Product Library dissappearing

Comments

• I just saw a notice at the top:

Unfortunately we are experiencing a delay in the delivery of files to customers. We are very sorry for the inconvenience! But don't worry, we are still recording every purchase made and you will be able to receive your files as soon as the download service is back online, either through DIM or by directly downloading them.

Thank you for your patience,
    The folks at DAZ.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153

update/indication when it will be solved would be nice?

have 13 pages in my product library now, but the purchase from this morning (7 hours ago) is still missing

• david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 109
    edited August 2015

thanks. I see i have 2 pgs out of 10 back now in product library.

Post edited by david_macrae on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

I have 3 pages now, but a load of gaps. There are no links for DS itself in there at all!

CHEERS!

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited August 2015

Items are also missing from my purchase history. I have opened a ticket before seeing this thread.

Anyway the items that are no longer available in our purchase history do no appear on the store pages when you hide the items that you own. These items are thus still recognized as purchased even if they can't be downloaded from our purchase history.

Post edited by Unseen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

Please note this Post, earlier in this thread, from DAZ 3D  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/886708/#Comment_886708   which says

DAZ_Rawb said:
    We have isolated and identified the problem and are actively working on it right now but unfortunately it is a lot of data and transfer rates are the slowest point right now.

And also this one

DAZ_Rawb said:

The data is still there, there are redundant backups both at the datacenter and my the office so there isn't any worries about us losing this. Unfortunately shuffling around multiple terabytes takes some time to finish so I can't give a firm ETA but you should start seeing the a selection of products appear over the next little while.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Burn it all I say, but that's just me angel

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I thought I was having an issue with Genesis while trying to install some programs and unistalled and went to reinstall and now I have nothing, can't even reinstall Genesis. I guess this falls under the DAZ SOON status .. Maybe we will be able to download from DIM in about a week.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Just to give you all an update:

• We are still restoring data from a backup on the download servers. We have gotten a number of ETA's from the datacenter on how long this will take but their ETA's are varyingn widely so I don't have any solid information to send your way.
    • It is a bit of a manual process to let the server know what files have been restored so this is why some customers are seeing "clumps" of products appear in their download list at a time.
    • Purchases and your list of owned products are unaffected. So you pervious purchases and any new purchases will be there for you when those files are restored.
    • This was not as a result of any malicious activity.

I'll be back to update further a bit later.

• good to know it isn't a hacker or virus 

• neweliesnewelies Posts: 18

Oh wow I thought I was just being jjipped or something, kinda glad to see its being worked on and others are experiencing it! I submitted a help request so....maybe disregard that lol. 

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

I also submitted a help desk ticket.  It looks like some of my product library is back but by no means all of it.   I personally do not want to have to go and match all my invoices against my product library and submit help desk tickets to have it all the missing parts restored. 

Please be patient and let the guys work.  DAZ_Rawb has said he will keep you posted

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited August 2015

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without commenting? I bookmarked this one but is that the same? Will i get email notifications of updates?

Post edited by jimmulvaney on
    edited August 2015

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without commenting? I bookmarked this one but is that the same? Will i get email notifications of updates?

If you bookmark it you will get updates

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Is this why there's no new products and no sale today?

Is this why there's no new products and no sale today?

That would be my guess. Not really fair to PA's if people know they can't download immediately and skip bying during the intro sale.

Providing you have also checked that your Notification Preferences in your profile are set to recieve emails.

Sorry about that shadow, I clicked the wrong button blush

Chohole said:

Providing you have also checked that your Notification Preferences in your profile are set to recieve emails.

Sorry about that shadow, I clicked the wrong button blush

No worries, Glad you added the part I missed cheekyyes

• 4 pages back out of 10. It is slowly coming back. The good news is the product I was looking for is there now. I keep everything backed up on both my machine and a time machine backup however I did nor properly install one item so conssequently the backup was wrong too.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Is this why there's no new products and no sale today?

That would be my guess. Not really fair to PA's if people know they can't download immediately and skip bying during the intro sale.

I would have to agree that its not fair to the PA's.  However I dont think its a good idea to add more records to a database thats already 'having issues" so I wont be purchasing till this  is all sorted out.  Hopefully DAZ will extend the intro sale days for the PA's so that they dont lose out.

• GreeboGreebo Posts: 160

DAZ_Rawb
    Thanks for the Info update, it's good that you take the time to keep us informed

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

I just want my bus back.
    https://www.daz3d.com/bus-maxis
    Shows for me as purchaced, but doesn't come up in my library. Just like everyone else. Figures that now is the time for me to need it.

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010

Just my luck...it appears you'll give me anything BUT my latest purchase and I'm under a serious time crunch here. I have to leave, and I needed this for work. Can you give me ANY idea of when I can get my purchase?

Same here,

There also seems to be everything else I've bought, but no DS.

CHEERS!

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

We must have all decided to buy the same product this morning.  :-)  Going to check notifications in Preferences.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

It's not quite restoring in a direct oldest to newest order but it seems to be favoring older products. A large collection of them are back over but there are still some to go. Sorry for the inconvenience but we are getting close to having everything back up and ready to download.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

The most recent purchases seem to still be incomplete. I believe that they will load later since the older files seem to be restored quicker than the new ones.

edited August 2015
    Jan19 said:

We must have all decided to buy the same product this morning.  :-)  Going to check notifications in Preferences.

You're a blast from the past! How are you!?

Just noticed there's a flash sale on for G2F products, how long is it on for as you have the Olympia 6 HD Add On in that sale and I want to add her to my cart. Is it safe for me to do so!?

CHEERS!

EDIT: Got her anyway, 60% off was too good to miss!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    DAZ_Rawb said:

It's not quite restoring in a direct oldest to newest order but it seems to be favoring older products. A large collection of them are back over but there are still some to go. Sorry for the inconvenience but we are getting close to having everything back up and ready to download.

Thanks for your efforts. Hopefully people will now backup the purchases on their computer or an external harddrive. (I have WD My Passport, had several for years, never crashed, highly recommend.)  Relying on someone else to have your digital content is probably not your best option.

What if it HAD been a hacker and the files were lost? 

It's understandable to be frustrated over the latest releases/purchases though, and that's what many people are upset about.