Genesis 9: Where's the muscles?

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited October 2022 in The Commons

So I downloaded the free Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, and yes it's a nice start.   I looked at the Genesis 9 Essentials on sale in the Daz Store, but it's comprised of mostly (a lot) of eyelashes and eyebrows.
I also looked at the Victoria 9 bundle. The list of features is kind of vague and doesn't mention any muscle morphs.  So where are the muscle morphs? 
Genesis 9 is looking good so far, but I'd really like those morphs.(as you can see in my profile picture) wink

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• j11011j11011 Posts: 32

currently there seems to be just the merchant resource morph pack, but the price is 10k for body and another 10k for head morphs, and no, no mistakes in those prices..

• From the last couple of YouTube videos from Jay, it looks like there will be a head/body morph pack coming. just as was the case for G8, except they might be in one pack this time.... maybe.

• stripe6499_9253833ae8 said:

From the last couple of YouTube videos from Jay, it looks like there will be a head/body morph pack coming. just as was the case for G8, except they might be in one pack this time.... maybe.

Thanks, I'll try and be patent and wait for the release.  :) 

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

j11011 said:

currently there seems to be just the merchant resource morph pack, but the price is 10k for body and another 10k for head morphs, and no, no mistakes in those prices..

where do you see that?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061

j11011 said:

This pack is aimed at Daz published artists (and no, they don’t actually pay that much for it). The ridiculously high price is set so that regular users don’t buy it.
  • Moved to the Commons as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited October 2022

RL_Media said:

j11011 said:

where do you see that?

If you do a search in the Daz store, just type in the search bar "Genesis 9" and it will show you those merchant resource morph packs.

2022-10-19_154440.jpg
    1122 x 550 - 399K
    Post edited by nwleee_a52bfead84 on
  • RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

nwleee_a52bfead84 said:

RL_Media said:

j11011 said:

where do you see that?

If you do a search in the Daz store, just type in the search bar "Genesis 9" and it will show you those merchant resource morph packs.

Ah, I tried a search on "merchant resource morph pack" and it didnt pop up lol. yeah see it now.

• The prices on those packs are probably going to drop to human sane normal levels once they get their first male figure out.

• Psyckosama said:

The prices on those packs are probably going to drop to human sane normal levels once they get their first male figure out.

The current morph packs are Merchant resource sets - we expect there will be non-merchant rsource versions at some point soon for mere mortals like us.

• I'm going to hold on with any G9 purchases until then. I need an equivalent of G3/G8 character morphs before I can really utilize the new character base.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,948

I can't wait to throw my money at these morphs already, was hoping it was today or tomorrow!

So until then, it looks like it's off to ZBrush I go!

• Goofing off, actually alot going on here, extra enhanced bicep morphs with hand bending, soft body effects with D-Force to make the body compression morphs, and then using Mesh Grabber to build some basic CRUDE muscle structure, took literally less than 20 minutes using that tool! Lot of fun, can't wait to see what the real artists will give us. TD

Victoria 9 Baseline.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 224K
    Victoria 9 Muscle.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 227K
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

If you're referring to flexion morphs they're, by default, disabled. Go to Parameters > General > Misc and turn up 'Flexion Automatic Strength'.

'Body Pose Detail Strength' adds some HD morphs around some areas, like wrists when bent. 'FACS Detail Strength' similarly overlays some HD morphs, particularly to the lips under certain circumstances (eg. Mouth Pucker and Mouth Purse).