Very DARK SKIN Texture - WHO & WHERE???

I have a few very dark skin textures but none so dark as these two images. WHO are they, WHERE are they or HOW can I get them? Please?

DrkSin2.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 303K
DrkSkin1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 225K

Comments

• MKeyes said:

I have a few very dark skin textures but none so dark as these two images. WHO are they, WHERE are they or HOW can I get them? Please?

There are dark skin resources in the store you can get for G2 and G3Fs that could easily be manipulated to match that. Check ForbiddenWhispers.

• I saw the Queens of the Savanna on sale and was wondering the exact same thing. Are those skin tones built from the Dark Skin Merchant Resource Texture Kit? Or Skin Builder?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

I've had reasonable results with skin builder and Benjamin. Haven't tried others.

• It looks a little like Marie for Monique 6: http://www.daz3d.com/fwsi-marie-hd-for-monique-6

I was actually pretty sure it was at first, but Marie doesn't have that exact makeup option. The description on Queens of the Savanna does credit a V4 Marie for the promos, so it might be a predecessor. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

You might want to check Zena V4 and Zere for Vittorio in Morris's catalogue. They are of the right level of darkness. But whoever the skins are may not be in this store. I seem to recall seeing a Scarification package somewhere in the last 3-3 years, but can't remember where.

And Rendo -- which is a likely source, no longer seems to have a store seach function. Or  at least it's too well hidden for me to find it.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    JOdel said:

You might want to check Zena V4 and Zere for Vittorio in Morris's catalogue. They are of the right level of darkness. But whoever the skins are may not be in this store. I seem to recall seeing a Scarification package somewhere in the last 3-3 years, but can't remember where.

And Rendo -- which is a likely source, no longer seems to have a store seach function. Or  at least it's too well hidden for me to find it.

Yeah, I have Zena, I use her alot... and another from Rendo... but those two are different! I don't recognize them anywhere. Hope someone can say soon, or I maybe I should just contact the vendors who did the ads. I gotta have two tow dark skin texture, breath-taking!

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678
    edited September 2015

Hi,

I didn't use that Marie for Monique. I used Elite Marie for V4 :) her texture is on the left image in first post, the small middle on on the right side.

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-elite-texture-marie

For the tribal one in the middle, I just recolored Monique in Photo-Paint to a dark, almost black color (around 25, 21, 21 the skin itself) and painted on it the tribal signs. I used diffuse color 206, 206, 206, spec 1 is 164, 185, 196 and spec 2 is 195, 210, 200.

The second image - I used the original Monique skin, but I changed the diffuse color in DS from white to a darker grey and changed the translucency color to a salmon-like color.

and here is another example for Dark Skin - I know this is not exactly real, but if I have no dark skin, I create one playing with diffuse color and translucency color. Not perfect, not too realistic, but better than nothing :) And you can play with the colors, because dark skins have so many beautiful tones.

This one below is for Genesis 3 Female - Victoria 7 skin (Iray) playing with translucency color (middle dark brown) and strong value.

Zuri.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 351K
    Post edited by 3D-GHDesign on
  • JOdel said:

The scarification product was at Rendo, but it's not for sale any longer. And the Rendo search box is still there. There's a search box on Rendo still. But searching the site through Google still works better.

edited September 2015

Hi,

I didn't use that Marie for Monique. I used Elite Marie for V4 :) her texture is on the left image in first post, the small middle on on the right side.

For the tribal one in the middle, I just recolored Monique in Photo-Paint to a dark, almost black color (around 25, 21, 21 the skin itself) and painted on it the tribal signs. I used diffuse color 206, 206, 206, spec 1 is 164, 185, 196 and spec 2 is 195, 210, 200.

The second image - I used the original Monique skin, but I changed the diffuse color in DS from white to a darker grey and changed the translucency color to a salmon-like color.

and here is another example for Dark Skin - I know this is not exactly real, but if I have no dark skin, I create one playing with diffuse color and translucency color. Not perfect, not too realistic, but better than nothing :) And you can play with the colors, because dark skins have so many beautiful tones.

This one below is for Genesis 3 Female - Victoria 7 skin (Iray) playing with translucency color (middle dark brown) and strong value.

You need to MAKE that character with that dark skin, I would snap her up without a thought! Especially that one you showed as an example. WOW... I want all three - I have Marie for V4 already... and I have Zena as well... but I want that one that is really dark. They are amazing!

Gotta have this one... wow - make her, I'm telling you - she would sell!

Post edited by MKeyes on
  • Hi,

Notes taken for upcoming character ;)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,824

Hi,

As long as you're taking notes ... if you plan to use that method for an upcoming G3 character you plan to sell, if it's meant to be realistic, you might want to check out Kickair's Palm and Sole Masks at ShareCG. Having darker palms and soles looks completely unrealistic.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    vwrangler said:

Hi,

As long as you're taking notes ... if you plan to use that method for an upcoming G3 character you plan to sell, if it's meant to be realistic, you might want to check out Kickair's Palm and Sole Masks at ShareCG. Having darker palms and soles looks completely unrealistic.

I have a resource kit to use for both G2 and G3F, but it will come in handy later, as I don't expect to get more than two or *maybe* three characters out of each kit. Picking up Mudbox next month so I can 3D paint the diffuse textures instead. 

Both of the ones I have have the lighter skin on the palms. One of the things I've noticed is you can have lighter-skinned black people that are considerably more even from the backs of the hands to the palms (my doctor's lead nurse is like that.)

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • MKeyes said:

You need to MAKE that character with that dark skin, I would snap her up without a thought! Especially that one you showed as an example. WOW... I want all three - I have Marie for V4 already... and I have Zena as well... but I want that one that is really dark. They are amazing!

That very dark skinned character (at least the face) is in the Queen of the Savannah head morph pack. There I made not only the partial morphs, but full faces. And if you have Monique, you can get almost same result as I used, because I gave the main color parameters in my post ... and that may not be commercial, because that one is based on Monique If I would have a nice resource skin, I could make a tribal character, but I don't see good dark base. Unfortunatelly I usually not make full characters. with skin... I have some at RDNA, for example I used my darker skin one (Kimani) on promos too, but I didn't made DS set for them. 

The face you see on my example is from my G3F face morph pack. I sculpted some full character faces in ZBrush and for the promo I played with V7 skin. 

I plan a full character later, but she will be a fairy and she will be pale. But usually I prefer to make morphs and clothes. There are too many character creators in markets so I don't want to be another one. And mainly if I have a resource set (as I have) I wouldn't use it many times as DarkSpartan said too. And as you see....if you have a good skin, like V7, you can use it for many characters. I am so sorry we can't use older UV sets on G3F, because I have some V4 skin whcih would be good to turn into a very dark skinned character. But if I can grab a good dark skin merchant resource with good details (I have no patience to fiddling about seams :) ) I will use it as a base and I will make a tribal character for G3

• MKeyes said:

That very dark skinned character (at least the face) is in the Queen of the Savannah head morph pack. There I made not only the partial morphs, but full faces. And if you have Monique, you can get almost same result as I used, because I gave the main color parameters in my post ... and that may not be commercial, because that one is based on Monique If I would have a nice resource skin, I could make a tribal character, but I don't see good dark base. Unfortunatelly I usually not make full characters. with skin... I have some at RDNA, for example I used my darker skin one (Kimani) on promos too, but I didn't made DS set for them. 

The face you see on my example is from my G3F face morph pack. I sculpted some full character faces in ZBrush and for the promo I played with V7 skin. 

I plan a full character later, but she will be a fairy and she will be pale. But usually I prefer to make morphs and clothes. There are too many character creators in markets so I don't want to be another one. And mainly if I have a resource set (as I have) I wouldn't use it many times as DarkSpartan said too. And as you see....if you have a good skin, like V7, you can use it for many characters. I am so sorry we can't use older UV sets on G3F, because I have some V4 skin whcih would be good to turn into a very dark skinned character. But if I can grab a good dark skin merchant resource with good details (I have no patience to fiddling about seams :) ) I will use it as a base and I will make a tribal character for G3

Have you seen http://www.daz3d.com/dark-skin-merchant-resource-essentials-for-genesis-3-female-s as yet? It's one of the two I picked up.

• Yes, but I never understand why merchant resource creators bring into relief the faces and makeups (if those are not on a separate layer) becuase this is the first part I change when I use a merchant resource.

For me the most impoartant parts are thedetailed legs, hands, arm inside, vein layer and the back. And why? because that is that part I won't work with too much. The most render uses the face - portraits. The others may use the chest - tummy part for larger renders. But usually the back, legs, palms are not on the main part of an image. So if I make a character, it is not so impoartant for me that this part is same or not as on my other character. But face HAS to be different. Neck, chest, tummy, hands (the top part) are very important and when if I use merchant resource because I want to avoid seams, I am sure I will change the face at first. The whole face part, eyes, eybrows....because these parts will make my character unique. These parts HAVE to be different for different characters, as eyebrows, lips face skin are most important parts gives the characteristic. I can't use bump map, becuase I will change main parts anyway, so for me, bump maps, makups (merged with skin) are useless. I would like to see a merchant resource where the highlight is on the detailed skin and a separate layer of veins, and sure, the mouth inside, maybe eyes (but I am sure, I will make changes on iris and sclera part) and other "subsidiary" maps. Don't need makeups, (except as separate layers) or bump or nomal maps...and if these are there, I feel I pay for many useless parts. For example now I bought Morris' skin resource, because I like the hand and other details. And also I have Sarsa skin resources...I like those details. But unfortunately, I can't use them wtih G3F :( I tried to make a dark skin from Morris ones, but this is not good for that. But I don't give up :D

I am going to have to figure out the skin coloring. I have MANY Ethnic (black) characters and I need a GOOD one for V7 -(G3)- but - I don't know how V4's Marie was fit to V7 - that is the issue. If I can make that happen, I may be able to make the coloring and features. 

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015
    MKeyes said:

I am going to have to figure out the skin coloring. I have MANY Ethnic (black) characters and I need a GOOD one for V7 -(G3)- but - I don't know how V4's Marie was fit to V7 - that is the issue. If I can make that happen, I may be able to make the coloring and features. 

There is a tutorial for how to transfer your textures to V7, but you need some patience...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59665/tutorial-converting-textures-from-gen2-to-gen3/p1

There are 2 black skins for V7 here in the store, and one elsewhere. I got Kelly For V7 and I find her to be a good skin. While not very dark, that is pretty easy to adjust, but she's got a legit dark skin starting point and appropriate skin features. I still love V4 Marie though..but I have used her too much...

http://www.daz3d.com/kelly-for-victoria-7

ALso there is but it's still on my wishlist for now since I mostly use G2F still.

http://www.daz3d.com/ej-etta-for-genesis-3-female-s

There is also a merchant resource for G3F dark skins, but unless you want to spend a lot of time manipulating it, may not be for you.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    MKeyes said:

There is a tutorial for how to transfer your textures to V7, but you need some patience...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59665/tutorial-converting-textures-from-gen2-to-gen3/p1

There are 2 black skins for V7 here in the store, and one elsewhere. I got Kelly For V7 and I find her to be a good skin. While not very dark, that is pretty easy to adjust, but she's got a legit dark skin starting point and appropriate skin features. I still love V4 Marie though..but I have used her too much...

ALso there is but it's still on my wishlist for now since I mostly use G2F still.

There is also a merchant resource for G3F dark skins, but unless you want to spend a lot of time manipulating it, may not be for you.

yep, thanks sweet, I have them both! Jumped on them immediately. So I will be looking oer that tutorial as well in texture transferring. Big thanks!  

• MKeyes said:
    MKeyes said:

yep, thanks sweet, I have them both! Jumped on them immediately. So I will be looking oer that tutorial as well in texture transferring. Big thanks!  

Glad I could help :)

• Yes, but I never understand why merchant resource creators bring into relief the faces and makeups (if those are not on a separate layer) becuase this is the first part I change when I use a merchant resource.

For me the most impoartant parts are thedetailed legs, hands, arm inside, vein layer and the back. And why? because that is that part I won't work with too much. The most render uses the face - portraits. The others may use the chest - tummy part for larger renders. But usually the back, legs, palms are not on the main part of an image. So if I make a character, it is not so impoartant for me that this part is same or not as on my other character. But face HAS to be different. Neck, chest, tummy, hands (the top part) are very important and when if I use merchant resource because I want to avoid seams, I am sure I will change the face at first. The whole face part, eyes, eybrows....because these parts will make my character unique. These parts HAVE to be different for different characters, as eyebrows, lips face skin are most important parts gives the characteristic. I can't use bump map, becuase I will change main parts anyway, so for me, bump maps, makups (merged with skin) are useless. I would like to see a merchant resource where the highlight is on the detailed skin and a separate layer of veins, and sure, the mouth inside, maybe eyes (but I am sure, I will make changes on iris and sclera part) and other "subsidiary" maps. Don't need makeups, (except as separate layers) or bump or nomal maps...and if these are there, I feel I pay for many useless parts. For example now I bought Morris' skin resource, because I like the hand and other details. And also I have Sarsa skin resources...I like those details. But unfortunately, I can't use them wtih G3F :( I tried to make a dark skin from Morris ones, but this is not good for that. But I don't give up :D

I found a freebie vein layer for G3F on a Japanese site a couple of months ago complete with open usage. I was searching Google for G3F skin resources when I stumbled over it. FW did include bumps but not normal maps, and the makeups are separated in .png format. Not that there's a whole lot more, but as a base it works pretty well. The only thing I'm not fond of is the habit some people have of leaving the eyebrows baked into the base.

Even if they do give us a couple of faces with different eyebrows.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I found a freebie vein layer for G3F on a Japanese site a couple of months ago complete with open usage.

https://amarijun.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/genesisgenesis2victoria4-blood-vessel-textures/

• Kerya said:

I found a freebie vein layer for G3F on a Japanese site a couple of months ago complete with open usage.

https://amarijun.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/genesisgenesis2victoria4-blood-vessel-textures/

That's it, thanks :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
     The only thing I'm not fond of is the habit some people have of leaving the eyebrows baked into the base.

Clone and healing brushes in Photoshop or GIMP solve that problem...

• mjc1016 said:
     The only thing I'm not fond of is the habit some people have of leaving the eyebrows baked into the base.

Yes they do, but that means having to deal with trying to make new eyebrows, and that's a pain in the backside.

mjc1016 said:

Yes they do, but that means having to deal with trying to make new eyebrows, and that's a pain in the backside.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/901308/#Comment_901308

• Kerya said:
    mjc1016 said:

Nice to know. When I can get the dosh, I'll see about those brushes.

Kerya said:
    mjc1016 said:

For free ... http://www.obsidiandawn.com/eyebrows-photoshop-gimp-brushes

• Kerya said:
    Kerya said:
    mjc1016 said:

For free ... http://www.obsidiandawn.com/eyebrows-photoshop-gimp-brushes

Kinda of difficult to use those for the making of commercial characters hereabouts.

• That Blood Vessel thing looks cool...I wonder if may use in commercial characters.....I don't think so, but I didn't find any readme inside the zip.