Military Rank Insignia

Would like military rank insignias in silver and gold that could be pinned to a shirt collar and shoulder.

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378

The 5 pointed star is currently available as an earring here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/610486/star-earrings#latest

Wouldn't take a lot to delete/hide one side and/or put it on any bit you wished.

To make things easier, I've attached a zip file with 2 obj files in it. 1) The Obj file for a single earring for you to import. Apply shaders and import the 'star shank longer' obj using 'Edit| Object| Morph Loader Advanced' to make the shank have a variable length morph. Then position the model and parent in place.

Regards,

Richard

zip
    zip
    Star.zip
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,066

thank you

• felisfelis Posts: 4,006
    edited May 2023

It is fairly simple shape, so I modelled them, except the eagle, which is more complex and would require a normal map. I also simplified the leaf, as I could see on other pictures of insignias.

But I forgot about it, but this is what they look like with a silver shader in DS.

If interested you can get them as objs.

Insignias.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,066

I'm interested. How do I get them?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,006

There are 4 objs in the attached zip.

You can import them into Daz Studio. I have modelled them to be around 3 cm tall. Be aware that the objs are in blender scale, so when importing to DS size should be 10000%, or they will end up very tiny.

zip
    zip
    Insignias.zip