"Hold on, signing you out"

iDiruiDiru Posts: 699
edited August 2015 in The Commons

Why would you sign me out when I go to the forums?! Aghhhhhh!

I hate this.

And it just keeps refreshing over and over again like yeah I see you're singing me out stop it

This is a sitewide thing for everyone and not just me ,right?

Because I know Firefox likes to screw things up.

Post edited by iDiru on

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

That happen to me a lot... Different OSs and different browsers.

but I do like the "hold on" part... It's like an evil robot telling you "Hold on, you will now be vaporized..."

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,907

It's like watching a young child smashing on the keyboard, grinning and proclaiming 'I'M HELPING'

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,526

It's a sporadic problem that is only effecting some. It's a hard bug to find because of it being so limited.

• frank0314 said:

It's a sporadic problem that is only effecting some. It's a hard bug to find because of it being so limited.

It's effecting me, and becoming increasingly annoying.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited August 2015

I know this isn't very helpful to all those who are having this problem...but the other night I had the reverse.  I could not log out.  Every time I tried logging out, I was immediately signed back in.

The ONLY way I got it working correctly was to allow all the scripts that this forum wanted.  And that, is what I think is the root of this problem...security/script permissions on the end user's computer.  That could also be why there doesn't seem to be many complaints about this from users of IE.

And before anyone goes 'I didn't change anything."  

That's precisely the point...you didn't, DAZ did.  Different forum software, different scripts, different permissions needed.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Sorry MJ, but that doesn't hold up.  I use Firefox, have IE disabled on my PC, I don't have any scripts blocked, and yet, on the odd occasion, I have this probelm.

• scathascatha Posts: 756

I never even installed IE, it's the first thing I always uninstall after buying/building a new comp and installing the OS... and I too have forum issues, like my messages disappearing from my inbox, despite having just received notifications that I had new messages and new posts for threads I watch.

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 765
    edited August 2015
    Chohole said:

Sorry MJ, but that doesn't hold up.  I use Firefox, have IE disabled on my PC, I don't have any scripts blocked, and yet, on the odd occasion, I have this probelm.

I also use Firefox.  The only script blocker I use is AdBlockPlus, and it's disabled for this site.

EDIT:  I just added this site to my list of exceptions for blocking pop-ups via Firefox's Content options.  Maybe that'll help.

Post edited by Nyghtfall3D on
    edited August 2015

The only time I had any problems was not allowing the scripts...I'm not sure what scripts are absolutely needed. but something is.

Of course being too sensetive/requirring too many scripts IS a problem.  There should be a fallback behavior for every script that is needed, if that script is disallowed.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,767
    edited August 2015
    frank0314 said:

Or maybe only some report it (because they see others already have)? I experience it too when I click the link in an email notification, but only if I'm not logged in to the store already, in the same browser. If I log in before clicking the link there's no problem.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,120
    Taozen said:
    frank0314 said:

Or maybe only some report it (because they see others already have)? I experience it too when I click the link in an email notification, but only if I'm not logged in in the store already, in the same browser. If I log in before clicking the link there's no problem.

*raises hand*

I've had this problem.

I found out that if I open the store in a separate tab that the loop ends.Depends on where the loop stops if I'm logged in or not.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

add me to the list,

.............................and yes that mean hang on message really irks me devil

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

I get it from time to time with MX4, it usually happens when I use my bookmark to the store and then go to the forums, sometimes on the store page it looks like I'm logged in (blue icon) but the site has actually logged me out, heading to the forums like that locks me into that log out loop.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

yes I too use a bookmark for the forums, on Chrome

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

It is the worst on my iPhone. Everything is tiny enough without having to sign in again. Yeah I know it's a total first world problem. 

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

i have this issue too, its the worst when you have a bookmark for some information help on the forums and have to wait patiently for it all to resolve.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,360

Add me to the list of people suffering  from this logout issue.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,767
    mjc1016 said:

The ONLY way I got it working correctly was to allow all the scripts that this forum wanted.  And that, is what I think is the root of this problem...security/script permissions on the end user's computer.  That could also be why there doesn't seem to be many complaints about this from users of IE.

I'm generally using IE but because I've turned UAC completely off I can't set it as my default browser (useless MS security stunt). Chrome is therefore my default browser so when I click a link it's Chrome that opens, so that's where I've experienced this problem so far. Will do some testing with IE, copy pasting the links, to see what happens.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Happens to me all the time here, I`m using the latest version of Firefox for Mac. Not sure what else to add.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I've had this issue since the site changeover. The other day I changed my password, and for 2 glorious days, I wasn't signed out/in. Then, Lo and Behold!, it started again yesterday.

I give up!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

I type the forums url in manually and it still does it.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834

My still does it and does it if I come in from an e-mail or use a bookmark to the forums, and haven't been  on the site for at least 12 hours. I am using the latest firefox. 

• Adding the site to my list of exceptions for Firefox's pop-up blocker didn't help.  I just surfed to the forum from my bookmark, and the site signed me out.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011
    edited August 2015

It is the worst on my iPhone. Everything is tiny enough without having to sign in again. Yeah I know it's a total first world problem. 

Not it if you were covered in leeches at the moment.

It officially becomes a first world complaint if you were sipping an iced caramel flan double espresso macchiato topped with whipped cream and 70% cocoa, semisweet organic shaved chocolate bits.

If you were sipping that iced caramel flan double espresso macchiato topped with whipped cream and 70% cocoa, semisweet organic shaved chocolate bits AND covered in leeches, it really does not count and you aught to consider purchasing your morning coffee elsewhere, as clearly their housekeeping standards are a bit lax.

On a side note... One thing I noticed, but it may have been coincidental...  if I was signed in on my iPad or Mac and later used my PC (and visa-versa) to view the forums, going back to the iPad or Mac, seemed to cause that reaction (hold on, signing you out, sucker...) within a few seconds after clicking on a thread. 

I could not get it to do that 100% consistently... 

I don't know if that is helpful info or useless... Sorry.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    I have this happen a lot too. I'm using Firefox here with NoScript running and blocking some things but not everything. This morning I noticed something odd about this issue. I started going through my email and didn't have the issue with the first few forum links I visited, including this thread, but at maybe around the 3rd or 4th link, THEN suddenly it asked me if I wanted to sign out. In fact right now the other tab is now displaying only "Sign Out" and "You are attempting to sign out. Are you sure you want to sign out?". However in this tab I was able to go back to my email and click the link back to this thread and post this message.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

yep mee too

I'm more comvinced it's a combination problem...and down to scripts running on the site/settings.

I think that depending on what the individual's allowed scripts/permissions settings combined with the unreal number of scripts on the site AND using multiple devices (yes, most sites will log out and back in when switching devices...sync be damned) will determine how often and how bad the login loop problem is.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Chohole, you said you doesn't have any scripts blocked, which suggests it's not scripts, unless something just got overlooked or I misunderstood, correct?  When you said that did you mean you have a script blocker but it's set to not block any of them, or you don't have any script blockers installed, period?  (If you have none installed, we can quickly rule out the possibility of something being blocked by accident when you think you have it set to not block.)

mjc1016, do you know what permissions (unrelated to script blockers) might have the potential to interefere that we can check?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

I have no script blocker installed, but on the other hand this only happens to me once every so often, not regularly, and I don't get stuck in a loop, I just do the one loop, and then it settle down and I am logged in.  2 days ago it happened, and then not since (fingers crosed)   When it does happen I tend to use the back button once I have signed in, to take me back to the forums.

Post edited by Chohole on
    sriesch said:

mjc1016, do you know what permissions (unrelated to script blockers) might have the potential to interefere that we can check?

Not off the top of my head...but cookies and third-party cookies would be one place to start.  Like if any of the DAZ related cookies are set to 'session only', it could cause problems.