Daz3d art question.

So is Daz3d ONLY about making still photos for the most part?   The reason why I ask is because I want to make movies with it.  I want to have different characters all in the same movie with different camera angles, different scenes with either voice or speech bubbles.  Is this possible?   If so where might I find these instructions?   

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2015

its possible. but there are better animation tools out there. It will depend on your standards and all that however. Certainly possible. I would suggest getting Animate 2, Keymate and maybe graphmate to help if you want to animate in studio.

Some people like to take Daz figures into Iclone.

You will have to do some huting and pecking for info, as it depends on what tools you want to use to get the job done. There are several ways to animate and render with Daz Studio. One size does not fit all.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Some of it is possible in DAZ Studio, but for things like speech bubbles or sound, you would need a third application like Sony Movie Studio Suite.

http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials/

check out the tutorial list number 8, it has a very basic animation tutorial which you can use as a starting point. Don't worry about it being for 4.5, the function is still exactly the same in 4.8 

what i do is, i render image series and put them together in Movie Studio. If you want to animate characters, you can either pose everything yourself, or use pre-made animation files that you can buy, or get as a freebie. If you use pre-made files, make sure they are for the right character. Using M4 anination walk files will look very funny on G2M, because their rigging is different.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Be aware that rendering an animation is essentially rendering multiple still images dozens, hundreds or thousands of times depending on the length of the animation. If you want to produce a high quality animation and each high quality frame takes say half an hour to render each, you can see that that even a short animation is extremely time consuming.