Tutorial : How to fix genesis exploding in DS 4.5 saved duf file

Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303

Ok as I had this issue with at least one scene I could experiment a bit and find a way to resave the scene in DS 4.5 without genesis exploding. As I've seen many post of people having the same problem I share a workaround that worked for me. For what I've seen in my logs, it seems that even if the old Daz file loads without error, I get a lot of duplicate ID's and other "WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp..." after saving in DUF.

For what I understand, it means that the saved scene miss some morph and anything is dialed and we get an exploded genesis. I don't know the root cause of this but it could be morphs I created with morphloader and didn't save as a morph asset or morph I deleted since then or changes on genesis that I'm not aware of

So...the trick is to create a morph for genesis as it is in the loaded scene, load a new clean genesis "duf", and apply the morph, pose and material and replace the old one before deleting the old genesis and saving the scene

So let's go

1 - load the DAZ scene
2 - delete everyting but genesis. be carefull to also delete parented objects on genesis
3 - zero genesis pose
4 - export genesis as a wavefront object with DAZ preset
5 - save genesis material setting : Save as ->Material preset
6 - clear the scene and reload the DAZ scene
7 - Load the new genesis.duf as an additional figure
8 - Select the new genesis and create a morph with morph loader : Edit->figure->morph loader advanced->select the object you created with daz preset
9 - Go to parameter tab->morph->morph loader and click on the little wheel on the right of the newly created morph. Check "use limit" and "auto follow" and put it to 1 or 100% depending if you have checked "show as percent"
10 - Apply the saved material preset on the new genesis
11 - Select the old genesis and Edit->Copy->Copy figure
12 - Select the new genesis and Edit->Paste->Paste figure pose
13 - Select all garment from the old genesis and fit them to the new genesis. Reparent also all parented objects from old to new one
14 - delete the old genesis and save the scene as duf file
15 - open a second instance of DAZ Studio and load the scene and check if everything is fine

Side note : it worked for me with one genesis in the scene. I don't know what happens with more. If that was the case I would work on every genesis figure one after the other and save them one after the other as a scene subset with their garment. At the end I'd reload the DAZ scene and delete all but the lights and non related genesis prop and reload all the saved genesis subsets

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on