769 x 1000 - 392K
eyes01-sm.jpg
769 x 1000 - 448K
fullbody01-sm.jpg
769 x 1000 - 269K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

A great looking model; any chance of a version with no sun tanning at all?

Instant buy if there is, and likely a buy anyway. (Although it does look to have very little in the way of tan; finally, seeing as all so far seem to be tanned.)

Oh, is there a blond eyebrow option too?

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010

She doesn't have tanned skin or a tan at all.

No, no blonde brows. Sorry. I may be able to offer that option in the future since I started working with L.I.E., but neither of the new characters I have going on sale have a brow option. I used to offer it on V4 all the time with the brow plate---but they took that off.

Sorry!

fullbody02-sm.jpg
    726 x 1000 - 282K
    edited September 2015

Well it is good to practice making my own, it is hard to get them looking believable; these look reasonable, but I can't quite get them right. Just finished doing this for default G3F.

Be nice to have in future.

At least blond are harder to see, and so slightly more forgiving on the believability scale. :)

blond-eyebrows.jpg
    933 x 636 - 144K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261

She looks beautiful!  Just what V7 has been missing, can't wait to see her and the other new one you've been working on, in the store :)  -Cathy

nicstt said:

Well it is good to practice making my own, it is hard to get them looking believable; these look reasonable, but I can't quite get them right. Just finished doing this for default G3F.

At least blond are harder to see, and so slightly more forgiving on the believability scale. :)

Yeah, I've been fighting with brows for years...
    Blonde brows are a lot tougher, but not inpossible---what you need to do is get a hair color chart and photoshop swatches for hair, then find the darkest hair you can use. Issue with blonde brows is the further out you are from the camera, the more they disappear.
    But I've successfully put them on characters before.

Use brow brushes and add a slight drop shadow. That will give the brows depth and more clarity than without it. I have some really excellent brow brushes at Renderosity that have been top sellers for years. Just read the reviews if you go look---they are well loved. :) Just look for "Gypsy's Brow Brushes"
    Use a 1-2 pixel brush using your brow color, on a new layer set your brush to between 40-80 percent opacity and set layer mode to either darken or multiply.
    Thing about eyebrows, are they aren't all one color, normally---especially the lighter ones, they have color variations like they do on the head---then they have a specular line across the brow bone---that highlights the highest and/or furtherest and thereby brightest, brow point. These are all things you need to take into consideration. So tossing some hairs in that are darker helps define and show the brows off better so they don't get lost.
    If you're using Photoshop, set the shape dynamics and other dynamics to fade to get a more realistic tapering "hair" look.
    I think if you utilize some of these tips, you'll get a lot further in making believable brows.

CathyM said:

She looks beautiful!  Just what V7 has been missing, can't wait to see her and the other new one you've been working on, in the store :)  -Cathy

Thanks, Cathy! :D

I'm excited---these are my first two forrays into Genesis3. So...it's a bit different. I was just getting comfortable with G2. Now the game is completely different. Especially with IRay...whew...that's a tough one. The maps are uber sensitive and not at all forgiving. But I Forrest Gumped my way through and I'm pleased with the results. :)

Laura

nicstt said:

Blonde brows are a lot tougher, but not inpossible---what you need to do is get a hair color chart and photoshop swatches for hair, then find the darkest hair you can use. Issue with blonde brows is the further out you are from the camera, the more they disappear.

Use brow brushes and add a slight drop shadow. That will give the brows depth and more clarity than without it. I have some really excellent brow brushes at Renderosity that have been top sellers for years. Just read the reviews if you go look---they are well loved. :) Just look for "Gypsy's Brow Brushes"
    Use a 1-2 pixel brush using your brow color, on a new layer set your brush to between 40-80 percent opacity and set layer mode to either darken or multiply.
    Thing about eyebrows, are they aren't all one color, normally---especially the lighter ones, they have color variations like they do on the head---then they have a specular line across the brow bone---that highlights the highest and/or furtherest and thereby brightest, brow point. These are all things you need to take into consideration. So tossing some hairs in that are darker helps define and show the brows off better so they don't get lost.
    If you're using Photoshop, set the shape dynamics and other dynamics to fade to get a more realistic tapering "hair" look.
    I think if you utilize some of these tips, you'll get a lot further in making believable brows.

Cool thanks for the tips, and your sets look amazing; as I can only afford one atm, which would you reccommend?

nicstt said:

nicstt said:

Cool thanks for the tips, and your sets look amazing; as I can only afford one atm, which would you reccommend?

Ummm...the first set is probably the best set for what you're doing. If you need deco brows further down the line, you can always grab them later---but the first set is really good. It's "Gypsy Brow Brushes" so it's the first one. They're large enough that sizing them up to fit G3 won't be  problem.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    nicstt said:

nicstt said:

Ummm...the first set is probably the best set for what you're doing. If you need deco brows further down the line, you can always grab them later---but the first set is really good. It's "Gypsy Brow Brushes" so it's the first one. They're large enough that sizing them up to fit G3 won't be  problem.

Note to self: Make sure to grab those from the wishlist when money isnt' quite so much of an issue.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
    nicstt said:

nicstt said:

Note to self: Make sure to grab those from the wishlist when money isnt' quite so much of an issue.

All you need to do is stop buying Daz products so you can afford to buy Daz products... See, easy. :D

nicstt said:
    nicstt said:

nicstt said:

All you need to do is stop buying Daz products so you can afford to buy Daz products... See, easy. :D

How sad is that? :)
    Sad, but true...
    That's why I became a PA to begin with...my 3D habit was out of control... I needed to make money so I could give it back to DAZ.
    Another one of Dara.
    Looks like Maret may make it out the gate first, though...so hopefully this week. :)

dara-03pst.jpg
    1208 x 1700 - 602K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You are one busy artist! Keep 'em coming! 

Very nice.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Perfect!

As usual! :D

• Wow, gypsyangel is creating characters for Generation 3, great!

Squee!!

Maret is doing awesome in the sale!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Here's another one of Dara...

angelofthesilences-pst.jpg
    1650 x 1650 - 841K

Here's a 3Delight render that better shows off the skin texture...

portrait-07-a.jpg
    1075 x 1250 - 559K

Dara will be out September 28th.
    Here she is wearing an outfit by Wild Designs coming out tomorrow called Lylia Outfit for Genesis 3 Females...

It's so cute!!! :D Had to show it off...

retreat01a.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 798K
    crystal-wish-pst.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 635K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Here's Dara in the Studio looking dangerous.

Dara V7 IRay Studio Photo1.png
    750 x 1125 - 738K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

May I ask which UV she uses? I don't have V7, but the skin looks great!

Kerya said:

May I ask which UV she uses? I don't have V7, but the skin looks great!

She uses G3 UV. All my characters use the base UV except for the first few I did. So anything now uses the base model UV. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

YAY!

Kerya said:

YAY!

:D

dara-golden-pst.jpg
    1209 x 1650 - 596K
    fastbike1 said:

Here's Dara in the Studio looking dangerous.

Not really recognizing the makeup, but she looks good!

Wow...half my comment disappeared. Anyway...the image is of a pair of characters I'm redoing for the Genesis line. They've been my characters since V3/Aiko3. This was them in V4

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395

Unfortunately the issue of high heels on fantasy characters has become contentious and we are therefore removing, even light-hearted comments on the topic from this commercial thread.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Another fabulous character from you my dear and my first official stand alone Genesis 3 character purchased.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Dara in 3delight (cos i have to wait till i get my new computer to go into iray further)

she's utterly gorgeous and I am completely addicted to her makeups :D :D I've got a few more ideas with this girl, so hopefully can get the finished art up soon :)

Hopefully the forum won't kill the image, I'm putting it in my daz gallery and da gallery too so i'll link those if it looks too shite :D 

Speaking of, GypsyAngel, do you have a 'group' at DA so we can upload images we've done using your characters?

Dara_framefinal.jpg
    1662 x 957 - 881K