Render with amd gpu

Hello. Is there a way to render with a amd gpu in daz3d? with plugin or something?

Comments

• Not currently, though the tools are available for someone to write a plugin to work with, for example, Pro Render - however, that would still, most likely, leave materials needing a rework.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

Blender and Unreal Engine both use AMD Pro Render, Daz has a bridge to Blender. Good luck.

• hamrlg2hamrlg2 Posts: 7

Silver Dolphin said:

Blender and Unreal Engine both use AMD Pro Render, Daz has a bridge to Blender. Good luck.

I think i got it. You say I do my job (animations, character poses and materials) in daz3d. then, export the job into fbx and import it in blender and render it. right?
    The camera in daz3d can be rendered in blender?
    But in other hand, i think blender not supporting my rx580 8gb for rendering. is there a plugin like pro render for install it on blender to render with my rx 580?
    sorry for my bad english//...

Richard Haseltine said:

Not currently, though the tools are available for someone to write a plugin to work with, for example, Pro Render - however, that would still, most likely, leave materials needing a rework.

and this plugin can be installed in daz3d? how?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

hamrlg2 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Not currently, though the tools are available for someone to write a plugin to work with, for example, Pro Render - however, that would still, most likely, leave materials needing a rework.

and this plugin can be installed in daz3d? how?

Just like any other plugin, but someone would have to write it first, which isn't a small task. 

edited March 2023

I imported my daz3d character with "daz to blender bridge" script to blender. then, I just wanted to check if the prorender work. So, i changed viewport shading to rendered with render engine: Radeon prorender. And sadly, i got bad result after render finish. (2 or 3 seconds)

https://ibb.co/RCYZfFp

but when i put render engine on cycle or eevee, its render good and render textures in high quality without any problems. how to fix this problem? sry for my bad english

https://ibb.co/rs965mw

EDIT: Check this image. changed viewport shade to rendered in this position. render engine is on Radeon prorender. look at character hand and that cube. cube rendered with good quality but that hand.... why?! how to fix?

https://ibb.co/qgSSbXg

Post edited by hamrlg2 on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

You don't need to use the amd prorender, cycles and eevee work perfectly fine with amd cards. Just export to blender and animate/render there.

https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/

Padone said:

You don't need to use the amd prorender, cycles and eevee work perfectly fine with amd cards. Just export to blender and animate/render there.

yes. but when i render with eevee or cycle, its render with my cpu. not my gpu. and in the preferences, i can't change render to my amd gpu card bcuz its not RDNA or VEGA.
    is there a way to fix that prorender problem or render with rx 580 on eevee or cycle engine?

• hamrlg2 said:

Padone said:

yes. but when i render with eevee or cycle, its render with my cpu. not my gpu. and in the preferences, i can't change render to my amd gpu card bcuz its not RDNA or VEGA.
    is there a way to fix that prorender problem or render with rx 580 on eevee or cycle engine?

To be honest I think you just need a new graphics card, rather than tying yourself in knots trying to get things to work.  If you've got a few $ there are loads on ebay capable of doing hardware accel Cycles and iRay.  3060 12GB is very good.  2070 is OK.  970 works with iRay, I think, I used to use it with Daz at least (2 characters, it's only 4GB).  IDK if compatibility is still OK for that card.   They're super cheap second hand.  I think a 1650 would even be OK compared to CPU.  Lots of options. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420
    edited March 2023

Pickle Renderer said:

To be honest I think you just need a new graphics card, rather than tying yourself in knots trying to get things to work.  If you've got a few $ there are loads on ebay capable of doing hardware accel Cycles and iRay.  3060 12GB is very good.  2070 is OK.  970 works with iRay, I think, I used to use it with Daz at least (2 characters, it's only 4GB).  IDK if compatibility is still OK for that card.   They're super cheap second hand.  I think a 1650 would even be OK compared to CPU.  Lots of options. 

With the latest versions of DS, using the latest nVidia drivers and relatively recent assets, 8GB's of VRAM is the minimum for Iray.

The RTX 3060 12GB is a good budget card for DS and Iray rendering

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited March 2023

I'm working on unity 3d game development. And bcuz of this reason, I forced to work with amd gpu. And testing somethins. If I get nvidia gpu, I have to stop my unity game development. And... I don't want to do that! By the way... Can I fix this problem in blender with daz characters? Or better question: Is there any ways to render DAZ3D CHARACTERS with AMD GPU RX580 8GB XFX without any problems?

Post edited by hamrlg2 on
  • stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514

hamrlg2 said:

...... or render with rx 580 on eevee or cycle engine?

Use Blender 2.93.* LTS. That uses openCL for AMD. https://www.blender.org/download/releases/2-93/

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

I can confirm to use 2.93 for old cards, and that diffeomorphic supports blender 2.93 too.

• I can confirm that Cycles HIP can see and use the RX 6400 if budget is a concern.  This might already be resolved, but I thought I'd chip in.

I'm also able to select both of my RX 6400 cards, as well as my APU.  I could be wrong, but this suggests to me that Blender can and will still use multi-GPU as well.  I believe moving up to a newer platform will open up more options for you.  The RX 580 is faster in general, but the RX 6400 has broader support for new technologies, and two of them could close or eliminate the gap.  The 6400 uses less RAM and VRAM, and it averages significantly cooler temperatures (about 12*C).  You could get two for under $300.  Or you could save another $80 - $100 on one RX 6600 to blow that out of the water and have the support you need.

I also watched some reviews, and can confirm through that their demonstrations show HIP as clearly superior to Pro Render.  It's twice as fast and produces much higher quality renders.  Like, it's not even close.  If you want better future proofing and even more performance, the RX 7600's MSRP is around $270.  Less savings, but much more value insofar as longevity.  Either way, it's highly likely you'll have to move on from that RX 580.