Giving G2M a Masectomy

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited August 2015 in The Commons

So, my recent issues with a corrupted v4 head made by Gen2X had me thinking about it quite a bit and I thought "Can I make a G2M version of a female character?" I knew it was possible, cuz it says it can do that, but I was wondering if I could get it to work.

After a little tinkering around, I infact got it to work, making a G2F & G2M of the same character (from Genesis). (I had to do some minor tweaking of the neck size and traps size sliders to get it to overlay as exact as I could, but I was pleased with the result--(figure on the left below).

Then I thought "Now, what do I do to give him a less femine shape."  And that result has been less promising (figure on the right). I can shrink the size of his breasts, changing the Chest Circumfrance and Pectorial Weight settings, but, it causes the sternum to spike out. (2nd pic), and I can't eliminate them entirely.

SO, is there something I can do to acomplish this? Do I just not have morphs that can do it?

(In typing this up, I'm thinking "I could make seperate head/body morphs which might do it" ... then I began thinking "I wonder if the more advanced instruction I haven't read might tell me how to make a specific breast morph" and right now I'm thinking "Maybe a general G2F based breast morph rather than character specific might be the idea.")

EDIT: and right after posting I thought "hmm, I just learned about the hidden morphs to make a G3F clone for G2F...I wonder if there's a hidden morph that does what I want already?"

em test.png
1800 x 1350 - 2M
Screenshot 2015-08-27 12.16.39.png
373 x 865 - 397K
Post edited by Scavenger on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited August 2015

since they share the same mesh you can load any as a full body morph on the other using a base obj export and morph loader

G2M and F that is

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

That might reflect the thought I was just having, which was "G2M and G2F are the same physically, maybe I could copy the morph files from one folder to the other..maybe change some text.."

I've only used morph loader once..last night making the clone...I'll look into that.

So..uhh..how do you use Morph Loader to do this? I found an official Daz tutorial video which of course misses the most important information, such as "WHERE DO YOU FIND THE MORPHS YOU WANT TO LOAD".

It literaly just opens some random files to get them....no info on their origin, or where to find them so I have no idea where I'd find what file to use to get the G2F morphs :(

Morph loader loads an obj

you need to export an obj for it to load with the same base vertex count as your object

in this case G2M or F no subdiv and base resolution in 0,0,0 position with whatever morphs, shaping etc not HD you want applied

Usually to create handmade morphs one manipulates an exported object around in a modeler moving not deleting or adding any mesh, that is what morphs are and male and female of genesis 2 are the same mesh manipulated this way.

So...I load a G2F, export it as an OBJ, then load it again?

just copying files and hitting it with a text editor won't do it?

Scavenger said:

Well, neither of these worked. I literaly got an error "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." which ..I thought G2M and G2F had the same geometry.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Did you export at base resolution?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    Scavenger said:

Copying files and hitting it with a text editor will do it, and is simple enough that it can be automated if you have the skills to write scripts for your system. It involves changing a few instances of "Female" to "Male", and either adding or removing (I don't remember which) a "-1" somewhere.

I did the "Female" to "Male" put them in the male folder, but they don't appear.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440

To get it to appear on the male figure, you have to copy it from the subdirectory of /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 2/Female to a corresponding subdirectory of /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 2/Male, and make the necessary changes inside the file so that G2M recognizes it as a valid G2M morph. On some morphs, a simple Find "Female" Replace All with "Male" is sufficient, for others it won't show up until you make one more change (the one involving "-1"; examining a few morphs for both should show you exactly where).

Note that this method will not produce an exact duplicate of the G2F shape; rather, it will apply the same changes to the G2M base that the original morph makes to the G2F base.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

To get it to appear on the male figure, you have to copy it from the subdirectory of /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 2/Female to a corresponding subdirectory of /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 2/Male, and make the necessary changes inside the file so that G2M recognizes it as a valid G2M morph. On some morphs, a simple Find "Female" Replace All with "Male" is sufficient, for others it won't show up until you make one more change (the one involving "-1"; examining a few morphs for both should show you exactly where).

Note that this method will not produce an exact duplicate of the G2F shape; rather, it will apply the same changes to the G2M base that the original morph makes to the G2F base.

And you can go the other way...G2M > G2F by changing 'Male' to 'Female'.

Did you export at base resolution?

Tried that...got a single morph that does..I don't know what it's doing..I guess adding the G2F shape to G2M, which while a nice party trick, is NOT where this thread is about....

Guess I'll try to figure out the "-1"..

Ok.. Thanks to Mergatroyd, it's working now.

The female morphs have this line:

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%202/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf#GenesisFemale-1",

And it needs to be:

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%202/Male/Genesis2Male.dsf#GenesisMale",

(Because THAT makes sense...sigh)

----------------

mjc1016 said:

Are you speaking in general? Or as a solution for what I'm doing?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Scavenger said:

mjc1016 said:

Are you speaking in general? Or as a solution for what I'm doing?

In general...

But maybe for what you are trying to do, too...as in it may be easier to give, than take away...

Copied Breast Implants and Breast Size over, coverted them, and it works pretty much as I wanted. There's still the appearance of the breasts, because of the texture, but the body shape is flat, so concept worked out :D