Where is the daz developers forum gone to?

3 years ago, we've seen lot's of dev's working on possible new goodies...  like physics, or new hear or cloth solutions.

today we 've seen almost nothing new showing up, why?

are most dev people left daz? is the daz in house team really shrinked that much?

is it only one guy programming on this software today and is that the thrue reason why today's evolution is running slow?

Comments

• There are links to two of these kind of forums at the top of the DAZ Studio Discussions forum.

• Fixme12 said:

3 years ago, we've seen lot's of dev's working on possible new goodies...  like physics, or new hear or cloth solutions.

today we 've seen almost nothing new showing up, why?

are most dev people left daz? is the daz in house team really shrinked that much?

is it only one guy programming on this software today and is that the thrue reason why today's evolution is running slow?

At least part of the slower release schedule for Studio were complaints by a great many people back during the 3.x era. With a new update every few weeks, people were buying plugins and having them broken in very short order. In the case of one of my ex-roomates, within hours of purchase. DAZ eventually promised to do fewer larger updates after that. Given that Studio isn't dead, I'm guessing it worked.

That, and they have more time to test and revise plugins so they still function with every major release. Which is quite nice.

• With a new update every few weeks, people were buying plugins and having them broken in very short order. In the case of one of my ex-roomates, within hours of purchase. DAZ eventually promised to do fewer larger updates after that. Given that Studio isn't dead, I'm guessing it worked.

The SDK did not change in a way that broke backward compatibility during the run of 3.x - nor did the later stages of 2.x. There were a few occasions when bugs broke something, and there were cerainly plug-ins that required a minimum version later than the initial release, but I'm pretty sure that plug-ins remained generally compatible through the run of 3.x. They have also not been broken in the run of 4.5+, though again there are new features that mean newer plug-ins will not work in older versions.

• With a new update every few weeks, people were buying plugins and having them broken in very short order. In the case of one of my ex-roomates, within hours of purchase. DAZ eventually promised to do fewer larger updates after that. Given that Studio isn't dead, I'm guessing it worked.

The SDK did not change in a way that broke backward compatibility during the run of 3.x - nor did the later stages of 2.x. There were a few occasions when bugs broke something, and there were cerainly plug-ins that required a minimum version later than the initial release, but I'm pretty sure that plug-ins remained generally compatible through the run of 3.x. They have also not been broken in the run of 4.5+, though again there are new features that mean newer plug-ins will not work in older versions.

I wasn't using Studio at the time, so all I have is what I heard on the Forums at the time.

Well, that and the amount of complaining my roomate did. That got old fast.

I wasn't using Studio at the time, so all I have is what I heard on the Forums at the time.

Well, that and the amount of complaining my roomate did. That got old fast.

Updates breaking plug-ins, certainly the non-Daz plug-ins, was a problem in DS1 and the earlier stages of DS2 - but Daz did change its approach after that. However people continued to speak as if the behaviour was still the same (and as I said, there were some problems and some minimum version issues with new plug-ins).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There were a number of shaders that were broken...but that was more because they either came before the option to embed the source code in the shader file OR that option was not enabled.  They needed to be manually recompiled.  Now, with the embed source option, any update will, recompile them on the fly (and cough up a warning about how really recompiling them will boost performance). 

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited September 2015

So the daz "live" plugin was not a daz plugin? guess you mean plugins controlled by daz..., not? 
    "live" the plugin with timer to animate between morph's and have easy eye blinks in animations...

Why we now see a lot less daz dev's working on new tools? A few years back we see more innovation around dazstudio, and joyfull new projects.

Are all those people gone? is the daz in house dev team shrinked that much?

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited September 2015
    Chohole said:

ah missed them, thx

mostly i just click commons and when going back (General), the dazstudio main thread is not visible in the main list, that's the reason why i've missed the section where you point at. Forgot mostly to click on daz3d forums to see all forums.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • Fixme12 said:

So the daz "live" plugin was not a daz plugin? guess you mean plugins controlled by daz..., not? 
    "live" the plugin with timer to animate between morph's and have easy eye blinks in animations...

The tool to add random tics to an animated pose? I'm pretty sure that is/was a PA product.