Face Transfer

Hello, are there other programs out there that do an incredible job with face transfer detail?  I'm using the DAZ version, which does the job, but I feel like it can be better.  I've also purchased the Headshop software, but am not getting the results I hoped for.  Any links or suggestions would be most appreciated! - Ski

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited March 2023

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-shapes-for-genesis-8  was made to work with Face Transfer to help with the head shapes. [It is not a merchant resource]

FaceGen is the only other face shaper which works with most of the Genesis figures [if you get the Artist Pro edition]. You can download a free trial [and purchase] from their website, or buy it from Daz3D and return it if it doesn't do what you want to accomplish. [returns have to be made within 30 days of purchase last I heard]

n.b. for any 'perfect' textures to be had, extra work using an image editor will be necessary. IMHO, for the speed and accuracy, Face Transfer is the best of the bunch as far as the textures go. For getting a similar character available for most of the Genesis clans, FaceGen is the way to go.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-shapes-for-genesis-8  was made to work with Face Transfer to help with the head shapes. [It is not a merchant resource]

FaceGen is the only other face shaper which works with most of the Genesis figures [if you get the Artist Pro edition]. You can download a free trial [and purchase] from their website, or buy it from Daz3D and return it if it doesn't do what you want to accomplish. [returns have to be made within 30 days of purchase last I heard]

n.b. for any 'perfect' textures to be had, extra work using an image editor will be necessary. IMHO, for the speed and accuracy, Face Transfer is the best of the bunch as far as the textures go. For getting a similar character available for most of the Genesis clans, FaceGen is the way to go.

HeadShop also supports Gen 3, Gen 8 and Gen 8.1 - and we are working on Genesis 9 compatibility, coming soon.... We are happy to solve problems, OP should send an email to [email protected] and we can do a tech support/screenshare in Skype (works 100% of the time). Also, watch many how-to videos: