DAZ Studio renders empty background as black

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, Daz Studio renders empty background as solid black... (using windows 7 empty space got rendered as "viewport blue" when rendering to JPG and as white when rendering to PNG)

How do I get Daz Studio to render to a white background again? (Or a blue one if I pick the JPG format?)

Thanks a lot,

Me

Comments

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

I've never seen Studio offer that behavior. Usually, it renders transparent, and if saved as a .jpg if fills in the transparent sections as RGB 000000 (black). Saved as .png, the transparency is maintained.

I have to ask, though: Which version of Studio are you using, and have you possibly upgraded recently? WinBlows 10 does some squirrelly stuff, but that shouldn't be one of them. Poser, on the other hand...

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126

Window > Panes (Tabs) > Envrionment

Select "Backdrop" as the Type, then choose either a color or a background image.

• Thanks!

Daz Studio 4.8

that backdrop thing does the trick !!!

What happens if I use a backdrop like this (solid colour) and render as PNG? Does the backdrop count as transparant?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• If you tell the backdrop to render you will not get transpaency in PNGs or alpha channels in Tiff, if you want those you must leave the backdrop empty (set active type to None).