Changes made to figure in property hierarchy do not stick.

I have a figure that when its foot is bent (left or right using the bend slider) the calf deforms in a way I do not like. I simply want to prevent the calf deformation from occuring. After some research online I found that if I used the Property Hierarchy (PH) pane I could remove the effect.

Under the figure name in the PH pane I found bones / Left Foot / XRotate (Bend) / pJCMFlexCalf_L. I simply removed it using right click Remove Selected.

Under Parameters I found pJCMFlexCalf_L and pJCMFlexCalf_R. For each one, right click jump to selected property takes me to it. XRotate (Bend), for example. Under its dropdown Sub-Components / 1st Stage (Add/Subtract) I found [M] ERC [DeltaAdd] pJCMFlexCalf_L (or _R). I simply removed those (right click - Remove Selcted). Under [P] BaseFlexions (Base Flexions)  Sub-Components / 2nd Stage (Multiply/Divide) I found pJCMFlexCalf_L and pJCMFlexCalf_R and removed them.

Problem solved! Calf no longer deforms with foot bend.

However, after saving the scene file and reloading it, the controls all returned. Maddening! 

Then I tried removing every instance of pJCMFlexCalf_L and pJCMFlexCalf_R. Still returned in reload.

How can I permantly remove the automatic calf deformation caused by a foot bend with this character?  Remove it so that it does not return when reloading the scene.

Thank you!!

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

You only have to remove the Controllers (1st stage) for the pJCMs in the Properties Heirarchy.

Anyway, the ERC links are saved into the morph asset in your content directory, so every time you reload the character or scene with character it will reload your content directory and thus the morphs and their associated ERC links.

To permanently save any changes to a morph asset that is called from your content directory, you would have to go to File->Save as->Save modified assets or File->Save as->Support Assets->Morph Asset

• When you load the figure Daz Studio looks through the associated morph folders for all the proeprties and loads them onto the figure, including the oens you deleted. What you can do isntead is click the little chain icon on the sldier for the morphs - that stops the bend from triggering them, as you wish, and its state should save with the scene.

• Thank you, Lilweep and Richard for your replies.

Lilweep, would I do that for the figure? The scene? And If I save a modified morph asset for a figure, would the modified assest automatically load with the scene?

Richard, toggling the chain icon on the figure's left or right foot bend control has no effect on the calf flexing when I change the bend amount. pJCMFlexCalf_L is listed as a subcomponent in the parameter Settings for Left Foot / Bend. (It's name is XRotate.) I would just like to remove that ERC from the subcomponent list and have it stay gone. Is that possible?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,884
    edited February 2023

Toggle the chain on the JCM, not the foot. Then zero the morphs, if the foot was already bent.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • That worked, Richard. Thank you!!