Problem with Macro Skin

404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
edited August 2015 in The Commons

Hello all, just got Macro Skin and i'm playing around with it. I tried to load the Nyota diffuse maps onto genesis 2 after applying macroskin. After doing so it's giving me this weird effect where it's like it has 2 sets of eyebrows...I loaded up FWSA Serena and it worked fine. Serena uses a V5 UV, and Nyota uses V6..would that have something to do with it? Can you only use V5 uv textures with Macro Skin? I did change the UVs on the figure, to no avail. Any help appreciated!

test.png
1600 x 900 - 681K
Post edited by 404nicg on

Comments

• I think the issue could be the macroset itself.  The macro skin eyebrow placement may be different of that of the skin you're using.  It looks like the macro eyebrows are a little higher than the skin you are using even though you changed the UV set on the figure.  You might have to do some image editing of the macroskin to get it to work.

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270

I think the issue could be the macroset itself.  The macro skin eyebrow placement may be different of that of the skin you're using.  It looks like the macro eyebrows are a little higher than the skin you are using even though you changed the UV set on the figure.  You might have to do some image editing of the macroskin to get it to work.

Thanks for your response! Bear with me here, what is the macroskin?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Make sure you start with Macro Skin 'without eyebrows,' which is one of the selections. THEN change the skin textures that may add eyebrows. (Though note that unless you add some sort of bump or displacement eyebrow overlay with the new skin, it will look rather flat.)

• The MacroSkin product is just a set of high resolution sets of image that contains bump maps, and specular maps.

The MacroSkin product is just a set of high resolution sets of image that contains bump maps, and specular maps.

Ahh gotcha you mean the texture maps themselves.. ok thanks

Make sure you start with Macro Skin 'without eyebrows,' which is one of the selections. THEN change the skin textures that may add eyebrows. (Though note that unless you add some sort of bump or displacement eyebrow overlay with the new skin, it will look rather flat.)

Thank you very much I'm getting there! Okay it got rid of the eyebrows but now it's giving me these gaps in the skin on the head and it looks like the lips are doing what the eyebrows were doing. Any suggestions for that?

test1.png
    1600 x 900 - 674K
    test2.png
    1600 x 900 - 741K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Looks like a UV incompatibility. The product says it uses the Victoria 5 UV, but your character has the V6 UV, so they are not overlapping correctly. 

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

In your first image the bump map was misaligned with the diffuse map, see the lip bumps are above the lips just like the eyebrow bumps are above the eyebrows.

jestmart said:

In your first image the bump map was misaligned with the diffuse map, see the lip bumps are above the lips just like the eyebrow bumps are above the eyebrows.

Ahh I did forget to switch out the bump maps..but strangely once I did i got the same effect

I think the issue could be the macroset itself.  The macro skin eyebrow placement may be different of that of the skin you're using.  It looks like the macro eyebrows are a little higher than the skin you are using even though you changed the UV set on the figure.  You might have to do some image editing of the macroskin to get it to work.

Hey question about this though...if I'm switching out all of the texture maps anyway then why would the placement of the eyebrows and lips on the macroskin matter?