Our Late Christmas Gift to You Coupon - Can't Get it to Work

2»

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,342
    edited January 2023

nonesuch00 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently

That's the problem. Only people who haven't spent much are getting them. Maybe we should stop spending. 

I have spent a lot of money here at the DAZ Store. Are you sure you are signed up for promotional emails?

At any rate, I just tried the coupon again & it still doesn't work anyway. 2023 Jan 10 @ 08:51 MST / 10:51 EST / 15:51 GMT

Yes as far as I Know I am signed up.; but I don't know how to check to be sure I am still signed up.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Charlie Judge said:

nonesuch00 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently

That's the problem. Only people who haven't spent much are getting them. Maybe we should stop spending. 

I have spent a lot of money here at the DAZ Store. Are you sure you are signed up for promotional emails?

At any rate, I just tried the coupon again & it still doesn't work anyway. 2023 Jan 10 @ 08:51 MST / 10:51 EST / 15:51 GMT

Yes as far as I Know I am signed up.; but I don't know how to check to be sure I am still signed up.

I'm not sure if this is it but under "Alerts & Messages" are radio buttons for "Wishlist Sales", "Cart Reminders", and "SMS Messages". I have the 1st 2 on & the 3rd one (SMS Messages) off.

Anyway, for those that still haven't used the GIFT4U coupon it's been fixed so that I could buy the Gingerbread Man | Daz 3D so I think it will work as intended now for all items it was supposed to work for.

• The correct items are now associated with the sale, so please try again.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Wow... I can't believe I'm feeling guilty for having a code from Daz, because I haven't been spending. My life has turned to total and utter crud lately, so it's a miracle that I'm spending at all!

Regardless, the code seems to be working now. Thanks.

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350

Yeah, I'm also signed up for promotional emails and have bought a lot this season, and didn't get this code. Perhaps they only sent it to people who haven't purchased that much lately as an incentive to buy. 

• Charlie Judge said:

Wonderland said:

Guess they forgot me then. LOL 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Was the late Christmas present thing ever fixed? GIFT4U isn't working for me...

I also noticed that by default the checkout keeps trying to apply my remaining store credit... I don't know if that's a new thing or just some recent bug.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867

N-RArts said:

Wow... I can't believe I'm feeling guilty for having a code from Daz, because I haven't been spending. My life has turned to total and utter crud lately, so it's a miracle that I'm spending at all!

Regardless, the code seems to be working now. Thanks.

don't feel guilty

and I don't mind missing out because I spend too much already and such things only encourage it , like chocolate when I am dieting

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently. 

I agree... I've spent hundreds over the past few months and no coupon to show for it :(

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2023

Llola Lane said:

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently. 

I agree... I've spent hundreds over the past few months and no coupon to show for it :(

I agree with you - it is unfair. I felt the same some time ago when I saw that there had been a "Loyalty" voucher from which I was excluded. I thought that 15 years of purchases clearly didn't count as "loyalty".

Post edited by marble on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

The donkey that is already trotting doesn't get a carrot. wink

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

That doesn't make sense to me. I bought quite a bit over the holidays, including the horse bundle, and I got the email coupon. 

• Some coupons and other offers reward big spenders, some encourage the more intermittent. How they are targeted will vary, so it isn't really possible to say from without who should or shouldn't be in any particular offer. I'm sur tose of use with ...largish ..  order histories do better in the long run than those with more self-restraint.

• McGyver said:

Was the late Christmas present thing ever fixed? GIFT4U isn't working for me...

It was, but I think it ended entirely at Daz-midnight.

I also noticed that by default the checkout keeps trying to apply my remaining store credit... I don't know if that's a new thing or just some recent bug.

It's been like that for quite a while now, I assume delibeately. I would think people with credit would use it mor often than not, so it seems reasonable, but you could add a feature request to make the setting sticky.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,627

I can't say why they sent it or who they sent it to. I can say, I got one and I used it. So, thanks Daz.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited January 2023

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" to DAZ. Not sure why I got the late Christmas gift coupon code, but it is very appreciated! Being someone who is typically on the bottom tier of discount offers because I don't spend a lot, it's nice to get a little perk every now and then.

As Richard noted:

Some coupons and other offers reward big spenders, some encourage the more intermittent. How they are targeted will vary, so it isn't really possible to say from without who should or shouldn't be in any particular offer. I'm sure those of use with ...largish ..  order histories do better in the long run than those with more self-restraint.

For those of us who don't spend a lot, typically big discounts don't come our way very often (i.e. almost never). This makes all of the sales "fun" here merely a spectator sport for us. I was reminded just how many great offers and discounts I don't get when I purchased one of the V9 bundles. Then again with the Christmas punch card sale, and my max %off was 25%, while many posting here in the forums were getting 35% off because they spent more.

A current example of how much big purchasers can save here, with the new Ivar 9 Mega Bundle some people are getting 2 orange banners. One for 30% off, and another for 20% off. That certainly adds up to a whole lot more than $5.00 surprise.(about 10X more at approximately $51.00). So while I can definitely sympathize with those who spend a lot and feel left out because you didn't get the $5.00 gift, keep in mind that if you are a big spender you get a lot more discounts than a measly $5.00. For those who aren't big spenders and didn't get the gift, I definitely can relate to feeling left out. But, DAZ will no doubt give you a gift code or orange banner that I won't get in the next year, because that's just the way it seems to work.

Post edited by DustRider on
  • Blank_CanvasBlank_Canvas Posts: 36
    edited January 2023

Nice job with this [mess]. Didn't get it to work and now it is expired.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

It isn't so much the marketing strategies - such as whether spending more often sends you to the back of the queue for gift vouchers - it is the way these things are promoted. As I said above regarding "Loyalty" rewards that actually do not reward real loyalty, the gift voucher is also not a "thank you" for those who have been spending with DAZ but an enticement to those who have not. Personally I just take advantage of gift vouchers or big discounts whenever they appear because I don't have the budget to spend constantly or heavily. That's why I don't like discounts being conditional on purchases of new products that I would never buy on their own merits or at that price. I am not buying G9 and so many sales offeres are conditional on a G9 purchase that my spending has actually dropped significantly since G9 was introduced.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Agreed, the "Loyalty" rewards are always for those who spend a lot now, not for those of us who have been here spending moderately for many many years. I guess it all depends on how you define loyalty?

DustRider said:

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" to DAZ. Not sure why I got the late Christmas gift coupon code, but it is very appreciated! Being someone who is typically on the bottom tier of discount offers because I don't spend a lot, it's nice to get a little perk every now and then.

As Richard noted:

Some coupons and other offers reward big spenders, some encourage the more intermittent. How they are targeted will vary, so it isn't really possible to say from without who should or shouldn't be in any particular offer. I'm sure those of use with ...largish ..  order histories do better in the long run than those with more self-restraint.

For those of us who don't spend a lot, typically big discounts don't come our way very often (i.e. almost never). This makes all of the sales "fun" here merely a spectator sport for us. I was reminded just how many great offers and discounts I don't get when I purchased one of the V9 bundles. Then again with the Christmas punch card sale, and my max %off was 25%, while many posting here in the forums were getting 35% off because they spent more.

A current example of how much big purchasers can save here, with the new Ivar 9 Mega Bundle some people are getting 2 orange banners. One for 30% off, and another for 20% off. That certainly adds up to a whole lot more than $5.00 surprise.(about 10X more at approximately $51.00). So while I can definitely sympathize with those who spend a lot and feel left out because you didn't get the $5.00 gift, keep in mind that if you are a big spender you get a lot more discounts than a measly $5.00. For those who aren't big spenders and didn't get the gift, I definitely can relate to feeling left out. But, DAZ will no doubt give you a gift code or orange banner that I won't get in the next year, because that's just the way it seems to work.

This ^ Well said :) 

I wonder, do I get in trouble for mentioning I have one of those orange banner thingies right now? Says for intended recipients and expires tonight.surprise

Torquinox said:

I wonder, do I get in trouble for mentioning I have one of those orange banner thingies right now? Says for intended recipients and expires tonight.surprise

Well, I got one too - this time thanking me for my G9 purchases and offering me a discount on some Ivar 9 promotions. Needless to say that I have not purchased ANY G9 products and am not interested in Ivar 9.

edited January 2023

marble said:

Torquinox said:

Well, I got one too - this time thanking me for my G9 purchases and offering me a discount on some Ivar 9 promotions. Needless to say that I have not purchased ANY G9 products and am not interested in Ivar 9.

Mine says build own fastgrab flash bundle, 70% off up to 3 items. Not bad! It takes the 70% off the discounted price on sale items. So, I bought something. smiley

Post edited by Torquinox on