Getting a partial default morph to a character model?

I am using two different figure morphs (100% + 70%) on the standard female Gen 8 model. Everything looks good so far, the face is heavily edited by me.

So after a while I just noticed, that the feet are kind of a mess. Especially the toes are somewhat out of proportion and almost deformed. Unfortunately I didn't noticed that earlier.

Is there any way to get the default Gen 8 feet morph onto the figure? I've tried saving the default Gen 8 feet as a morph. But applying this morph to my figure didn't change anything.

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    edited May 2023

dream-weaver said:

I am using two different figure morphs (100% + 70%) on the standard female Gen 8 model. Everything looks good so far, the face is heavily edited by me.

So after a while I just noticed, that the feet are kind of a mess. Especially the toes are somewhat out of proportion and almost deformed. Unfortunately I didn't noticed that earlier.

Is there any way to get the default Gen 8 feet morph onto the figure? I've tried saving the default Gen 8 feet as a morph. But applying this morph to my figure didn't change anything.

Applying a morph that is the same shape as the standard base shape will naturally do nothing. All morphs are saved so that they will move the base shape, though naturally they will look different when multiple morphs are applied.

You need to find out which morph is deforming the feet, and then unapply that one. Just look at the feet and go through the likely morphs you have applied (ie leg morphs or full body morphs) setting each to zero to see if it corrects the problem. 

Once you find the problem morph, you should keep that off, but if it is is a full body morph and you want it all except the feet, you could try using this product to split the morph into two:

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

Post edited by Havos on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738

Are these custom morphs or standard morphs? If theya re from Daz are they HD or standard morphs?

• Thanks for the help.
    But it was actually my fault.
    I just noticed a separate morph was set to 100% because I had some boots added to the figure. The boots are long gone, but the morph came with the boots and was still active. It's not the best thing that a morph to fit specific clothes stays even after the clothes have been removed.