Seperate head from full morph?

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there is an easy way to seperate the head morph from a morph that when dialed changes the head and body at the same time. The one I'm talking about in particular is the animated boy. No option to dial the head or body by themselves. Any advice short of doing it myself in 3dsmax?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited September 2015

No easy way but you can hide all but the head or make hidden with the geometry editor and export an obj without invisible vertices and load in morph loader on selected it may be odd at neck though

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61670/creating-morphs-by-exporting-visible-geometry#latest

you would need two figures with opposite parts hidden to do separate head and body

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Thanks for the help so far. I should have said that the reason behind this is that I also scaled some of the body parts, such as the arms and legs, to make the figure thin. Now, when I pose lthe figure, the arms sometime seem distorted. For example, the forearms may seem "shrunken." The legs may look funny at the knees, as if the kneecaps are too large. When I look back at the figure in the Parameter dials, the arms, etc., all seem to be at 100% scaling. So, as an alternative to exporting just the head and face, is it possible to somehow get the arms, legs, etc., back to full size? If so, how would I do that?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    inquire said:

Thanks for the help so far. I should have said that the reason behind this is that I also scaled some of the body parts, such as the arms and legs, to make the figure thin. Now, when I pose lthe figure, the arms sometime seem distorted. For example, the forearms may seem "shrunken." The legs may look funny at the knees, as if the kneecaps are too large. When I look back at the figure in the Parameter dials, the arms, etc., all seem to be at 100% scaling. So, as an alternative to exporting just the head and face, is it possible to somehow get the arms, legs, etc., back to full size? If so, how would I do that?

Not exactly what you are looking for, but a good explanation how to do ERC freeze:

13. It is not always necessary but it is useful to do ERC Freeze on morphs, so they'd adjust skeleton of the figure with the shape. It isn't needed for small morphs but for any change in proportions or weight, it might be useful. It can be done manually but there is thankfully an automated option which works very well with the majority of morphs.

14. To do ERC Freeze, select your G3F figure with your Custom Morph_1 dialed to 100% (no other morphs should be in effect) and go to Edit-> Figure -> Rigging -> Adjust Rigging to Shape.
    Adjust Center Points and Adjust End Points should always be checked, but Adjust Orientation might be good on or off for different morphs. I usually check it on. Click accept.
    15. If you don't have ERC Freeze set up as hotkey, go to Window->Panes->Property Hierarchy window and _right_ click on this window when it pops up. Chose ERC Freeze (it should be the only one non-greyed option).
    16. In ERC Freeze window Node is Genesis 3 Female, Property is your currently active Custom Morph. Don't change anything else but make sure that all three options at bottom (Restore Figure, Apply Control Property and Restore Figure Rigging) are checked on. Click accept.

From: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/844348/#Comment_844348

• No easy way but you can hide all but the head or make hidden with the geometry editor and export an obj without invisible vertices and load in morph loader on selected it may be odd at neck though

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61670/creating-morphs-by-exporting-visible-geometry#latest

you would need two figures with opposite parts hidden to do separate head and body

OK thanks for explaining this. I remember your old thread but I had no idea what it was for! Now it all computes.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited September 2015

Yes it is odd though as obj imports still come in with the deleted vertices

so yes you can morph the two figures by translating parts but cannot apply the obj's together to one.

in Carrara vertex room or Hexagon one sees the geometry edited object as a complete wireframe figure but with only faces on the remaining half.

I am finding this rather baffling.

the only real way to do it would be completely in an external modeler like Hexagon or Carrara with the heads and body's precisely sliced and welded without changing vertex count

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • been reading this over and over .. it might as well be in Klingon .. wait no . . that would make it worse

I'm trying to do this using Hexegon to save the morph

every time I try and send to Hex with just the body or head, hex locks up . . it's very possible it's just my machine, or Hex is stuck looking for the missing part. and shoots itself

I have the morphs, just need to have some seperate dials just for the body and the head.

•  

the only real way to do it would be completely in an external modeler like Hexagon or Carrara with the heads and body's precisely sliced and welded without changing vertex count

I'm going to try that, but not sure how to send 2 different models at the same time, sounds like a lot of work, and learning

• I would not try sending over bridge but rather importing as obj files, it would have to keep the same number of vertices, the joined model so slicing out if the question, would need to join along a ring of vertex lines around neck no duplicates, Hexagon never plays nice for me anyway so not my app of choice.

i personally in Carrara would select domain of selected vertices for the head and export just that as an obj on one to apply as a morph on the other dunno how to do in Hex.

• thanks .. I understand it this time.

and explains the crash, . . well in a way it explains

I've tried Blender in the past, but always had problems getting  the morph back to DAZ, too many unsuccessful attempts I have gone Blender shy

I have had more successful attempts through Hex, and I can't afford Carrara ( really would love to play with ZBrush, but again can't afford such). I'll just need more research and playing around and  hope I can figure it out.

Thank you for the info and suggestions