models names

My big question is which model is used for the hair styles suzan, end of summer and iggy. I like some of the models used in displays, but I really love it when all extras are named below the description. The models the props, the scenes, etc... But this particular head morph is adorable!

Comments

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited September 2015

I believe it is a custom morph by the artist who did the promo images, Joelgecko.

Post edited by ThatGuy on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

A lot of times clothes and hair 'models' are custom morphs made by the vendor or the promo artist and are not for sale, unfortunately. 

LInks to the products are very useful in helping to narrow down if it is an available morph or a custom one...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448

We have just started naming the products in our packs. Not everyone yet but its a new system so we're trying to get use to it. The problem is when you do complicated scenes with dozens of props it's hard to remember what you used unless you are keeping note on everything you use.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

frank0314 said:

We have just started naming the products in our packs. Not everyone yet but its a new system so we're trying to get use to it. The problem is when you do complicated scenes with dozens of props it's hard to remember what you used unless you are keeping note on everything you use.

@frank0314 But it should be something you can extract from the scene.  Especially if you're using predominantly DAZ-delivered items, you have the manifest for all the installed items, and your scene references files that you could look up in the manifest.

--  Morgan

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited September 2015

that don't mean you know the name of the pack is. You used a table in the scene, does that mean the pack is named Table, and folders don't always coincide with the pack name so going that route is also useless. As I said you have to write down as you go.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    frank0314 said:

that don't mean you know the name of the pack is. You used a table in the scene, does that mean the pack is named Table, and folders don't always coincide with the pack name so going that route is also useless. As I said you have to write down as you go.

And people complain about Category > Vendor Name> Product Folder > Item...so dumping 20 packs into the prop folder with nothing but item folders isn't giving much to go on.  At least if everything were in Vendor subfolders it would narrow things down, some...

There is one simple solution (on the surface), but it would require more work than getting all the store content DIM ready...force the SKU as part of the items name.  So Table becomes Table-SKU.  But that only works for Daz store content...nothing for freebies or other stores.

edited September 2015

Greetings,

What?  No, I mean this...  Your .duf file has references to all the files for objects that are in it.  Each of those files is listed in a Manifest file (*.dsx) in DAZ/InstallManager/ManifestFiles.  Each manifest file has a clear ProductName.

You just need to join these together.

I wrote a 60 line Ruby script which does this, for example.  It took me about an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Here's me running it against a scene file:

Morgans-iMac:~ mrs$ ruby all_products.rb "Dropbox/Scenes/On The Tracks - Adjusted Win.duf"
    Sabby-Jamie
    Hot Uniforms - School Girl for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Rose Thorn for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Hot Pants Textures
    Memories of Summer for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Luxury Fabric Shaders
    Jaycee Complete Pack for Teen Josie 6
    Hongyu's Cowgirl 3 for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    The Old Railway
    The Old Railway Station

As I said, it only works for stuff provided by DAZ (because the manifest files are AWESOME!) but it's not that hard to do.

--  Morgan

[Edit: This scene file was for the image here.]

Post edited by CypherFOX on

But what if you don't save a scene?

Seldom when I am doing promo renders do I save a scene file...but then again, most of my promos are with just the freebie I've just made and little else.

That is a great idea, though. 

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

I would be interested in a dependency tracking system for scenes as well.This is a great idea.

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

What?  No, I mean this...  Your .duf file has references to all the files for objects that are in it.  Each of those files is listed in a Manifest file (*.dsx) in DAZ/InstallManager/ManifestFiles.  Each manifest file has a clear ProductName.

You just need to join these together.

I wrote a 60 line Ruby script which does this, for example.  It took me about an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Here's me running it against a scene file:

Morgans-iMac:~ mrs$ ruby all_products.rb "Dropbox/Scenes/On The Tracks - Adjusted Win.duf"
    Sabby-Jamie
    Hot Pants Textures
    Luxury Fabric Shaders
    The Old Railway
    The Old Railway Station

As I said, it only works for stuff provided by DAZ (because the manifest files are AWESOME!) but it's not that hard to do.

--  Morgan

[Edit: This scene file was for the image here.]

Greetings,

I made some tweaks to it, and it found all the morphs I'd used in the image, too...

Sabby-Jamie
    Hot Pants Textures
    Luxury Fabric Shaders
    The Old Railway
    The Old Railway Station
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
    Hot Pants Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    The Old Railway Thumper
    Aging Morphs 2 for Genesis 2 Female(s) HD
    Beautiful Bends for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Lilith 6 HD
    Aiko 6
    Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs

Some of the items it found are there because of items that are hidden, but for the most part it's spot-on with the things used in the scene.  This won't find stuff like props, or textureless shaders (I think), but it goes a long way.

--  Morgan

It's a wonderful and needed idea...

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    mjc1016 said:

But what if you don't save a scene?

Seldom when I am doing promo renders do I save a scene file...but then again, most of my promos are with just the freebie I've just made and little else.

That is a great idea, though. 

You don't save the scene?I do it just as crash insurance.

• So that still leaves me a couple questions: For those hair promos, 1. who is the creator/artist? 2. Can they be contacted/how? 3. Does anyone else think the model used in these renders is adorable/sellable in daz store?
    wp_ss_20150905_0001.png
    480 x 800 - 623K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

As has already been said, the character is the creation of the Promo artist. He has said previously that he will not sell her, she is his own creation, and he uses her in many of his promos.

I quote him from another thread

As Atticus Bones said, this is a character I use in my artwork. I'm using this character with specific expressions ( like her "famous" pout ) but none of them are available to the public.

I understand people would love to use some of my characters but if I were to release them, I would have to make new ones for my art to stand out...

• Well thank you very much for finding that answer for me... I have no idea who or where that was written: But great job on the character: She looks great! I'd still love to know the artist and contact info through the daz store...
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You were actually told his name. in the first reponse to this thread. Joelegecko. He may reply if you find one his threads and post a question, but he doesn't actually post in the forum much.  There is no way of contacting a PA except through using the forum tools, ie posting to a thread or a PM.

Chohole said:

You were actually told his name. in the first reponse to this thread. Joelegecko. He may reply if you find one his threads and post a question, but he doesn't actually post in the forum much.  There is no way of contacting a PA except through using the forum tools, ie posting to a thread or a PM.

A few are regular posters and answer most questions quickly and regularly.  Some are seldom posters and answer forum posts irregularly, but often return PMs quickly, while others are seldom here at all, with a few never coming around.  Most have the same forum name as they do in the store (there are a few that don't...).