Help with texture sizes in iray

BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

You guys have been awesome with help so here is another one that stumps me. Most of what I produce is size based related. I create massive sets to make people small. I am having no issues with character sizing but when it comes to  rooms and scenes its not working as well. With Reality lux i can collect original texture size and have no issues as in render 1. In render 2 which is produced in iray I have all kinds of artifacts. I am using 2048 by 4096 as suggested by Cickle in her vid should I be stting them different or is this a limitation or iray?

1.jpg
1854 x 881 - 271K
2.jpg
1600 x 851 - 192K
Post edited by Bobvan on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

In Render Settings > Advanced, try raising the thresholds for Texture Compression.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2015

Right now they are at 2048 by 4096 what should I raise them to?

Untitled.png
    336 x 405 - 12K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you are using the Ground Plane in Environment then try changing the resolution.

No these are content rooms

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited September 2015

Have you tried changing the horizontal tiling for the shaders? Isn't there a tiling shader in the free Iray shaders beside the Ubershader? I have them and didn't buy them. Applying one of them automatically tiles the shader to differnt amounts.

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited September 2015

Not that I can see. I did the tiling it works but there is still alot of artifacts. Lux is still slow comapred to iray

Post edited by Bobvan on

No other advice?

Been using tiling in shaders so far working well thank you!!

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited August 2016
    Bobvan said:

You guys have been awesome with help so here is another one that stumps me. Most of what I produce is size based related. I create massive sets to make people small. I am having no issues with character sizing but when it comes to  rooms and scenes its not working as well. With Reality lux i can collect original texture size and have no issues as in render 1. In render 2 which is produced in iray I have all kinds of artifacts. I am using 2048 by 4096 as suggested by Cickle in her vid should I be stting them different or is this a limitation or iray?

I know this is a bit late, but I've only recently had this problem.  Bobvan,  just out of curiosity.  Is that guy in the attachment Matt Helm?

Post edited by nelsonsmith on