Ghostly Assistance

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

I know this might be to old for this forum, but im praying someone may know.  I am using Poseworks pwGhost in DS2.3 to create a ghostly image similar the fallen jedi's from Star Wars that alive Jedi's can commune with.  More specifically, a ghost, that maintain their color/texture pattern, however have faded appearances.  Is there a trick to making this work for pwGhost and perhaps pwEffect?

-MJ

Comments

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I'm guessing you're using 3Delight? 

If you use lights that are diffuse only, so without the specular, that might cut some of the saturation of the character (at least, you add specular light to fix low saturation with AoA lights, I recall, so the reverse might be true)..  A geoshell with a blue tint with a low opacity should give you the right glow. I'm not sure just changing the opacity woth a glow around them might not work.. (I don't know pwghost, pweffect..sorry...).

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Not that I know of off the top of my head..  PW Effect is pretty darn cool but kinda limiting in some ways.  Try appling one of the ghosty effects and see if any of the areas to plug maps in are still there, I don't have a version installed right now that can use it to check.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited August 2015

Well, my thoughts didn't work...too many things to kill the opacity for in a character (like the jaw and each piece of clothes) to get it...I wonder if you can geoshell a group, to get everything at once.

OR maybe it will...needs tweaking in the face..lot more detail work needed here...this was just thrown together, but as proof of concepts go, it's not bad.

(though I think I'd just do it photoshop)

Screenshot 2015-08-17 18.20.47.png
    1086 x 1023 - 1M
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    Fisty said:

Not that I know of off the top of my head..  PW Effect is pretty darn cool but kinda limiting in some ways.  Try appling one of the ghosty effects and see if any of the areas to plug maps in are still there, I don't have a version installed right now that can use it to check.

Its still there, but it doesnt help.

-MJ

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited August 2015

I'm guessing you're going for a Foce Ghost effect?  I've done something like that, but not for a while.

Use the Phantom preset, but Right Click to keep the textures  (I think it worked back in 2.3, it's been a while)

Then you need to set the Ambient and diffuse to white (I think.. whichever channels have changed color to the blue and green that Phantom uses.)

... Let me throw something together and walk through it... Though I'm using 4.8

Edit ... Got it  (Pic didn't render all the way through, since I don't have all night for an example, so it's really rough)

Ctrl-Click to keep the textures (assuming that works back in 2.3  I'm pretty sure it does) and use the Phantom preset

Set Diffuse and Ambient to White

Copy the Diffuse Textures to the Ambient Color

That should get you your ghost

Ghost Test.png
    455 x 750 - 135K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on

Thanks for the tip DaWaterRat.  Everything worked as you described with the exception of the eyes.
    I completely lose the the iris and pupil colors.  Any guesses as to why?

-MJ

MJ007 said:

Thanks for the tip DaWaterRat.  Everything worked as you described with the exception of the eyes.
    I completely lose the the iris and pupil colors.  Any guesses as to why?

-MJ

Not off the top of my head, unless for some reason the eye textures were set up strangely.  Which figure are you using, and what texture set?  If I have them, I can try to take a look.

Hirotoon with the Tintation Toon Textures.

-MJ

edited August 2015

I figured it out.  It was the "Rim Effect" of the Phantom Preset that was basically killing it.  So i truned the rim effect for the Pupils and Irises off and adjusted the opacity for those same zones manually and viola!  success!

Thank You VERY much!!!

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited August 2015

Nv Mind.  Guess we cross posted. :)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on