A quick double check about the legally sharing a geograph

Ok, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just need to make sure...

I've had issues with the Ears on the  Anubis for Genesis by Debra Ross, they simply are too big for some purposes. Since the ears contain a large amount of the head mesh, simple "Ear Be Gone" morphs, as well as any of the geographs I tried, didn't work, and usually left a distorted mess. I have a couple solutions, but the quickest one was to create a new geograph that covered the ears and the affected parts of the head mesh. It's ugly, and not well done, but it works in some situations and wish to share it freely with others who might have similar issues, as they might get a idea on improving it further. 

The Geograph is 100% custom, and only contains enough Genesis Mesh to be able to load onto a Genesis Figure. If I understand the rules correctly, this is acceptable, as If I recall in a similar thread a while back, it was stated that if it weren't acceptable a number of PA's would be in some hot water. But since I can't search for that thread anymore, I just need to verify that this was indeed the case, at least for Genesis. Attached is a image of the graft.  On a side note: Can we please get the search feature fixed in a way I can actually search the forums for information? Please?

geograph.png
1024 x 768 - 237K

Comments

• Yes, this is OK - the relevant bit of the EULA is

Three Dimensional Works. DAZ wishes to encourage the expansion of the catalog of Content available to its users. Accordingly, User may access, use, copy, and modify the Content to create one or more derived or additional three-dimensional works provided that:

• any such derived or additional three-dimensional works are designed to require or encourage the use of Content available through the online DAZ store either by (i) requiring the use of such Content to function, or (ii) allowing only limited function when not used in conjunction with Content from the online DAZ store; and
    • upon receipt of a written request from DAZ, User will immediately cease any and all distribution of the derived or additional three-dimensional works User has created from the Content, if DAZ has determined, in its sole discretion, that (i) such additional or derived work is substantially similar to or is a clone of existing Content; or (ii) such additional or derived work fails to require or encourage the use of Content available through the online DAZ store as described above.
  • cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505

Yes, this is OK - the relevant bit of the EULA is

Three Dimensional Works. DAZ wishes to encourage the expansion of the catalog of Content available to its users. Accordingly, User may access, use, copy, and modify the Content to create one or more derived or additional three-dimensional works provided that:

• any such derived or additional three-dimensional works are designed to require or encourage the use of Content available through the online DAZ store either by (i) requiring the use of such Content to function, or (ii) allowing only limited function when not used in conjunction with Content from the online DAZ store; and
    • upon receipt of a written request from DAZ, User will immediately cease any and all distribution of the derived or additional three-dimensional works User has created from the Content, if DAZ has determined, in its sole discretion, that (i) such additional or derived work is substantially similar to or is a clone of existing Content; or (ii) such additional or derived work fails to require or encourage the use of Content available through the online DAZ store as described above.

Thank you, I thought as much, but where sometimes "it is better to Beg forgiveness than to ask permission", This is one of those times when "It is better to ask permission than to Clean up the mess after".