I've missing some things

edited December 1969 in New Users

I don't know if this is the right place to post but it's way close to what I need. Okay, when i initially downloaded DS4 I didn't get valuable need to have items....ie Genesis... so now while trying to install DS4.5 and Genesis, I get a message that says those files do not exist.
Of course not I never downloaded them. How do I fix this? Also is resetting for re-downloading? Geez' I have not done this well at all.
Okay any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Criminy, I need to do this better......

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Geensis was included in the basic DS4 installer, so unless something very strange happened you should have had it. It is now a separate installer, with the rest of the content, which you need to download and run - pointing it to the same folder as you selected for content when installing the base application.

• edited December 1969

Some thing strange did happen *laughs* I happened...I didn't download it rightly the first time. So I actually don't have Genesis at all. IThank you so very much for your timely response. I'm putting my focus and effort into this because I am ready to use Daz. *smiles* Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Glad you got it sorted out.

• edited December 1969

Don't desert me now lol...I uninstalled/reinstalled both DS4 and DS4.5 then. It all came up nicely. Same with Genesis. Now....I can't make

heads or tails on what to do next. Nothing is happening the way the tutorial lays it out. My smart content panel is empty and I can't find

any of the items that the tutorial is asking for. The other question I have is...Am I to understand that I now have to go back reset,

redownload, and install all my previous content as well as the new? And how do I access that once I do? Can you help me or direct me

to the thread and /or someone who can help resolve this? In the meantime I will continue looking around myself:)

I await your earliest convenience.

edited December 1969

Previously installed content should still be there, though some (many) Genesis clothes and other conformers need updated versions to fix the Duplicate IDs issue (I do have a script that will fix most items, if you don't want to do a massive set of resets and reinstalls at once - the script is listed in the index of free scripts in my signature.

A blank Smart Content pane usually means that the Content Management Service isn't running - if you have Windows 7 or Vista start Task manager by right-clicking on the Windows Taskbar, then look for DAZ Content Management Service in the Services tab - what is its status?

• edited December 1969

It's not running

edited December 1969

Right-click on its entry in the Services tab, with DS closed, and select Start Service from the menu. Then launch DS and check the Smart Content pane.

• edited December 1969

I get a message:
    Unable to Start Service
    The operation could not be completed
    Access is denied

• edited December 1969

P.S. Regarding reinstalling. Thanks I appreciate any help I can get on that matter, like, walk me through it help *smiles*

edited December 1969

Are you using an account with Administrator rights or a normal user account? Starting and stopping services needs administrator-level rights.

• edited December 1969

*looks thoughtful* Naw. As I recall it didn't take that route. Sooo are we talking uninstalling and going that route? If so, okay I'll be back...:)

• edited December 1969

During the reinstall I am being asked to re-locate the CMS and until I do it won't go any further. What's up with that?

• edited August 2012

CMS is now missing from the task manager as well as the folder. Looks like I happened again,

Post edited by pkdascher13_791d70698d on
  • edited August 2012

Okay I'm taking a break....I have a contest to work on elsewhere. I will get back on it a bit later this evening maybe a few hours after dinner:)

Post edited by pkdascher13_791d70698d on