Difference between DS and Poser - Probs and Figures

Hi,

have a question, besides shaders and materials, is there a difference in the size of probs, objects and figures between DS and Poser when loaded into a scene?

Comments

• Poser-format items should load at the correct size, relative to the figuers (DS and Poser don't agree on absolute sizes - DS uses 1 OBJ unit = 8 feet, Poser uses 1 OBJ unit = 8.6 feet; there is, or has been in the past, more content made to the scale DS uses than to the scale Poser uses and certainly the Daz figures would be very tall on the Poser scale). If you are using an item modelled in another application, to its native scale rather than to Poser scale, then there are presets in the OBJ import option dialogue to allow you to set the scale (and axis orientation). DS' native unit is the cm.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Poser-format items should load at the correct size, relative to the figuers (DS and Poser don't agree on absolute sizes - DS uses 1 OBJ unit = 8 feet, Poser uses 1 OBJ unit = 8.6 feet; there is, or has been in the past, more content made to the scale DS uses than to the scale Poser uses and certainly the Daz figures would be very tall on the Poser scale). If you are using an item modelled in another application, to its native scale rather than to Poser scale, then there are presets in the OBJ import option dialogue to allow you to set the scale (and axis orientation). DS' native unit is the cm.

thank you, well have asked because I have some office probs seeming a bit to huge to the figure and I scale them down everytime. BTW cm is good, I do not like this inch and foot stuff :)

When it comes to hights for figures cm (and mm) is much accurate

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,010

Not trying to be funny or anything... Probs = Props?   Not trying to correct or be a jerk, just curious if it's autocorrect or something new.

McGyver said:

Not trying to be funny or anything... Probs = Props?   Not trying to correct or be a jerk, just curious if it's autocorrect or something new.

yes props