra, the Australian Aboriginal, a male character built on the Genesis 2 Male(s) platform. Body anatomy, face physiognomy and body paint schemes built on real life reference.
His custom Full Body Shape, Head morphs, Hair, Dreadlocks, Beard, Eyebrows, Clothes and all the Props and Poses provided will bring a complete set that is perfect for all of your renders.
Since Gurumarra the Australian Aboriginal was built on Daz 3D's revolutionary Genesis 2 Base Male, he can be combined with any other Genesis 2 Male character. Mix and match his features with your favorite Genesis 2 Male characters to create a character that is truly unique."

http://www.daz3d.com/gurumarra-the-australian-aboriginal

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Awesome product. I cannot wait to get this. It is in my cart already awaiting payday. I have been working late nights to create what has just been released. As an Australian indigenous artist, this product is a very proud moment for me. My runtime has so many other traditional props etc. But lacked the Australian stuff I have been craving. But, this page of new releases today has been very inspiring. This product being my personal must-have (amongst the other three gunna-haves).

Great jub on this. The attention to detail looks pretty darn good from the promo pics. Would like to share a couple of mats that I have done up a while ago. Hope you can use them ppl :)

Here's those textures.

Dots_Blue_01small.jpg
    1000 x 714 - 1M
    Dots_Warm_01small.jpg
    1000 x 714 - 1M
  • Hello Trevor, thanks for the kind words and the textures you provided. I'll see to make good use of them: BTW, if you make any image or composition with the aboriginal, I'll be very happy and grateful to see the results. This is my first human character so I'm quite curious to see how it will be accepted and used. Cheers

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited October 2015

Here is another image I did, that forgot to post, showing the aboriginals preparing for hunting at sunset:

Post edited by Chohole on

For sure. I am already working on sketches of scene idea. Some contempory, some traditional. I like to paint social messages. So years of 2D art is going to be re-visited for sure thanks to you. I hope that your release gives you confidence to continue with characters. A femaly version for Gen3f and even child versions for Josie 7, etc, would be exceptional tools in my runtime. I am hope and wish for a great success for you with these new products. I would be unstoppable if I had just created what you have.

Just finished a graphics job today. So hopefully that invoice will be transferred ASAP. I want that character, Koala and landscape so bad. Will definately be doing some stockman scenes. That was a way of life as a boy. Bit different to my 'high-tech' lifestyle/world I am in today. Anyway's... back to the home page to drool'n'dream a bit longer. lol

Coliding Cultures.jpg
    1000 x 651 - 484K
    Dancer.jpg
    1000 x 792 - 619K
    Stockman.jpg
    699 x 1000 - 499K
  • Do you have a portrait render? All the product shots are more distant.

That render is cool. Reminds me of my recent trip up to Laura dance festival. Your tree props are very central/western desert. Love the textures on the gum trees. Love the colours in the bark. They look like that all over the country. I am quietly hoping that they have the bits of peeling bark up close. Your job on the gunya (hut) looks great also.

Richard see this one, done in 3Delight.

gurumarra portrait.jpg
    845 x 912 - 340K

Richard see this one, done in 3Delight.

Thank you, that shows the detail nicely.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Looking good, went straight into my wishlist for later.

Any chance of a matching G2F character? (I don't do Genesis3, so I almost definitely wouldn't buy a G3F version.)

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Betweent his and the Koalas you got all of my budget last night as I grabbed everything you released then went animal crazy in your store. Nice work on all 3 releases.

• Looking good, went straight into my wishlist for later.

Any chance of a matching G2F character? (I don't do Genesis3, so I almost definitely wouldn't buy a G3F version.)

I'll consider it, but that'd call for making the babies too, and perhaps some hut set with more tools, clothes etc. Not sure if there is much request for all this (?)

• Vhardamis said:

Betweent his and the Koalas you got all of my budget last night as I grabbed everything you released then went animal crazy in your store. Nice work on all 3 releases.

Thank you very much!

• Female versions would be useful, yes.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

"This is my first human character so I'm quite curious to see how it will be accepted and used. "

- Very good for your first! Hope to see more from you in the future. 

• RGcincy said:

"This is my first human character so I'm quite curious to see how it will be accepted and used. "

- Very good for your first! Hope to see more from you in the future. 

Thanks a lot! :)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited October 2015

if you make any image or composition with the aboriginal, I'll be very happy and grateful to see the results. This is my first human character so I'm quite curious to see how it will be accepted and used. Cheers

While the quote was addressed to Trevor (huge props and much respect to his talent!), I thought I'd give it a shot blush  I think Gurumarra renders quite well yes  I'd get the G2F version in a heartbeat cool

Post edited by 3dLux on

Good job 3dLux. I am downloading the new character and prop sets as I am typing. Can't wait to start getting creative also. The hair props look so cool. I can't get over the way indigenous features have been beautifully captured and recreated. I guess I am really looking forward to exploring how this character can be used. Gonna be a long night... :)

Looking forward to what you come up with, Trevor yes

• Me too Trevor! And nice render by 3dLux, thanks for posting it!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Would someone who has this already please post a portrait of the face with some brighter lights and less shadow  so I can see the features better?  thanks if you can :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811
    edited October 2015

The only thing missing is a didgeridoo... thank goodness for Carrara yes

Post edited by Chohole on
    Stezza said:

The only thing missing is a didgeridoo... thank goodness for Carrara yes

Before I clicked on this to see the larger version I thought this was a photograph! surprise

Me too Trevor! And nice render by 3dLux, thanks for posting it!

You're very welcome, AM and huge props for the themed products! Snapped them up and added the 'Roo and Joey ;). They bring much needed diversity to my Runtime :)

• AngluAnglu Posts: 42

This character looks so great! 

I really hope you'll create a female one, too ;-) And yes, kids ^^

I wanted to create such characters for V4 and M4 years ago, but I know too little about thiese cultures to make them authentic, so I dropped that..

Awesome job on that image Stezza!. Luv the didge! Have had two days of nothing rendering properly. But finally I got it done. Thanks for the great characters and props ppl.

(Credits: Gurumarra, the Australian Aboriginal by  Alessandro_AM LMX3D, Australian Outback (skydome/lights) by Alessandro_AM LMX3D, Crocodilia 2: Gharial and Crocodile by Alessandro_AM,Nature - Lake by Andrey Pestryakov)

I don't think so...!.jpg
    1414 x 1000 - 976K

Just reading your comment Anglu, about having to drop the project. What I read in those words describes great integrity. You gotta feel good about that. I say good on you :) I guess this new character speaks volumes about being fortunate in having had that intimacy of culture shared with. I can see authenticity all over this character. Musta been something sacred going on... cos my render engines (all three of them) have been under attack big time. I think the character I purchased mighta had a bit of 'dreaming' download with the files. lol

• Great renders Stezza and Trevor, thanks a lot for posting them! It's a real pleasure for me to sit back here and see what pieces of art you guys are capable of building!

Kharma said:

Would someone who has this already please post a portrait of the face with some brighter lights and less shadow  so I can see the features better?  thanks if you can :)

Hope this is helpful Kharma.

Gurumarra.jpg
    1414 x 1000 - 687K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Trevor D said:
    Kharma said:

Hope this is helpful Kharma.

Thanks Trevor that does help :)