Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• When it comes to rendering performance, version 4.16 still outperforms version 4.21. 4.22 is incredibly slow, even with the latest drivers for my Nvidia 4070.

• tedharris600tedharris600 Posts: 22
    edited November 2023

tedharris600 said:

M-C said:

tedharris600 said:

TheKD said:

Getting this weird alpha issue a lot now. It's like people are turning into a portal to the outside of the environment somehow lol.

Hello,

I am having the same problem.

Certain Genesis 8 textures from downloaded or purchased characters show the checkerboard pattern when rendered in Iray, but not in Iray preview.

I am using Daz Studio version 4.21.1.80 64 bit.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with all updates.

I have an AMD 5950X cpu and an Nvidia 3060 gpu.  I am using the Nvidia driver 537.58.

I discovered that turning translucency weight to 0 removes the checkerboard pattern, but the character looks radically different.

The default Genesis 8 textures don’t seem to exhibit this problem.

Another person posted a similar problem, "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/652991/checkerboard-pattern-on-skin", but his solution (rendering with the Dome and Scene setting) didn't work for me.

Thank you for your help.

I´ve had this happening several DAZ Studio iterations before. Can´t exactly remember when it occured the first time but it´s probably about a year ago.

In my case it had something to do with spectral rendering. I never found the culprit but since I stoped using spectral mode, I didn´t see that happening again.

I am not using spectral mode, and I still have the problem.

I discovered that turning on Spectral mode reduces the problem a bit.  Rendering in Interactive Biased mode instead of Photoreal mode does not have the problem

Thank you.

I updated to the latest beta Daz Studio and updated to the Nvidia Studio 546.01 drivers, but the problem remains. 

I believe this problem may have started with Daz Studio beta version 4.21.1.80. 

Thank you for your help.

Post edited by tedharris600 on
  • tedharris600 said:

tedharris600 said:

M-C said:

tedharris600 said:

TheKD said:

Getting this weird alpha issue a lot now. It's like people are turning into a portal to the outside of the environment somehow lol.

Hello,

I am having the same problem.

Certain Genesis 8 textures from downloaded or purchased characters show the checkerboard pattern when rendered in Iray, but not in Iray preview.

I am using Daz Studio version 4.21.1.80 64 bit.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with all updates.

I have an AMD 5950X cpu and an Nvidia 3060 gpu.  I am using the Nvidia driver 537.58.

I discovered that turning translucency weight to 0 removes the checkerboard pattern, but the character looks radically different.

The default Genesis 8 textures don’t seem to exhibit this problem.

Another person posted a similar problem, "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/652991/checkerboard-pattern-on-skin", but his solution (rendering with the Dome and Scene setting) didn't work for me.

Thank you for your help.

I´ve had this happening several DAZ Studio iterations before. Can´t exactly remember when it occured the first time but it´s probably about a year ago.

In my case it had something to do with spectral rendering. I never found the culprit but since I stoped using spectral mode, I didn´t see that happening again.

I am not using spectral mode, and I still have the problem.

I discovered that turning on Spectral mode reduces the problem a bit.  Rendering in Interactive Biased mode instead of Photoreal mode does not have the problem

Thank you.

I updated to the latest beta Daz Studio and updated to the Nvidia Studio 546.01 drivers, but the problem remains. 

I believe this problem may have started with Daz Studio beta version 4.21.1.80. 

Thank you for your help.

I have discovered that the problem seems to do with translucency color when translucency weight is greater than 0. 

A translucency color of 1.00 0.34 0.48 (a pinkish color) will cause the checkerboard pattern to appear. A translucency color of 0.30 0.027 0.012 (the default brownish color of the basic Genesis 8 frmale) does not show this problem.

I don't know yet what other transucency colors can cause the checkerboard problem.

Thank you.

• My eyes spy new several timeline features in changelog and now a 2023 Iray implementation?   http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel  ; Now i may have to upgrade Beta soon.

• @tedharris600 Can you check what happens if you set red component in translucency color to 0, 0.5, and 1 while keeping other two (green, blue) at 0? You could also test what happens when you set red and green to 0 and change blue to 0, 0.5, and 1. The idea behind the test it to figure out if a channel is mistakenly treated as alpha (more likely to happen with red and blue). Also, can you check if your figure skins perhaps have alpha channel in PNG files (if they use PNG)?

• tedharris600tedharris600 Posts: 22
    edited November 2023

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

@tedharris600 Can you check what happens if you set red component in translucency color to 0, 0.5, and 1 while keeping other two (green, blue) at 0? You could also test what happens when you set red and green to 0 and change blue to 0, 0.5, and 1. The idea behind the test it to figure out if a channel is mistakenly treated as alpha (more likely to happen with red and blue). Also, can you check if your figure skins perhaps have alpha channel in PNG files (if they use PNG)?

I changed the translucency color to 0, 0.5, and 1. The checkerboard pattern did not appear. 

If I set the Translucency color to pure blue or green, the pattern does not appear.  If I set the Translucency color to pure red, the pattern appears.

The individual red, green, and blue values seem to go from 0 to 255 only in Daz Studio. I don’t see a way to have three different numerical settings for red alone.

My color selector in Daz Studio is shown below.

I am not sure where the alpha channel would be. There is no texture loaded in the Cutout Opacity property.

I discovered that if I change the Translucency color of the basic Genesis female 8 to 1.00 0.34 0.48 (a pinkish color that was causing the original problem on a different character), the checkerboard pattern appears.

Thank you.

Untitled-1.png
    722 x 1295 - 216K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • @tedharris600 Did you also update the "Default resources for DAZ Studio 4.21+" package? If you did not, and you do that now, does the problem still persist?

• johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

@tedharris600 Did you also update the "Default resources for DAZ Studio 4.21+" package? If you did not, and you do that now, does the problem still persist?

Yes I had already updated the default resources.  The problem still persists.

Thank you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited November 2023

is bone minion working properly in 4.22?

I will try 4.21 on my other PC later to rule out user error because it is M4 hand poses I want to transfer and full poses work

I used the apply changes script

maybe it doesn't do hand movements alone?

the minion's hands move with the animation but G9 doesn't

OK UPDATE 

apparently a limitation of bone minion, it doesn't do the hands

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Hi everyone, I'm having a super unusual problem and I haven't seen anyone talking about it yet. The problem started in this new version 4.22.
    It turns out that when I save and reopen a project (after 2-5 times) the character LOSES his shaping. In other words, it looks weird, and it's not a slider that resets, the shaping just gets lost as if i had deleted it.
    I don't know why this happens. I work with a virtual influencer on DAZ, and maintaining the shaping is essential. Thankfully I still had the original files and was able to save it as a shaping preset, so when the shape changes I just apply it.

I hope this gets resolved because I was really scared of losing my job!

xoxx, akari

• I having a problem myself as well with this 4.22!! Ever since I tried using this Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 Female and install this version. It kept on saying "Missing Files" even though it is still in my folder and on Daz! I don't know what is the problem. For example, I got a character with "Addy Hazel" but it says missing for some odd reason!! I had use "Reset Content Database" on Turbo Loader by suggestion but still wouldn't work! I also tried doing reset database by right clicking on "Content Library" but still not working. Could someone please help me this huge problem? Cuz I got lots of artwork projects that needs to be finished soon.

• Optimus Shepard said:

I having a problem myself as well with this 4.22!! Ever since I tried using this Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 Female and install this version. It kept on saying "Missing Files" even though it is still in my folder and on Daz! I don't know what is the problem. For example, I got a character with "Addy Hazel" but it says missing for some odd reason!! I had use "Reset Content Database" on Turbo Loader by suggestion but still wouldn't work! I also tried doing reset database by right clicking on "Content Library" but still not working. Could someone please help me this huge problem? Cuz I got lots of artwork projects that needs to be finished soon.

Are your content paths all correctly mapped?

• DoctorJellybean said:

Optimus Shepard said:

I having a problem myself as well with this 4.22!! Ever since I tried using this Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 Female and install this version. It kept on saying "Missing Files" even though it is still in my folder and on Daz! I don't know what is the problem. For example, I got a character with "Addy Hazel" but it says missing for some odd reason!! I had use "Reset Content Database" on Turbo Loader by suggestion but still wouldn't work! I also tried doing reset database by right clicking on "Content Library" but still not working. Could someone please help me this huge problem? Cuz I got lots of artwork projects that needs to be finished soon.

Yes it is.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,706

Optimus Shepard said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Optimus Shepard said:

Yes it is.

And you didn't disable Addy Hazel wirh Turbo Loader?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/83144/file_list
    Do you find there files in your content library with these extensions?

Hazel.PNG
    448 x 191 - 14K
  • maiscxdo said:

Hi everyone, I'm having a super unusual problem and I haven't seen anyone talking about it yet. The problem started in this new version 4.22.
    It turns out that when I save and reopen a project (after 2-5 times) the character LOSES his shaping. In other words, it looks weird, and it's not a slider that resets, the shaping just gets lost as if i had deleted it.
    I don't know why this happens. I work with a virtual influencer on DAZ, and maintaining the shaping is essential. Thankfully I still had the original files and was able to save it as a shaping preset, so when the shape changes I just apply it.

I hope this gets resolved because I was really scared of losing my job!

xoxx, akari

Was this a preset for existing shapes or a newly imported morph or master slider setting existing shapes? If either of the latter, had you saved a new Morph Asset for it or was it just embedded in the scene?

• PerttiA said:

Optimus Shepard said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Optimus Shepard said:

Yes it is.

And you didn't disable Addy Hazel wirh Turbo Loader?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/83144/file_list
    Do you find there files in your content library with these extensions?

Everything is good now. Thanks to RiverSoftArt. Thanks

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,953
    edited November 2023

I'm having these issues.

Any fix for them in next releases?

Fitting Issues.jpg
    1621 x 1340 - 939K
    Issue1.jpg
    478 x 828 - 161K
    Post edited by Imago on
  • Alright,

I got another problem. When I start my Daz Studio, it gets stuck on "building interface" for about 2 or 3 minutes. It never happens before. Could someone please help me with problem. Thanks

20231119_075632.jpg
    4032 x 1960 - 3M
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Imago said:

I'm having these issues.

I've also reported that hair and eyebrows from Genesis 1 that used to work with Genesis 3 and up no longer do (as I found in dozens of characters I'd created to use for animation); as well, Genesis characters who had their necks shortened in previous versions of Genesis 1 have their entire head and neck squashed in the "Y" axis in DAZ Studio 4.21.xxx.

• Optimus Shepard said:

Alright,

I got another problem. When I start my Daz Studio, it gets stuck on "building interface" for about 2 or 3 minutes. It never happens before. Could someone please help me with problem. Thanks

Does it happen everytime you start Daz Studio? What are your system specs?

• DoctorJellybean said:

Optimus Shepard said:

Alright,

Yes it does ever since Friday. I have a Windows 10, I7 6700k, 3060ti Nvidia.

• Optimus Shepard said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Optimus Shepard said:

Alright,

Yes it does ever since Friday. I have a Windows 10, I7 6700k, 3060ti Nvidia.

You can use the Snip And Sketch tool to take a proper screenshot, rather than trying to take a photo with your phone.

What driver are you using? If you check the log file while DS is paused

%appdata%/daz 3d/studio4/log.txt

what is the last entry?

• Imago said:

I'm having these issues.

Apart from the fit failures I am not sure what the issues you are showing are - a picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still needs a bit of context.

Richard Haseltine said:

Apart from the fit failures I am not sure what the issues you are showing are - a picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still needs a bit of context.

In the Timeline video: As you can see, in DAZ Studio 4.12 I can move all the root keyframes freely, with all the TRSOAH option activated, this mean I can move all kind of sub-keyframes at once. It's the very base of managing an handmade, complex animation containing morphs, geografts and so on. Also, I can click and drag on the top part of the timeline very easy to reach the part of the timeline I want to correct/manage.
    On contrary, in DAZ Studio 4.22 (and previous ones up to 4.14, if I'm not wrong) I CAN'T move the root keyframes with all the options activated unless I create a key on the very last line, usually the "cast shadow" one. Surely you are aware that one can't put a key on that line on each key of the animation in order to be able to move the keys at once like you can do in 4.12. Ah, keep in mind you have to do that on each piece you have fitted on the char. Just think how much time you have to spend on an animation containing a speech of about ten seconds.
    Also, I can't click and drag the scrubber at once, I have to click twice, one to bring the curso on that position and another one to "grab" it.

In the Frame selected video: If you have anything positioned "too far" from the scenes' center, the "Frame Selected" function will frame the prop at different distances depending on how much is distant and which direction the view is ponting. In the video it's 5000, which is the size of a medium sized stage. Just think how is annoying click on the Frame Selected button only to see the prop I wanted to have closer, go even farther. This used to work fine in previous versions of DAZ Studio. Let's make an example: I have a big home with furniture inside and I want to frame a chair on the east wing of the house. I select it in the "Scene Pane" and click on the "Frame Selected". Well, I get a nice view of the roof instead of the chair I wanted to frame.

The Parametrs filtering. Just look at the pic: I selected the char, filtered the slider I need to tune in the graph pane and selected the slider... But in the Graph there's a totally different one!
    If I want to change KneeBend parameter why in the Graph I get the X Translation? This happens on every part of the Parameters pane, I try to filter something and I get something different.
    After some attempts I noticed that the Graph grabs the parameter that should be there if the list isn't filtered.

• There is no point in reporting old issues to a beta thread when there has been no claim that they are fixed. It simply distracts from the point of teh thread, which is to dtermine if the fixes and new features are working correctly and that no new issues have been created.

Richard Haseltine said:

There is no point in reporting old issues to a beta thread when there has been no claim that they are fixed. It simply distracts from the point of teh thread, which is to dtermine if the fixes and new features are working correctly and that no new issues have been created.

They aren't fixed, they are in the beta and the "normal" release.

Or it's normal leave bugs unfixed just to focus on new features?

• Unbelieveable! Nvidia rendereing in Daz Studio 4.22.01 is four times slower than 4.20! What is going on? How can this be? I guess I need to roll back to 4.20. But how do I do that? This is nuts.

• Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

There is no point in reporting old issues to a beta thread when there has been no claim that they are fixed. It simply distracts from the point of teh thread, which is to dtermine if the fixes and new features are working correctly and that no new issues have been created.

They aren't fixed, they are in the beta and the "normal" release.

Or it's normal leave bugs unfixed just to focus on new features?

The change log will tell you when they are fixed, since it doesn't claim that and they are not new issues then they are not relevant to this thread.

Yes, some issues will be left as known in any given release - it depends on how risky and hard they are to fix (whether fixing them involves chnages with singnificant potential for other adverse effects, whether fixing them will require more resourcs than they currently justify - especially if theya re in areas that will not otherwise be touched).

• lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

Unbelieveable! Nvidia rendereing in Daz Studio 4.22.01 is four times slower than 4.20! What is going on? How can this be? I guess I need to roll back to 4.20. But how do I do that? This is nuts.

That great a difference sounds as if you need to update your drivers, certainly if it is a general situation - if it's justa  few scenes affected that way it may be that they just barely fitted into the GPU before and now don't fit at all..

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Out of curiosity, since DS knows what driver version the card is using and what version is required, wouldn't it make sense to display a message to the user on start-up if the driver doesn't meet the requirements?

- Greg