Anyone know how to apply texture to Millennium Horse? SOLVED

GrazeGraze Posts: 418
edited July 2015 in The Commons

I purchased the LNL Ultimate Horse 1 and 2 texture pack.  It has Millennium Horse LE as one of the requrired product.

When Millennium Horse LE is first loaded, it looks plastic, has no texture, and no tail hair.  I clicked all 4 textures from the LNL Ultimate Horse 1 and 2 texture pack and nothing happens.

A black stallion texture in "Poses: MAT " came with Millennium Horse LE so I decided to try applying that first then the textures from the LNL Ultimate Horse.  Still doesn't work.

I'm using Daz Studio version 4.6.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by Graze on

Comments

• Do you have the Horse selected when you apply the texture?

If you do not, nothing will happen

• Is there an error in the log file after applying the materials (View>Troubleshhoting>View Log file, assuming this is DAZ Studio)?

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418

Do you have the Horse selected when you apply the texture?

If you do not, nothing will happen

Yes it was selected.  That was the first thing I checked.

Then I thought maybe the LNL textures don't actually add a texture but simply modify an existing one.  By default the Millennium Horse LE loads without any texture so I went ahead an loaded the black stallion texture that came with Millennium Horse LE.  Then I tried to apply the LNL texture to it.  Didn't work.

Is there an error in the log file after applying the materials (View>Troubleshhoting>View Log file, assuming this is DAZ Studio)?

Yes, this is Daz Studio version 4.6, but how do I find the log file? I don't see a "View" in order to get to "Troubleshooting>View Log file" 

Some additonal info: For the black stallion texture, I used both "HorseBlackP4" and "HorseBlackPP" (individually) before trying to replace them with the LNL texture.

I also did a spot render in case the LNL texture doesn't show up until it's rendered.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152

Have you tried dragging and dropping the preset onto the MilHorse?  I double-clicked all of them and at first it wouldn't load.  Finally, dragged and dropped, and even that didn't seem to take at first.  But finally, after a minute or so (I don't have a slow system), it suddenly took.  After that, I could click on any of the presets from either LNL Ultimate 1 or 2 and they loaded.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Sorry for the typo, it's Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

I checked my LnL textures in DS4.8 and they would not load either,I think DS is not reading the pz2 or the dsa.,I resaved with DS3 ,and now they are loading fine,if you don't have DS3 still then I would suggest loading the textures by hand in the surface tab and then save that as a material , .......

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Yes, I just tried and they load by drag-&-drop, but not by double-clicking

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The Drag and Drop is an acceptable work around.