Need a trip down Memory Lane

JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Once upon a time there was a fellow named WERTS who had a lot of celebrity morphs on ShareCg. I managed to snag most of them before they were taken down. They were mostly for gen4 (I think there may have been some for gen3, but possibly I'm confusing them with Mogadeet[sp?]'s character morphs).

They were .obj files. What I can't recall was just how one imported them to the gen4 figures. Can someone give me a refresher course? I'd like to see if GenX can move them into Genesis or G2 dials for mixing.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

They will only work in Poser because they were morphs spawned from Poser.  You import them back into Poser through the Load Morph Target dialogue.

Edited to say,  I am told I am in error,  blush Morph loader Pro will load morph targets the way Poser does, but with more options.

load morph poser.jpg
    346 x 386 - 89K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Well I remember *using* them in DS3. I just don't remember the procedure. I know I needed to import the .obj, but other than loading and selecting M4 I'm blanking on the whole thing.

There is a set with a few of the morphs transferred to injection morphs, made by Marieah, also at share cg.

edited August 2015

I also found one of the morphs which has more than the simple label of what it is in the ReadMe. It says to use the MorphLoader.

Now, I know that the morphs were done when DS3 was the standard version, and I do remember the Morph Loader. I was under the impression that instead of a separate utility it's been rolled into the program with DS4+. What does one call it now, and how does one get at it.

Or, Conversely, does the old MorphLoader work in DS4.8?

Will check for Marieah's ShareCg page, but not sure the ones I need will be there. I'm trying to reproduce something done back around 2011.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,064

Morph Loader is indeed a part of DS4, and that's still its name (well, it might be "morph loader pro" now)

Edited my first post, sorry Jo, I was wrong.

edited August 2015

Yes I went checking through the store and that's what it seems to be. I selected the figure, went and found the tool, found morph and told it to load it. It *claimed* to have done it, but the figure isn't displaying the morph and I can't find it anywhere in the morphs list to apply it by a dial. There doesn't appear to be a preset anywhere either.

ETA: tried again with the Morph Loader Advanced. That one at least told me that it didn't make any changes.

Not at all sure where I go from there. I suppose I could attach the disks to the old computer and see if DS4.7 is any more sooperative, but suspect it won't be.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

MorphLoader is in 4.8...and is in two 'flavors'  Advanced and Pro (Pro is the one to use)...

If it isn't showing in your layout (looks like a 'flexed arm') then it should be in the Window > Panes (Tabs) menu at the top.

• mjc1016 said:

MorphLoader is in 4.8...and is in two 'flavors'  Advanced and Pro (Pro is the one to use)...

If it isn't showing in your layout (looks like a 'flexed arm') then it should be in the Window > Panes (Tabs) menu at the top.

No, it isn't a pane - it's a dialogue, launched from Edit>Figure or Edit>Object.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Nevermind....Richard is right, it's a script/dialogue not a pane. 

edited August 2015

Yes. That's where I found it. But it doesn't appear to work. Here's what the window shows me. If there's something else that I'm supposed to do by all means tell me. 

All I can say is that it DID work back in DS3 -- which I *really* do not want to ever try to use again.

ETA: oh wonderful, you now have to upload a broken link place holder before it will let you attach a file.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 4.22.40 PM.png
    494 x 667 - 77K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 4.23.07 PM.png
    496 x 142 - 20K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited August 2015

Look in "Morphs/Morph Loader Pro" If you didn't change the dial location in MLP, then that's where you'll find them.

The reason you got the message about No Deltas is that the morph is already loaded somewhere. Start again with a clean M4, and put it under "General" so you can find it right up front.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on

Well, tried again. Renamed the figure that supposedly has the morphs and saved as a scene. Quit Studio. Relaunched, opened the scene. And this is what is in the Morphs list. The first for the figure as a whole, the 2nd for just the head where the primary morph is supposed to be.

No Morph Loader Pro morphs at all.

I haven't moved or changed anything. Wouldn't know how.

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 10.47.12 AM.png
    189 x 468 - 35K
    Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 10.50.26 AM.png
    191 x 296 - 22K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,337

I wouldn't mind a step by step with images how to on this as I can't seem to get past what to do once I bring my object with morph back into Daz and try to use Morph Loader Pro.  Every tut I have seen so far tells you to use it but not how to use it, other then you need to save it.