SSS disappears from my figure when I convert it to an Iray shader.

When I convert my GEN1 figure to IRAY shader, the SSS features disappear from my surfaces. Is there a way to add it back or to keep them from disappearing when I convert to the Iray Base. I know this is probably something easy, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adviance!

Comments

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143

Check to make sure "Thin Walled" is turned off. When it's on, the options for "Transmitted Color" along with the other SSS options are disabled.

• gbmorphsgbmorphs Posts: 33

Pefect! Thank you!!!!

I knew it was something simple. Have a great Sunday!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

That brings up a good point — we have Iray Optimised shader converters for G2F/G2M, but what about the original Genesis, or other earlier generation figures? I think I'll put in a support ticket about this.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

It should be pretty easy, really.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692
    edited August 2015

The free Skinray Alfa 1.2 from Most Digital Creations works quite well for setting up shaders on Genesis 1 and V4. Here are a couple of quick test I did using it with a V4/G4 character and a Genesis 1 character, I dropped the glossiness a bit, but the rest are the base/default settings. It includes shaders for V4/Genesis 1 and Genesis 2. I used the UHT Hair shaders in both renders.

V4/G4

Genesis 1

Original Bridged_lev.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 630K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459

DustRider, thanks for the link!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

That brings up a good point — we have Iray Optimised shader converters for G2F/G2M, but what about the original Genesis, or other earlier generation figures? I think I'll put in a support ticket about this.

There is none for Genesis3Female Base ...