help finding item manually installed

help finding item manually installed

i had to drag this into my daz3d library and cant find it anywhere in the library-here is the path

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Zev0

under that is folder "growing up"

Comments

• The Data folder is hidden, the new morphs will apepar as sliders on the figure.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,175
    edited January 2023

those are all the morphs on this item's page, arent there more than those? but i dont have them in parameters 

2023-01-19_170652.png
    717 x 1889 - 1011K
    Post edited by VicS on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You should not have the "Content" folder in there.

thanks jestmart

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

It's usually a better idea not to dump zip files (aka "3rd party contents") into your main library because things can get really cluttered up. What if you want to remove things? Then you'll have a hard time finding these specific files again.

Instead... just create a dedicated folder for all this, then add that folder to the Daz Studio content directory manager (either right click on the "content library pane" or press F2 and you'll find the option on the "Content" tab).

thanks SheLuser, because im pretty sure its still not showing up after i dragged data, people etc that was located under content,

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727

VicS said:

thanks SheLuser, because im pretty sure its still not showing up after i dragged data, people etc that was located under content,

You better create a DAZ library folder on another drive first of all other than using this directory on your C drive. Then press F2 in Daz Studio and configure the path of library in Content tab - Content Directory Manager.  Then use Install Manager or DAZ Central to install Zev0's product (IM.. package) instead of direct dumping. Load a G8 figure, you'll see those morph dials. For 3rd parties products, suggest use Content Wizard to install then you'll have them in Smart Content.

crosswind,

thanks ill give it it try if i can figure it out

and the reason im installing Zev itme that way is he sent me the zip because brightness manager kept making daz crash even after reinsalling, tbnough i would rather have brightnedd manager than growing up for g8f, wish i can get brightness manager to work then just delete the growing up zip he sent me

someone suggested i load a new g8f figure and the growing up morphs are there now, they would not show up with an existing figure in the file

thanks for eveyone's help