Genesis 9 shape to Genesis 8?

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 138
edited February 25 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello there,

I've seen a subject to apply/transfer Genesis 8 shapes to Genesis 9 but I'm still kinda confused with the process (since english is not my mothertongue) and not sure if it can work from 9 to 8. Did anyone tried to do it? 

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 114
    edited February 2023

Thing is the process for gen 8 to 9 isn't that great cause you have to do it through daz itself atm.  Right now many are waiting for certain people to do gen 8 to gen 9 morph coversion scripts and I know there is a vendor who is said to be doing one for everyting and is known for it. (ie clothing, poses, hair, moprhs, etc.)  I just cant remember the name off top of my head atm.

EDIT: I would wait for conversion scripts to come out cause knowing this vendor, he will make one for gen 9 to gen 8.

Post edited by BAM! Renders on
  • arthenicsarthenics Posts: 138
    edited February 2023

I've seen that, and there's nothing that urgent for me but the thing is... I'm broke anyway, then it worth asking :p (even if the process to do conversion is probably tedious)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,731
    edited February 2023

Yes, technically G9 could be converted to G8 but what I did might not be the fussy way you've ever seen ~

1) Have a G9 Clone for G8 (self-made or use 88330)
    2) Fit G9 to G8
    3) Use transfer utility to transfer favorate G9's morphs from G9 to G8, and dial them in G8 plus G9 Clone
    4) Adjust rigging to shape and freeze~
    (Then you may create single head / body morphs with control if needed, Morph Loader back..)

Screenshot as below to have a V9 on G8F but there's no V9 texture assigned by now. Texture conversion will take some time ~ But still, I myself don't think such a conversion is really worthy even meaningful. You'll have none of G9's features on it but just the morphs ~ Besides, there's no way to convert HD morphs from G9 to G8 ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Oh, I will give it a try, thanks.

edited February 2023

Hum... I'm messing somewhere, it doesn't work or DAZ runs forever... or crashes.

edited February 2023

arthenics said:

Hum... I'm messing somewhere, it doesn't work or DAZ runs forever... or crashes.

What DAZ version do you use by now? Pls try to use the latest beta version which might be better for doing such a conversion though I've got no problem when doing so in both 4.21 GR and latest public build~

• I have the 4.21 with the last beta. I've tried to do things different ways but there's always something that turns wrong.

edited February 2023

arthenics said:

I have the 4.21 with the last beta. I've tried to do things different ways but there's always something that turns wrong.

Didn't get what different ways you tried but the better way is : you either use fitting / TU in DAZ or use R3DS Wrap to convert with proper setup and post-fixing. Other methods will bring you more distortion, as far as I tried~

• I'm not sure where I do wrong but based on the screenshot, I've noticed I never get the G9 Base to G8F in parameters :-s

• It still doesn't work. Is is possible to have a more detailled how-to? 

I'm probably messing somewhere between G9 Base/G9 clone/G9 custom, the point 3).

Is G9 clone, a "G9 Base" modified using parameters -> hidden -> clone -> G9 to G8?

• One has to either make or purchase/install the Genesis 9 clones for any of the rest of the Genesis clans.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/599231/making-clones-of-g9-tutorial  The thread, the tutorial is uploaded to Renderosity.

https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

edited February 2023

Look slike there is a missunderstanding, I don't try to fit clothes or hairs but duplicate/transfer/transform custom 9 figures as 8 figures.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

arthenics said:

Look slike there is a missunderstanding, I don't try to fit clothes or hairs but duplicate/transfer/transform custom 9 figures as 8 figures.

There’s no misunderstanding.
    Clone morphs are primarily used for autofit, but they're also useful to transfer a shape between two figures, as they give you an approximate "source figure" shape for the target figure.

• Hello 

I found this that may help everybody.

for gen8 shape to gen 9 

for gen9 shape to gen 8

:) :) :) 

edited February 25

Hello,

Since I've had the problem several times. If you wish to convert G9 shapes to G8 shapes, before to use of transfer utility on the G8 suit (the imported .OBJ), turn the "G8 female clone" slider to 0 (the hidden option for the Gensis 9 figure. The clone will look like the defautl G9 again) and then using the dev tool in utilities, use the "set shape" option to get the clone back to G8 shape. Distorsions can be fixed easilly after, setting clone option at -100 before exporting the new G8 shape as OBJ to creeate the morph.