Our Late Christmas Gift to You Coupon - Can't Get it to Work

I received a coupon from DAZ a 1/2 hour or so ago for $5 DAZ originals. I don't see a minimum purchase price requirement, but I keep getting an error code when I try to use it. The items I've tried are not Fast Grab or DAZ+ items. I've tried the dForce Oni Shadow Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and the dForce Victorian Vampire Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males. Where am I screwing up?

Comments

• Is this email or onsite message?

• I just reported this in the Sales thread. It's good to know it's not just me it's broken for.

• Doesn't work for me either. Also it doesn't say what it excludes so you could spend forever working out what you get $5 off!! Is it worth it!!
  • maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this email or onsite message?

It's an email, Richard. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Gingerbread Man | Daz 3D

A very old DAZ Originals at $4.54 but the GIFT4U coupon is not working.

• OK, flagged these issues up.

• While you're at it, flag up the onsite one as well, please. Code: DAZ-FOR-2023. It doesn't work either.

• Please try again, at least on the emailed one.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited January 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Please try again, at least on the emailed one.

Email one still doesn't work on the item I tried in my OG report. The onsite worked however.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324

I also got the email and have tried using it. It keeps saying invalid. Another fail.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2023

Can both of the above codes be used together?

Post edited by marble on
  • marble said:

Can both of the above codes be used together?

Not on the same order, I'm afraid, since there is space for only one code.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

I can confirm the DAZ-FOR-2023 code is working but GIFT4U is not.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2023

The GIFT4U won't work on Daz+. I hate these restrictions. It's not for me to say any entity should give customers a breaak with a promotion, but if you're going to have a promotion, then have a promotion without all the drama. EDIT: GIFT4U doesn't work on regular Daz originals.

Post edited by mwokee on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

My emailed one also doesn't work.

After trying three or four different items, ensuring that they were DAZ originals, not Fastgrab, not Platinum Plus, etc., I just gave up. Maybe next time.

GIFT4U is still not working at 8:17 / 23:17 GMT

• GIFT4U still isn't working for me either. 

• GIFT4U doesn't work for me either.

Tried a few different items that would qualify.

Nope - I just tried GIFT4U and it shows as invalid although the item I chose complies with the conditions.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently. 

• So far I have found it only works for me with 1 item only:  https://www.daz3d.com/uv-swap-for-genesis-81 ;   I haven't figured out how any of the other items I tried don't meet the criteria.  

• It finally worked for me when I snagged a wild west pose set. Huzzah, progress!

• After some testing, it seems to only work with certain vendors. so far I've found that all products I tested from capsces digital ink, Redz Studio, Sloshwerks and Lunchlady that are DAZ Originals and not DAZ+ seem to work, but there are probably more. don't know why these vendors and others not though.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently

That's the problem. Only people who haven't spent much are getting them. Maybe we should stop spending. 

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited January 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Wonderland said:

How are some people getting these codes and not others? Seems unfair as I've spent a lot here recently

That's the problem. Only people who haven't spent much are getting them. Maybe we should stop spending. 

It would be an incentive to get people who have not purchased in a while to buy something. Many places do that. I get Uber coupons all the time and I have not used the service in a year. It helps keep them on my radar.

They probably should have worded it differently than a late Christmas gift. Maybe come home to DAZ to start 2023 on the right foot, then they could offer the right glass slipper for free and sell the left one for $5. A great way to use your coupon. :-)

Post edited by hjake on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Wonderland said:

I've really clamped down on spending because of the drastic increase of pricing the last two years. I used GIFT4U to purchase a low priced item, I spent a total of 25 cents. Comments from others sound like Daz is having no problem shoveling in the dollars so I don't think prices will be coming back down any time soon. The usual Supply/Demand and the demand is keeping prices up and out of my reach. But they did get 25 cents out of me. :p

I have also not been spending since the focus of all the sales turned to G9. I am not intending to invest in G9 products and I have most of what I need from the available stock of G8 content. So there's not much need to spend here at the moment. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556

I'm not spending for several reasons. The main one is, I have more than enough stuff to do plenty! No point to buying more until more is actually needed. Shopping and rendering are two different activities, after all.

Charlie Judge said:

Wonderland said:

I have spent a lot of money here at the DAZ Store. Are you sure you are signed up for promotional emails?

At any rate, I just tried the coupon again & it still doesn't work anyway. 2023 Jan 10 @ 08:51 MST / 10:51 EST / 15:51 GMT

apocalypse_cow said:

After some testing, it seems to only work with certain vendors. so far I've found that all products I tested from capsces digital ink, Redz Studio, Sloshwerks and Lunchlady that are DAZ Originals and not DAZ+ seem to work, but there are probably more. don't know why these vendors and others not though.

The coupon worked for the criteria you described but since the terms of the coupon say that this Gingerbread Man | Daz 3D is available to use with the GIFT4U coupon I am holding out until this evening to see if they get it fixed.