Is this clothing morph transfer possible?

3DthiSS3DthiSS Posts: 146
edited July 2015 in The Commons

have converted alot of V4 clothing into Genesis using the transfer utility and a few other methods.

and lately I've been wondering this... if I I used Morphing Clothes to transfer custom V4 character morphs into a piece of clothing and then transfer that piece into Genesis would I have something that would fit the  GenX custom V4 shape?..I've successfully transferred custom V4 shape  morphs to use with V4 clothing but have been unable to do what I've just asked.

should I be able to transfer something like this into Genesis?

thanx

Post edited by 3DthiSS on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

I am not sure I am understanding what you are asking. Are you trying to transfer morphs from a figure to another figure? If so there is a thread on this and yes you can do it.

If you want to transfer a custom FIT for the clothing so that it looks perfect for a certain shape that is also possible, but you wouldn't use the transfer utilty. you could dial in the custom shape into the orgiinal garment. From here either export as OBJ and use Morph Loader Prop to load that morph into the genesis version of the outfi or send to hexagon, rename it in hexagon to match the name of the genesis version. Then send back to Daz.

For both methods You would name the morph the exact name of the morph the character uses. and you would not reverse defomrations, and for overwrite existing I think it should be set to deltas only.

• 3DthiSS3DthiSS Posts: 146

yeah this is kind of hard to explain but I will try again so that we're on the same page.

I've been able to get really good and loose fits on gen 4 clothing transferred over to  genesis using the transfer utility and a few other methods as well...I avoid using the auto fit because of the way it shrink wraps the clothing....so there I am with a nice item of gen 4 clothing that fits perfectly my GenX  V4 ...as long as I don't use a custom V4 GenX figure...which is what I want to do.

what I'm asking is this ...I'm able to use Morphing Clothes and make almost any gen 4 clothing fit a custom V4 figure/character ....shouldn't I then be able to transfer an item that's been made to fit a custom figure over to genesis like I do with the  "normal" clothing ?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, except skip trying to use MC on the converted piece. 

Load V4, dial in the shape you want to make a custom morph for.

Load the clothing, fit it to custom V4, use MC if you want/need.  After this MC becomes useless...it's for legacy/parametric rigged/cr2 items and won't work on weight mapped/duf files.

Then make everything EXCEPT the clothing (if it's more than one piece do each piece individually) invisible (use the eye icon in the Scene tab).  Export as an obj (keep track of your export settings, you'll need the counterpart on import). 

Then load up Genesis and the versions of both the clothing and character...then select the clothing (or piece) and use Morph Loader to import the exported 'original' morph.

Much easier than it sounds.

• 3DthiSS3DthiSS Posts: 146

so after I export the obj and load up Genesis and the custom GenX V4 Figure what exactly do I load the item of clothing as?....I mean do I first convert clothing figure to weight mapping  and then transfer the item over to Genesis and then load that?

thanks alot for helping