Duplicate formula found Genesis 9

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,798

Siciliano1969 said:

Anything added from the character libraries seem Ok with further testing.  Anything loaded up with a previous scene still gets the Duplicate formula error. 

should not happen... hmm, you may try to clear the cache first. Press F2 in DS, dialog box - bottom: DSON Cache Files - Clear 

• Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 433
    edited June 2023

crosswind said:

Siciliano1969 said:

Anything added from the character libraries seem Ok with further testing.  Anything loaded up with a previous scene still gets the Duplicate formula error. 

should not happen... hmm, you may try to clear the cache first. Press F2 in DS, dialog box - bottom: DSON Cache Files - Clear 

And what is the first thing you always do?  CLEAR THE CACHE!  LOL thanks crosswind!  Works

Post edited by Siciliano1969 on
    edited June 2023

Siciliano1969 said:

crosswind said:

Siciliano1969 said:

And what is the first thing you always do?  CLEAR THE CACHE!  LOL thanks crosswind!  Works

That's great! LOL Actuall you taught me this 'trick' !  I never thought of this untill I saw you said: it only work for new load...

I never save a scene or preset / subset etc. with duplicate formulas errors. The moment I get the error, I just fix it. So same morph file but with different IDs, they'll be 'stacked' in cache, i.e. the wrong one is still there in cache, that's why... Thank you!

PS: Actually there's no need to wait for PA's fix since you never know when you'll get it. Let's learn and fix them by ourselves.. as PA would do the same thing only the ID's name might be different devil

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Siciliano1969 said:

crosswind said:

Siciliano1969 said:

That's great! LOL Actuall you taught me this 'trick' !  I never thought of this untill I saw you said: it only work for new load...

I never save a scene or preset / subset etc. with duplicate formulas errors. The moment I get the error, I just fix it. So same morph file but with different IDs, they'll be 'stacked' in cache, i.e. the wrong one is still there in cache, that's why... Thank you!

PS: Actually there's no need to wait for PA's fix since you never know when you'll get it. Let's learn and fix them by ourselves.. as PA would do the same thing only the ID's name might be different devil

LOL all very true and thank you way too much for the help!

• mariannermarianner Posts: 91
    edited June 2023

Just adding my thanks to @crosswind for this. No more duplicate errors after editing for me.

Edited to add that in my case the names showed up with "%20" in them in the text editor, like "06%20Vinme%20Abdomen%20Length.dsf". I'm using Notepad++.

Post edited by marianner on

marianner said:

Just adding my thanks to @crosswind for this. No more duplicate errors after editing for me.

Edited to add that in my case the names showed up with "%20" in them in the text editor, like "06%20Vinme%20Abdomen%20Length.dsf". I'm using Notepad++.

Yea, that's the reserved character of 'Space' in DSON file. I've been using EmEditor so Percent-encoding can be converted to Unicode by one-click. I think it can be converted as well in Notepad++ ....

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Has the PA provided a product update to fix this yet?  Anyone know what the situation is for new purchases and new installs, and for updates to old installs?

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,947

Diomede said:

Has the PA provided a product update to fix this yet?  Anyone know what the situation is for new purchases and new installs, and for updates to old installs?

Yeah, I think I'm going to take the V-morph product off of my wishlist as the PA doesn't seem conscientious about the issue as we haven't heard anything from them since the issue was first reported in January, so either they're woefully uninformed or just don't care, which is a rotten way to sell your product, assuming that the latter is true...

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    This was fixed at one point. I had a ticket closed with the note than the vendor resolved it and had confirmed the update worked back in January. I'm not sure when the problem started up again, and I haven't bothered opening/reopening a ticket myself. If no one has opened another ticket since then, the vendor may not be aware it's an issue again.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,889

Could someone please explain, how to fix the issue when both installed:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/88146/start

and

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/88302/start

Thanks in advance.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

@Artini check @crosswind posts, from this one onwards in the previous page.

Thanks. I have checked the description,

but there is no occurence of -Vinme to delete in the file Vinme Torso Width.dsf,

so I do not know, what to do.

edited August 2023

Ok, finally got it.

Just added -Vinme to file Vinme Abdomen Length.dsf to read:

"id" : "Abdomen Length-Vinme",

and to the file Vinme Torso Width.dsf to read:

"id" : "Torso Width-Vinme",

and the duplicate formula found errors while loading Genesis 9 are gone.

At least there was no notification about the errors.

The morphs Abdomen Length-Vinme and Torso Width-Vinme

are not showing up on Genesis 9, though.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Ok, finally got it.

You either need to turn off Prefernces>Consilidate Properties in the proeprty pane's option menu, or you need to edit the Label in the DSF files - when labels match DS doesn't throw an error, but by default it does show only the one slider (with (2) or whatever the count is after the label). That is useful when selecting mutliple bones and wanting to adjust them all, but not here where the two Abdomen Length/Width sliders are stacked and adjuting one will adjust the other.

edited August 2023

Artini said:

Ok, finally got it.

Nah, you have to replace "ID" and all "urI" in the dsf file... pls carefully follow the screeshots I attached in previous page of this thread. After making correction, there won't be any problem to get these morphs on G9...

SNAG-2023-8-15-0011.png
    508 x 1302 - 43K
    SNAG-2023-8-15-0012.png
    508 x 1302 - 43K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Ok, thanks a lot for all of the tips.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited August 2023

AlmightyQUEST said:

This was fixed at one point. I had a ticket closed with the note than the vendor resolved it and had confirmed the update worked back in January. I'm not sure when the problem started up again, and I haven't bothered opening/reopening a ticket myself. If no one has opened another ticket since then, the vendor may not be aware it's an issue again.

While I have seen really dumb things happen around here, I very much doubt the vendor has re-updated the product using a broken version (not ruling it out), more likely someone at DAZ has swapped out the updated version and put the original version in it's place by mistake.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • Thank you, thank you. I was so totally gobsmacked why it's happening. Installed only official DAZ content and just starting to wet my -proverbial- feet with G9. All these errors every time. Edited and it works.

• Well, thanks to Turboloader I just disabled those two morphs. Can always re-enable them once an update will be released. But apparently the PA in charge might not be interested that much in customer service it seems.

Anyhow, it's beyond me that DAZ QA let such things through. Double formulas with 3rd party products is one thing. But errors though only DAZ products which are not playing nice together is really annoying. Just set up a machine with all products availabe in the store and load all those Genesis figures though an automatic procedure once a day. Where's the problem? Oh and that way DAZ could also track figure load times which are ridiculous with a lot of content installed.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, thanks to Turboloader I just disabled those two morphs. Can always re-enable them once an update will be released. But apparently the PA in charge might not be interested that much in customer service it seems.

Anyhow, it's beyond me that DAZ QA let such things through. Double formulas with 3rd party products is one thing. But errors though only DAZ products which are not playing nice together is really annoying. Just set up a machine with all products availabe in the store and load all those Genesis figures though an automatic procedure once a day. Where's the problem? Oh and that way DAZ could also track figure load times which are ridiculous with a lot of content installed.

I agree.  And I believe that many of the common issues with content could be caught before release by creating some scripts for automated error checking. 

Just bought Vinme myself and getting the same duplicate errors.  Think I'm going to report it and see what they say. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822

Taoz said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, thanks to Turboloader I just disabled those two morphs. Can always re-enable them once an update will be released. But apparently the PA in charge might not be interested that much in customer service it seems.

I agree.  And I believe that many of the common issues with content could be caught before release by creating some scripts for automated error checking. 

Just bought Vinme myself and getting the same duplicate errors.  Think I'm going to report it and see what they say. 

I'm in the same situation. Filed a ticket, and they asked if I had both Vinme and Shape Shift G9 installed, and what happened if I removed on of the products. So it seems pretty clear that the conflict between those two products keeps persisting/recurring, for some reason.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,550

The issue remains.

Bought Vinme and downloaded the latest versions of both, Vinme and ShapeShift

Modified date for Vinme Abdomen Length is 2022-11-19 = Has not been updated since release
    Modified date for ShapeShift Abdomen Length is 2023-06-07

The id's for both are "Abdomen Length" and the URL's for the formulas are "Genesis9:#Abdomen%20Length?value"

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

I'm an old school game modder, so dealing with coding conflicts is something I've been doing for roughly 25 years, people just don't realise that dumping 20 models (each with the same internal ID) into a game is going to cause chaos. Doesn't help that the people that made the models get butt hurt when you complain about them, and they get really upset when you tell them the models will have be completely redone, before they can be used in a mod.

Well we have the same problem here, people just don't realise that the internal asset ID of a DSF, that is going into a figures Morphs folder, has to be unique. There cannot be two the same anywhere on the planet, other wise you will at some point cause a coding conflict as well as Duplicate Formula errors.

Lets say myself and someone else release morphs for G8F, and they are both called "Big Buns", now I know that a simple name like that is likely to cause a conflict at some point, but they haven't a clue and release it like that, now there wont be a conflict between them as while the label on the slider on mine says "Big Buns", the actual interal ID would say "PBM_Bejaymac_G8F_BigBuns".

The problem is getting people to stop using simple names, and to start using naming systems similar to what I use, and that is going to be the hard part, as people are too set in their ways to change easy and are likely to get butt hurt when forced.

It should've been a very simple matter if Daz clearly gave a guideline of how to manipulate these stuff, especially for the case if PAs manually edit *.dsf files. Some PAs did edit dsf files (with simply changing Name / Lable or sth.), but they even didn't know the mechanism there...

Quite a few PAs in here are friends of mine, I used to find out that most of them did not know these. I myself rarely blame PAs for the issue itself and I always fix the 'bugs' myself rather than submitting tickets 'cause I dislike waiting.

But when an active PA got the support request but did nothing, it's really unacceptable. I experienced another case years ago... then I never buy their products. Product issue can be tolerated, attitude and ethics problem cannot...

• Daz Studio does now add an additional identifier to the ID when saving assets - currently in the betas, not yet in the General Release.

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz Studio does now add an additional identifier to the ID when saving assets - currently in the betas, not yet in the General Release.

Yup, I know. For the new products, technically there won't be duplicate formulas issue in the future, as long as the content creators use the right version and don't edit dsf(s) at will. cool

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,550

Have an older version of ShapeShift in my archives, updated 2022-10-31 and the id on that one is "SS_body_bs_Abdomen Length"

The newer update was for "Updated SS_body_bs_Abdomen Length.dsf which caused finger distortions on thumbs", so I'm going to fix the id and formula URL's on the later update to match the previous one

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822

Vinme has finally been updated and no longer conflicts with Shape Shift.

vwrangler said:

Vinme has finally been updated and no longer conflicts with Shape Shift.

Yea... he (or maybe Daz...) just modified that file - 'Vinme Abdomen Length.dsf' , by adding a prefix to the urI...

Another Duplicate Formulas found problem for these 2 recent sets:
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-yomi-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/mb-carmel-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine
    Anybody has found, how to fix these errors?