How can I do a COMPLETE uninstall do DazCentral and Daz3D Studio...

I've run into a variety of issues across the board after trying to locate an offending morph that was interfering with a 3rd party product. Gave up trying to track it down from a large-asset full package and attempted to just reinstall Daz3D, moving all of the assets to an unknown location as far as Daz was concerned.

After going through the reinstall, DCentral convinced DStudo that all of the assets purchased through you guys were loaded, even though they were not. All of the 3rd party assets shode up with the exclamation mark. With the reinstall came a LOT of issues and missing items in the UI, as well as other problems.

I want a way, which I have spent hours looking for, to completely uninstall any presence of Daz3D and DazCentral from my system.

Comments

• Delete the .dsx files in the Manifests folder in the folder Daz Central writes to to clear its list, in Daz Studio open the Content Library option menu (the lined button in the top corner orr ight-click the tab), select Content DB Maintenance, check Reset Database, adn click Accept - note that if Daz Studio is allowed to go online it will rdownload your product list and show everything greyed out.

• Thx. On it.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Delete the .dsx files in the Manifests folder in the folder Daz Central writes to to clear its list, in Daz Studio open the Content Library option menu (the lined button in the top corner orr ight-click the tab), select Content DB Maintenance, check Reset Database, adn click Accept - note that if Daz Studio is allowed to go online it will rdownload your product list and show everything greyed out.

Sorry for the time it took to respond after trying to follow through on these instructions, life being what it is, I had put doing work on Daz on the back burner. Now, I have tried following the instructions to delete the dsx files, running into a small problem: there is no Manifests folder in Daz Central's folder or any folder except for one in the Windows/WinSxS. 

I successfully followed the Reset Database which worked fine. 

Now, because I could not find a way to delete the dsx files or reset the Daz Central database, I have to uninstall all Open files and reinstall them individually.

Thanx for helping me with the Daz3D issue (honestly). Even with the DC issue, it has made resetting Daz3D to a clean copy doable. smiley

• As far as I know Central places its Manifests in a sub-folder of the root folder, alongside the Downloads folder (and Thumbnails folder). You could install Install Manager, which will then show the individual paths in its Advanced settings (in the Installation tab).