Iray Bloom Flash Suit

How would you get bloom just from the lights on the suit? I can do overall bloom but can't isolate it to the suit lights.

Comments

• Awesome look on the mask.  Is this a custom mod or creation?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited July 2017
    HitManWA said:

How would you get bloom just from the lights on the suit? I can do overall bloom but can't isolate it to the suit lights.

You'd have to render it in a scene by itself with the only light source the emission you've turn on for those stripes. So you'd basically just render that man posed as is make everything but the yellow stripes invisible (lot of setup) and then render with alpha background and paste in the scene you have above.

I'm pretty sure those that those that are familiar with photoshop, image filters, and postwork can tell you a faster & easier way though.

It would be nice to at a slider for bloom effect when we turn on emissive light though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • HitManWA said:

You'd have to render it in a scene by itself with the only light source the emission you've turn on for those stripes. So you'd basically just render that man posed as is make everything but the yellow stripes invisible (lot of setup) and then render with alpha background and paste in the scene you have above.

I'm pretty sure those that those that are familiar with photoshop, image filters, and postwork can tell you a faster & easier way though.

It would be nice to at a slider for bloom effect when we turn on emissive light though.

nonesuch00 how would  i do that (i'm new

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

This technique doesn't have to be difficult, but it's not for beginners. You may want to get a little more experience under your belt before you try it, but the general steps are these:

1. Render your scene in Iray as you normally would. Save the file.

2. In the render settings tab, choose Advanced, click the Canvasses tab, then click on the Canvasses option to turn it on.

3. In the Type list, choose Emission (the Alpha option has no affect here).

4. Go back to the Editor tab and choose the Filtering subgroup.

5. Adjust the Bloom filter according to the tip sheet here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/4_8/start

Adjust the bloom as you see fit, but it can also be enhanced in yor graphics program; see below.

6. Render the scene, and save it.

7. In Photoshop or other graphics program (GIMP is free), take the bloom image and put it on top of the regular image as a separate layer.

8. Use the tools in the graphics program to "knock out" the black background. This can be done, for example, by selecting the flood fill tool, and choosing the Clear mode.

You can increase or alter the bloom effect by manipulating the emissives layer.

Sounds complicated, but really isn't. It just entails a lot of steps.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Tobor said:

This technique doesn't have to be difficult, but it's not for beginners. You may want to get a little more experience under your belt before you try it, but the general steps are these:

1. Render your scene in Iray as you normally would. Save the file.

2. In the render settings tab, choose Advanced, click the Canvasses tab, then click on the Canvasses option to turn it on.

3. In the Type list, choose Emission (the Alpha option has no affect here).

4. Go back to the Editor tab and choose the Filtering subgroup.

5. Adjust the Bloom filter according to the tip sheet here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/4_8/start

Adjust the bloom as you see fit, but it can also be enhanced in yor graphics program; see below.

6. Render the scene, and save it.

7. In Photoshop or other graphics program (GIMP is free), take the bloom image and put it on top of the regular image as a separate layer.

8. Use the tools in the graphics program to "knock out" the black background. This can be done, for example, by selecting the flood fill tool, and choosing the Clear mode.

You can increase or alter the bloom effect by manipulating the emissives layer.

Sounds complicated, but really isn't. It just entails a lot of steps.

Thanks! This is helpful! :)