Longitude & Latitude Lighting and Render Presets for DS Iray {commercial!}

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427

Presenting.....Longitude & Latitude Lighting and Render Presets for DS Iray

In this package you will find a selection of Render Setting Presets, Gobo Lights and Emissive Lights for DAZ Studio Iray.

This package focuses on the 'Sun-Sky Only' Environment Render setting in Iray and explains how this area of DS works. A 5 page hints/tips page is included explaining how the 'Sun-Sky Only' Evironment works in DS and 69 Render Presets examples are included to help you understand the documentation.
10 Tree Gobo Lights are included, which use spot lights. Additional explanations in the Hints/Tips pages on how to control Spot Lights in Iray are included.
Additionally 06 weather and sunset/nighttime Iray lighting sets are included for rendering in scene-mode.
You can mix and match the tree gobos and weather and sunset/nighttime to create stunning renders.

So altogether there's 111 options for you to mix/match.

http://www.daz3d.com/longitude-latitude-lighting-and-render-presets-for-ds-iray

Cheers,

Anna

Promo01.jpg
700 x 910 - 511K
Promo17.jpg
1274 x 800 - 389K
Promo02.jpg
956 x 600 - 397K
Promo03.jpg
956 x 625 - 398K
Promo06.jpg
956 x 625 - 358K
Promo12.jpg
956 x 625 - 296K
Promo13.jpg
800 x 502 - 277K
Promo20.jpg
615 x 800 - 437K
LargeMainPromo1300x1000.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 919K
Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Ooooo, I like this.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

Not soon enough!

:)

Can't wait to get my hands on the tips and tricks pages as well.

I always learn so much from your releases.

• Ippotamus said:

Not soon enough!

:)

Can't wait to get my hands on the tips and tricks pages as well.

I always learn so much from your releases.

Thank You! I'm pleased you both like them.

Here's a few more shots..... 

Promo14.jpg
    800 x 502 - 115K
    Promo08.jpg
    956 x 625 - 362K
    Promo07.jpg
    956 x 625 - 375K
    Promo05.jpg
    956 x 625 - 363K
    Promo04.jpg
    956 x 625 - 361K
    Promo11.jpg
    956 x 625 - 267K
    Promo15.jpg
    800 x 502 - 91K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Put me on the list. Well done!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2015

Dear God... Easy one-click solutions for convincing evening/night-time skies?! I can't express how happy I am to finally see something like that! I'm doing a lot of vampire-themed art for a documentary project, but those particular settings are going to be especially useful with Hallowe'en and Christmas coming up!

The only thing missing for Iray now is a similar easy way to create stormy weather and/or strange sky colours for alien worlds.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • EveniosEvenios Posts: 119
    edited September 2015

nice :-) I agree nighttime skys are a need for iray.   I actually found some of the space HDRI settings  that was releaed the start of the month works great for "nightime" if you adjust the dome or what ;-).  but more options would be great!

Post edited by Evenios on
  • Dear God... Easy one-click solutions for convincing evening/night-time skies?! I can't express how happy I am to finally see something like that! I'm doing a lot of vampire-themed art for a documentary project, but those particular settings are going to be especially useful with Hallowe'en and Christmas coming up!

The only thing missing for Iray now is a similar easy way to create stormy weather and/or strange sky colours for alien worlds.

Pleased you like the set. Here's a few more shots......

Promo18.jpg
    700 x 910 - 218K
    Promo19.jpg
    615 x 800 - 161K
    Promo10.jpg
    956 x 625 - 342K
  • Those look as spookily atmospheric as I was hoping Iray would easily give, but the set-up is annoyingly complicated, not just because of direction, but because of having to manually figure out lighting settings. I seriously need this as soon as possible!

Which setting would be best for authentic North America? 'Canada' or 'Mexico'?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I agree with the others very useful looking set, is it possible to see how the sun/sky presets function outside.

• scorpio said:

I agree with the others very useful looking set, is it possible to see how the sun/sky presets function outside.

I'll get some renders done tomorrow so you can have a look.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    scorpio said:

I'll get some renders done tomorrow so you can have a look.

Thank you

In my cart; not clicked checkout yet as today seems to be a bad day as I've added a few items already. crying

• nicstt said:

In my cart; not clicked checkout yet as today seems to be a bad day as I've added a few items already. crying

Doooo it! My chocolate pretzel addiction isn't going to pay for itself..... cheeky (kidding of course)

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    nicstt said:

Doooo it! My chocolate pretzel addiction isn't going to pay for itself..... cheeky (kidding of course)

Go, buy chocolate pretzels and enjoy to your hearts content! wink On a serious note though, great product, thank you.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited September 2015
    KA1 said:
    nicstt said:

Go, buy chocolate pretzels and enjoy to your hearts content! wink On a serious note though, great product, thank you.

Why thank you....I think I will. wink

Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on
  • Here's some renders of the render settings on an exterior scene.... I just rendered the ones I liked best..... Hover over the image and it'll show you the label showing the name of the light preset. 

Central America - Dry Season - May 20th - Noon.png
    488 x 300 - 194K
    Central America - Wet Season - September 30th - 2pm.png
    488 x 300 - 189K
    Central Australia - Summer -Dec 25th - 6pm.png
    488 x 300 - 179K
    Central Australia - Summer -feb 28th noon.png
    488 x 300 - 195K
    Central Australia - Summer -jan 28th -7pm.png
    488 x 300 - 168K
    Central Australia - winter -august 30th -10am.png
    488 x 300 - 193K
    England - Winter -February 1st - 1pm.png
    488 x 300 - 188K
  • A few more shots.... 

Central Australia - winter -july 30th -4pm.png
    488 x 300 - 174K
    Central Australia - winter -june 30th -3pm.png
    488 x 300 - 175K
    Central Canada - Summer -September 21st - Noon.png
    488 x 300 - 191K
    Central Canada - Winter -December 1st - 2pm.png
    488 x 300 - 173K
    Central Canada - Winter -January 10th - 3pm.png
    488 x 300 - 169K
    Central Mexico - Dry Season - February 23rd - 3pm.png
    488 x 300 - 188K
    Central Mexico - Dry Season - March 23rd - 10am.png
    488 x 300 - 198K
    Central Mexico - Dry Season - October 23rd - 1pm.png
    488 x 300 - 192K
    Central Mexico - Wet Season - July 10th - 4pm.png
    488 x 300 - 179K
    Central Mexico - Wet Season - May 10th - 7am.png
    488 x 300 - 192K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Nice product. Once I figured out to manually switch to 'scene only' in the environment settings, the weather/night time conditions look great!

I only wish that the gobo light set-up came with even one default camera, as a starter for those of us not so familiar with using them. 

And a a question to those in the know. Can the horizon be adjusted/eliminated in sun/sky mode to suit the camera angle? It's the one thing that puts me off using this setting. 

Thanks again for a cool product. 

edited September 2015
    nicstt said:

Have one for me, as I can't now afford to buy my own. :)

(kidding of course)

Oh, of course you are. cheeky But don't worry, I can say no when I can't think of a use... This I'm sure will get used sufficiently that I won't regret it for one second.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Redz said:

Nice product. Once I figured out to manually switch to 'scene only' in the environment settings, the weather/night time conditions look great!

I only wish that the gobo light set-up came with even one default camera, as a starter for those of us not so familiar with using them. 

And a a question to those in the know. Can the horizon be adjusted/eliminated in sun/sky mode to suit the camera angle? It's the one thing that puts me off using this setting. 

Thanks again for a cool product. 

There should be a button under the environment tab that says 'draw dome', click it to the 'off' setting to remove the sky completely.

To change the horizon settings, you need to play with the Dome orientation dials which are underneath the 'off dome' setting. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2015

Thanks. I just figured out the SS Horizon Height works to get rid of the grey horizon line :)

ETA: actually horizon blur possibly works better. As it keeps the tonal variation in the sky.

Post edited by Redz on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I wasn't sure over this one.  I hmm-ed and haw-ed long into the day.  Then I thought: It's by ForbiddenWhisper, when has she 'done me wrong' with a product?  So mouse pointer inched closer to 'add to cart;.  The I thought, "it's not only got light presets that both portray real-life situations, they will do so at a click of a button, time and again", so the mpouse pointer drifted over the 'add to cart' button.  But then.  Oh dear, but then, the thought crosses my mind .. "the expense, just how much?  Can such a thing be justified, especially as it's pampering to addiction?" and, as I clicked the button, my mind replied, "oh come on, it's Anna and it's chocolate-covered prtezels, be nice!" ;)

• SimonJM said:

I wasn't sure over this one.  I hmm-ed and haw-ed long into the day.  Then I thought: It's by ForbiddenWhisper, when has she 'done me wrong' with a product?  So mouse pointer inched closer to 'add to cart;.  The I thought, "it's not only got light presets that both portray real-life situations, they will do so at a click of a button, time and again", so the mpouse pointer drifted over the 'add to cart' button.  But then.  Oh dear, but then, the thought crosses my mind .. "the expense, just how much?  Can such a thing be justified, especially as it's pampering to addiction?" and, as I clicked the button, my mind replied, "oh come on, it's Anna and it's chocolate-covered prtezels, be nice!" ;)

Yeahhhh that's right. A good friend would 'enable' a friends choco pretzel addiction..... not frog march her to some sort of Choco-Pretzel Anonymous meeting.... cheeky

Hope ya enjoy the product. Any questions feel free to PM me here on the forum.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    SimonJM said:

Yeahhhh that's right. A good friend would 'enable' a friends choco pretzel addiction..... not frog march her to some sort of Choco-Pretzel Anonymous meeting.... cheeky

Hope ya enjoy the product. Any questions feel free to PM me here on the forum.

And there was me thinking CPA was something to do with accountants?  Whodathunkit behind that dour exterior of mind-numbingly bean-counterish exterior was a festering bed of addiction ... ;)

• nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

Have one for me, as I can't now afford to buy my own. :)

(kidding of course)

Oh, of course you are. cheeky But don't worry, I can say no when I can't think of a use... This I'm sure will get used sufficiently that I won't regret it for one second.

Actually...I'm not....it's a real problem... crying

• Still curious how you managed to produce this image!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/fa/aafd26b7a18a1f8b961be4794b8d11.jpg

There's a great lighting set for clear moonlight (which will get much use), but no night-time skies. The above looks like an Iray render setting image which has both a moon and clouds. Is it meant to have been included?

• This is a great product as are many of your other products. But please reduce the length of the file names. I'm having huge problems working with some of your more recent products because the file names are so long that Windows 7/8/10 can't handle them. If the names of nested files and folders exceed a certain length then Windows chokes, throws up messages about this limit and prevents moving and copying the files. I know this Windows limitation is a PITA but it's not going to disappear any time soon so there has to be a way to work with it. It may not be a problem for those who use the download manager but for those of us who like to download and install the files manually it's a real problem. It's also presents a problem storing these downloads on backup media. Please consider reducing the file names to solve this problem.

• Superdog said:

This is a great product as are many of your other products. But please reduce the length of the file names. I'm having huge problems working with some of your more recent products because the file names are so long that Windows 7/8/10 can't handle them. If the names of nested files and folders exceed a certain length then Windows chokes, throws up messages about this limit and prevents moving and copying the files. I know this Windows limitation is a PITA but it's not going to disappear any time soon so there has to be a way to work with it. It may not be a problem for those who use the download manager but for those of us who like to download and install the files manually it's a real problem. It's also presents a problem storing these downloads on backup media. Please consider reducing the file names to solve this problem.

I have windows 7 and constantly use the DIM to download products and install them manually, as I have several runtimes set up for testing purposes. I've never had this problem you speak of for installing products with long file names. I've got more than one PC with windows 7 as well as a laptop and this has never been a problem with either machine. If it had id have changed things. It may be a problem with your machine and not the product.
  • Still curious how you managed to produce this image!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/fa/aafd26b7a18a1f8b961be4794b8d11.jpg

There's a great lighting set for clear moonlight (which will get much use), but no night-time skies. The above looks like an Iray render setting image which has both a moon and clouds. Is it meant to have been included?

No, sorry the image was added in photoshop.