Legacy UVs for Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• arne207 said:

Cayman Studios said:

Arne, Freja is Freja 8, not 8.1.  Might that explain the problem?  The UVs for the Head, Eyes and Lashes are radically different between Genesis 8 and 8.1.

Hey there, Freja comes as 8.0 and 8.1 - with individual buttons in the menus. The trick described above helped, clicking the 8.0 and 8.1 UVs a couple times until things were ok. Will try out a little more.

Yes, it looks like Freja 8.1 uses the 8.1 Surface names, but the 8 UVs - so an odd hybrid.  So you have to run the Apply 8.1 UVs script first to get the textures in place on the surfaces, and then the Apply 8 UVs script to align the textures correctly in accordance with the UVs.  We live and learn. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I was wondering about any options for genitals or anatomical elements. I want to get this and start using G9, but I assume I am out of luck if I use a 3rd party option (or even native G9 genitals) for the genitals or the nipples since from what I can see they both use the G9 UVmaps. I am guessing this product won't be helpful if doing nudes

• FSMCDesigns said:

I was wondering about any options for genitals or anatomical elements. I want to get this and start using G9, but I assume I am out of luck if I use a 3rd party option (or even native G9 genitals) for the genitals or the nipples since from what I can see they both use the G9 UVmaps. I am guessing this product won't be helpful if doing nudes

Michael, there should be no issues with either the nipples, navel or the genitalia.  I have crafted the UVs so that the textures align with the HD morphs for the nipples and navel.  New UVs are also included for the Anatomical Elements.  So you can do nudes.  But obviously my UVs will not work on 3rd party products. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    I look hopefully forward to your set for G3/8/8.1M.
  • is it possible to get more details/texture to the surface after loading a preset?

• SolitarySandpiper said:

is it possible to get more details/texture to the surface after loading a preset?

You can load as many Material presets as you want, over the top of other presets, if that is what you mean.  You just have to make sure the meshes and geografts you are adding the presets to are selected in the Scene tab.  Then you should click on the "Apply UVs" icon so the script can set the UVs correctly. 

• hcsaba68hcsaba68 Posts: 12
    edited December 2022

Hi all,

Somebody have problem with head cavity ?  Or only me ?

Thanks.

Left figure Prepared. Right Original G9

CavityBug1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 526K
    CavityBug2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 396K
    Post edited by hcsaba68 on
  • hcsaba68 said:

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yes, this was corrected and updated last week.  If you check your updates on DIM or manually you can download the new version. 

• Cayman Studios said:

hcsaba68 said:

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yes, this was corrected and updated last week.  If you check your updates on DIM or manually you can download the new version. 

Thank You !

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited December 2022

I got this to work no problem when it first came out...however now I'm getting funky results where it looks like the geograft is off-set from the G9 body - 

I've already checked and the product has no pending updates for me. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Melissa, could you let me know what character skins these are, and whether they are 3Delight or Iray?

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited December 2022

Cayman Studios said:

Melissa, could you let me know what character skins these are, and whether they are 3Delight or Iray?

Sorry I didn't realize that you had responded! All appears to be working now...not sure what was going on at the time as I followed the same steps in the guide. I'll chalk it up to gremlins. 

Here is Bridget 8 with my own sss tweaks, and converted to 8.1 UV - 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Melissa, good to see its working OK now.  Those darned gremlins!

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,132
    edited January 2023

Legacy UVs for Genesis 9: Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 Male will be released shortly.

As with the Female UVs product, you will have to convert the legacy material presets from Hierarchical Materical presets to ordinary Material presets before loading them onto Genesis 9.

Also, as before, the Genesis 3 UVs are for the "Base Male", not for the Daz Original 7-series characters, like Michael 7, which have their own individual UVs. (The vast majority of ordinary Genesis 3 male characters use the Base Male UVs, but if you want to use the 7-series textures on Genesis 9 you can use the Map Transfer facility to convert them to Base Male.)

There is also UV support for the Anatomical Elements.

For more detailed information I have included a PDF User Guide, which will be accessible via an icon in the Product folder.

popup_03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 249K
    popup_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 231K
    Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    Awesome
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

In my runtime now. 

Thank you very much.

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 504
    edited January 2023

How do i interpret no interactive license being offered for this one in particular?

(Could imagine it not being relevant with having all the licenses for otherwise used stuff, but better ask here...)

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Thank you very much ,mine mine mine .....

edited January 2023

generalgameplaying said:

How do i interpret no interactive license being offered for this one in particular?

(Could imagine it not being relevant with having all the licenses for otherwise used stuff, but better ask here...)

The reason is that it didn't occur to me that there would be any demand, in this case, for an interactive licence, so I didn't check the authorisation during submission.  I am still a little hazy about how this would work in practice.  But as it has now been brought up I'll try to get the option added. 

EDIT: Interactive Licences for the Legacy UVs for Genesis 9 products are now available (30th January 2023).

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • hi, i'm having a problem with the neck shoulder back head and torso, when applying g8m textures to genesis 9 using legacy uv.

hope to find help for this. thanks in advance

daz3d_problem.PNG
    890 x 697 - 479K
  • mika2001 said:

hi, i'm having a problem with the neck shoulder back head and torso, when applying g8m textures to genesis 9 using legacy uv.

hope to find help for this. thanks in advance

Mika, the geografts need to be selected in the Scene tab when you load the textures.  When you run the Preparation script they will all be automatically selected.  But it looks like they have been deselected before you loaded the texture, which is quite easy to do if you just click anywhere in the Scene. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

Looks like you didn't apply the materials to the Legacy UVs geografts, only to the figure.

• Yes, It was selected.

daz_problem_2.png
    1281 x 616 - 333K
  • at the back

daz_problem_3.png
    1256 x 675 - 339K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

Have you tried rendering / iray preview? That might simply be a display problem in your viewport.

• Mika, it looks as though textures are not loading onto the Eyes, Eyelashes, Tear or Mouth surfaces either.  So only onto the main Genesis 9 mesh.  What character texture are you trying to load?  The "Apply UVs" script does not load a texture itself, but only changes the UV Settings once the textures have already been loaded.

• Sorry for the bother, I guess it's a problem of hierarchical mats like indicated. After saving presets with normal texture mats, it's all work well. Thank you.

• mika2001 said:

Sorry for the bother, I guess it's a problem of hierarchical mats like indicated. After saving presets with normal texture mats, it's all work well. Thank you.

Ah, OK.  Glad that it's working now. 

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

Thank you for all your hard work. I think I have every legacy UV product available, plus the swaps for going female textures on male figures. I only just now started using these and was getting frustrated. I appreciate all the posts here because they saved me from submitting a ticket. My issue related to using a v7 character texture on the g9. I'm foggy about how to make the v7 texture (P3D Emi) work on G9, but I will take a nap and then come at it again. I am sure it is just user (me) error. :) I love the flexibility these legacy products provide.

ArtsyDragon said:

Thank you for all your hard work. I think I have every legacy UV product available, plus the swaps for going female textures on male figures. I only just now started using these and was getting frustrated. I appreciate all the posts here because they saved me from submitting a ticket. My issue related to using a v7 character texture on the g9. I'm foggy about how to make the v7 texture (P3D Emi) work on G9, but I will take a nap and then come at it again. I am sure it is just user (me) error. :) I love the flexibility these legacy products provide.

According to the product page P3D Emi uses the Genesis 3 Base Female UVs, so you should be able to put the texture on Genesis 9.  If the character uses Hierarchical Material presets you will have to resave those as ordinary Material presets because the Hierachical MATs are generation specific.  The User Guide PDF, which is accessible from the Product folder, should tell you all you need to know.  If you have any other issues let me know.