Three Issues with GF3 In Daz Studio 4.8.0.59

ForceXForceX Posts: 52
edited July 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Using GF3 I've created a FBM in Zbrush.

Issue 1 : After applying the morph back to GF3 in Daz and using the "Adjust Rigging To Shape", some of the face bones do not snap back to there correct positions. Such as the "Squint Inner Left / Right" move way down to the lower cheek and the "Left / Right Lip Lower Inner" end point gets nudged making the bones appearance larger. Probably something with the new mesh shape?

Issue 2 : Using the same FBM morph from Zbrush as before applying clothes to a GF3 model works great. The clothes fit correctly to GF3 with the active morph. The issue starts when saving and re-opening the scene file. After opening the file the clothes no longer fit to the morph and the only way (I have found) is to delete the morph and re-apply it and the clothes will snap back.

​Edit : ​Using the transfer tool does not work after loading the scene and the "morph connection" has been lost. I don't know why. It works after applying a fresh morph, just not after saving and reopening.

Issue 3 : GF3 Symetry does not appear to take twist into account. Take the left arm and twist either the upper or lower arm and attempt to use the symmetry function to apply it to the right arm will result in every property being set but the twist.

​I don't know if these are bugs or i'm just doing something wrong.

​Thanks in advance.

Edited:  Please be aware that there is a dark theme available on the forums.  Using background color on text was making your post unreadable in the dark theme and we set it back to default.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

1.  Yes, it's a bug...the only thing I know...uncheck those from the adjustment dialog box.

2.  That is the way it's always been, as far as I can remember.  You need to save the morph as a morph asset to actually 'preserve' everything.  Once it's actually saved as a morph asset, then reloading a scene will 'work'...the clothes will behave.

3.  I'm not sure you noticed, but some bones are now pairs...there is a paired twist bone with the others.

• ForceXForceX Posts: 52
    edited July 2015

1. Ok. It does not affect me just something I noticed.

2. Thanks I will give that a go tomorrow.

3. Yes I noticed quite the abundance of new bones :) With Genesis 3 can we still select multiple nodes and use the symmetry function to mirror or copy the pose to the opposite limbs with twist intact? Or has the function not been updated to work with the new Genesis 3 models yet? All previous models still work as expected.

Thanks for your help :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015
    ratz43 said:
    3. Yes I noticed quite the abundance of new bones :) With Genesis 3 can we still select multiple nodes and use the symmetry function to mirror or copy the pose to the opposite limbs with twist intact? Or has the function not been updated to work with the new Genesis 3 models yet? All previous models still work as expected.

Thanks for your help :)

I honestly don't know...because I haven't actually tried to do anything using the symmetry functions in 4.8 or with G3F.