Billiards

Does anyone know where I can find this room used here?
https://www.daz3d.com/im-billiards-poses

thanks

Comments

• mdingmding Posts: 1,144

looks like:

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-sports-bar

Red hanging lamps and "Traditional pub food" sign

• I do have to point out that the game appears to be American pool, not billiards or even snooker.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,214
    edited January 2023

Regarding poolballs, what is the story behind the tiny balls that the Australians have?  I've played a lot of American Pool and our balls are bigger than the Australian's by at least 1/3.yes  On my sabbatical trip around half the world, I found myself in the middle of the desert, in Daly Waters (hmm..., or was it Tennant Creek?), Northern Territories, Australia, halfway between Darwin and Alice Springs, at the only building in town (a bar..., who would'a guessed), and participated in a game the locals laughingly called "pool".  They thought I was a newb and spouted a list of impossible rules, but I fooled them, I went along with their ridiculous rules and didn't do half-bad even though I was engineered to lose, it's just a game.  But Australians have such cute little balls.smiley  I noticed them in bars in Sydney and Cairns too.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

They are so much better so need to even it outfrown

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Regarding the poses, I don't think you can put any generation DAZ humanoids in realistic pool/snooker/billiard poses. I can hardly do it in real life, heh..

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

I also noticed that is a 9 ball rack on the table, diamond shape, rather than a fifteen ball rack which is a triangle :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

LeatherGryphon said:

Regarding poolballs, what is the story behind the tiny balls that the Australians have?  I've played a lot of American Pool and our balls are bigger than the Australian's by at least 1/3.yes  On my sabbatical trip around half the world, I found myself in the middle of the desert, in Daly Waters (hmm..., or was it Tennant Creek?), Northern Territories, Australia, halfway between Darwin and Alice Springs, at the only building in town (a bar..., who would'a guessed), and participated in a game the locals laughingly called "pool".  They thought I was a newb and spouted a list of impossible rules, but I fooled them, I went along with their ridiculous rules and didn't do half-bad even though I was engineered to lose, it's just a game.  But Australians have such cute little balls.smiley  I noticed them in bars in Sydney and Cairns too.indecision

we usually call that Eightball 

• Fishtales said:

I also noticed that is a 9 ball rack on the table, diamond shape, rather than a fifteen ball rack which is a triangle :)

In college I took a billiards class for fun (how can you go wrong playing pool for an hour three times a week and getting a credit for it) and nine ball quickly became my preference over the regular game of pool everyone knows and loves. 

edited January 2023

I'm only familiar with basic American bar room pool (if there is such a thing) and don't know nutt'n about no billy yards nor schnookers.  But I did notice that the pooltables in that little bar in the Australian desert had rounded corners on the pocket bumpers.  (That, and that the balls were smaller.)  But the rounded corners threw me.  I was used to the sharp-ish pocket corner bumpers of my usual tables, but with rounded corner bumpers there were so many more possibilities.surprise​  Until then I hadn't realized that billiard type games and equipment had such varying sizes and designs and ways to play them, around the world.yes

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,440

We certainly played Snooker in Canada.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

I played snooker a lot when at high school, from about 12/13, and through into my late twenties but I couldn't play pool when they started putting tables in the pubs...the table was too small and I kept hitting the cue ball too hard and it would hit the cushion and bounce off the table :)

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

In the UK the game for the seriously talented is snooker and that is a major TV sporting spactacle with many tournaments televised during the year. Snooker seems to have become a major sport in China too. But in the UK bars (and in homes with a big enough play-room), the fun game for the casual player is pool. However, I did notice a difference when I visited the US with their big pool balls and smaller tables. The game I have always played is the one using a triangle and the balls are divided into stripes and solid colours. I never knew what the numbers on the balls were for.

edited January 2023

marble said:

In the UK the game for the seriously talented is snooker and that is a major TV sporting spactacle with many tournaments televised during the year. Snooker seems to have become a major sport in China too. But in the UK bars (and in homes with a big enough play-room), the fun game for the casual player is pool. However, I did notice a difference when I visited the US with their big pool balls and smaller tables. The game I have always played is the one using a triangle and the balls are divided into stripes and solid colours. I never knew what the numbers on the balls were for.

I believe there are games where the numbers are to be sunk in order.  But in games I played, the order didn't matter except that the black "8-ball" was to be last and determine the winner.  Mostly what I used the numbers for was identifying the ball I intended to sink, when playing game rules that required that a sunk ball counted but terminated your turn unless you had sucessfully pre-called the exact path a series of balls were to take, before eventually sinking the called ball, regardless of how many other balls were hit in the process.  e.g.. I call "3-ball' off the rail, then off the "7" into the pocket.  I loved "call" games because I did pretty well at two-bounce shots.  (Yet another skill completely evaporated.)frown

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

mding said:

looks like:

Thank you so much, just saw this had replies.  and I did not name the poses to the other comments.  Just asked about a room

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited May 2023

mding said:

looks like:

It is from FG Sports Bar. I just rendered the table for you. Quick render with default Iray dome.

FG-Sports-Bar-Pool-Table.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    FG Sports Bar Pool Table 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    FG Sports Bar Pool Table 3_cr.jpg
    1770 x 996 - 254K
    Post edited by hjake on
  • AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

Thank you, very nice