New Update on Blue Collar Neighborhood [COMMERCIAL]!

It is starting to come together.  Today I finalized the neighborhood layout and built a previsualization model of the entire set.  Streets, lawns, a park, and the proxies for 432 houses and about eleventy-thousand trees.  Getting closer to being a reality.

The rest of the update and several more renders are up on the Collective3d Facebook page.

Previz WIP03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 733K

Comments

• Wow! That is huge.  Good luck.  Looking forward to seeing the final product!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Damn, that is going to need a few resources. :) Looks great though.

• That previz alone is 370,000 polygons, so most users won't be able to load more than a couple blocks at a time of the finished product, but the preloads will allow you to turn on and off whatever blocks are in front of your camera.  Planning to do some work on the first Ranch house today.

• It is starting to come together.  Today I finalized the neighborhood layout and built a previsualization model of the entire set.  Streets, lawns, a park, and the proxies for 432 houses and about eleventy-thousand trees.  Getting closer to being a reality.

The rest of the update and several more renders are up on the Collective3d Facebook page.

It is starting to come together.  Today I finalized the neighborhood layout and built a previsualization model of the entire set.  Streets, lawns, a park, and the proxies for 432 houses and about eleventy-thousand trees.  Getting closer to being a reality.

I'm interested in this but I'm done with facebook so no chance of me using it to check this out. You may or you may not want to consider another place on the internet to promote this.

• It is starting to come together.  Today I finalized the neighborhood layout and built a previsualization model of the entire set.  Streets, lawns, a park, and the proxies for 432 houses and about eleventy-thousand trees.  Getting closer to being a reality.

I'm interested in this but I'm done with facebook so no chance of me using it to check this out. You may or you may not want to consider another place on the internet to promote this.

There are 2 billion people in the world with internet access, and 1.5 billion of them use Facebook.  You don't have to have an account to read posts, only to reply and like, etc.  I think I'll take those odds :)

• This reminds me of a set by Dreamland models over at Renderosity. I get lots of use out of it but it has purely poser materials so some stuff I can't use. Will your previous houses and stuff be useable with this somehow? Will there be some kind of placement helper so if I load a house in I click on something and it positions it on a lot?

• I am planning for the sets to have Iray materials and DSON files for Poser import.  Any set that has more than one house (I am still settling on how to package everything) will have preloads that snap them together.

• The Ranch is coming along.  Hope to have this one finished in the next couple days.  There will be 5 total variations on the exterior-only ranch, and one with a full interior.  From there, both the Bungalow and the Ranch will be getting versions with exterior siding in place of the brick.  I'm updating the production blog on the Collective3d Facebook page on a more regular basis throughout the day, for those who are interested in the development process of what ends up in the Daz store!

WIP03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 776K
  • Starting to come along.  Should be finished shortly.

WIP13.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 992K