Rendering problem - backround color

kgatzkgatz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I deal with this problem.

everytime i render a picture, it ends up with a white backround, even if i use a black backround. moreover this is happening to my floor, where i am using a grass product. while i am rendering, it all looks ok (at the pop up rendering window - all black). When i go to open the photo the backround and the spaces through the grass is white. Is there a solution?

i have tried to change all parametres in Surfaces (Color) Tab.

thank you in advance

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What format are you saving you render in?

If you are using grass or a background image with transparency, and you save it as a JPEG, the transparent part will appear to be white. You need to save it in PNG or TIFF format to preserve the transparency channel.

Can you post an image of what is happening?

• kgatzkgatz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks for your reply.

i save images as png.

this is what i get. I also noticed that it hadn't saved a background picture i inserted. Behind the castle, i had imported a picture of a spooky night. In rendering window it was visible. When i saved the photo, it is plain white.

i am posting two examples and one from the castle (small png). The grass is supposed to be green and behind the castle is supposed to be a beautiful picture background.

thanks again.

witch_castle_png_icon.png
    91 x 62 - 3K
    aa_Grass_1.png
    800 x 553 - 924K
    aa_Grass_2.png
    800 x 553 - 793K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All background Images will dissaper in png's. That will become the Alpha channel when saved. And all areas that are see through will aslo be a clear Alpha channel when saved. Your trouble can be fixed two ways. The easy way, render as JPG. If that's not what you want make Two primitive Planes, position one behind your scene and put the background image on it in the Diffuse channel. Position the other just under your ground prop and change the Diffuse color to what ever helps your render the best, Brown, Green, Black ect.. you might need to test a few before you find what you like. Then render as a PNG.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    All background Images will dissaper in png's. That will become the Alpha channel when saved. And all areas that are see through will aslo be a clear Alpha channel when saved.

Note that it depends which program you're using to view the png. Some will automatically show the alpha channel as transparent, some won't. There should be a setting in your program's options, or an easy on/off switch in the program controls.
  • kgatzkgatz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok your help was perfect

both ways are working. the moment of my perfection is approaching... lol

thank you a lot!