DAZ site blocked by OpenDNS?

bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,817

Currently, if I try to access the DAZ site, I get a message from OpenDNS (a popular DNS provider) saying "This domain is blocked due to content filtering" (*)

It isn't currently clear to me whether this is a global ban that affects all OpenDNS users, or whether the ISP I'm using has specified a particular profile to be used by OpenDNS for traffic originating from their network. According to OpenDNS's classification system, DAZ is known for "Bikini/Lingerie" (fair enough), so maybe that's what's triggering the block.

I did a test with a couple of other popular 3D websites, including two whose names begin with 'Render'. The one whose name ends in '-otica' was also blocked (which is new, but not too surprising); the one whose name ends in '-osity' was not. That seems a little inconsistent.

Has anyone else who uses OpenDNS seen similar issues?

(*) Yes, I am posting on the DAZ forum, but that's because I switched to alternate DNS servers.

Comments

• Thanks, I've sent a head's up.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Are you getting OpenDNS through just using them or do you have a login?

If I remember (it's been ages since I tried them) if you just go with 'nonaccount' use, you are stuck with the 'kiddy filter'/NSFW filter 'ON' by default. 

• That's just, great! Now I'm hoping this is not more wide spread, and NASA is not also behind an equally wrong site block.

I can only imagine how that makes me look in there eyes, having just sent them a link to the New Horizons thread here (as a reference of what I'm dealing with, with the 3D models). surprise Eeeek.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Guess all that skank wear is catching up on DAZ, but I'm shocked Rosity isn't blocked as they have even more than here lol

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Kiddy/NSFW filters are the current 'rage'...again. 

Shoot, stab, chop up with chainsaw, blow up in a million different ways...fine.  Wear a bikini or show a little skin...cover your eyes, you pervert.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    mjc1016 said:

Kiddy/NSFW filters are the current 'rage'...again. 

Shoot, stab, chop up with chainsaw, blow up in a million different ways...fine.  Wear a bikini or show a little skin...cover your eyes, you pervert.

Speaking as our Resident Pervert, I believe that the Entire Internet should be assumed to be Adults Only, and it should be the kiddie safe sites that need the warnings to enter and 2251 reports and generally be treated as the exception rather than the norm.

Dang kids ruin everything!!